Unofficial Mills

DJ screens

japitts

Geeky I know, but... Does anyone know what the 4 screens on the DJ desk actually do?

I'm guessing, one's for the jingles, one for text and emails, one playout/music and another..

I've noticed on the webcams for daytime shows it's quite common for one of the end monitors to be on screensaver or locked, but "interactive" shows like Request or Chart, Reggie's using all 4.

No comment to being a geek :-)

Yep, 1 is a normal PC screen, 1 is the 'Cartwall' - Where the jingles/beds/vox/sounds come from:

http://www.vcs.de/media-broadcasting-solutions/our-products/radio-playout-systems/dira-cartplayer-for-radio.html?L=1

Latest additions:

- Full Imaging Beds package (2009-2010)

- 2009 re-voice by Music4 (DRY+WET IDs, chart numbers 1-40)

- BBC Top Gear - Backing beds used in programs

can that not be seen on the big LCD screens on the wall.

I am assuming one is a normal PC screen for internet use as mentioned above, one for texts, one for playout and not sure about the 4th

the lcd screen doesn't seem to show that... it's either of their own studio, perhaps like a mirror to see what the others are doing, or as a normal tv...

etheridge_tom.png

Guest inxces4308

Screen 1 (Left) - Emails, texts and general internet.

Screen 2 - VCS Cartwall - for simple things like beds, clips and SFX and sometimes IDs but not very often.

Screen 3 - VCS Playlist - this is the playlist, it includes all the music and IDs, generally its always in auto and the DJs don't do much with it :)

Screen 4 - VCS Tracking - This is where they can edit audio and seque the songs and IDs together from the playlist on screen 3 - Producers will do most of this though from somewhere else - Its also a normal PC too for whatever they want (I think).

Have fun geeks!

Guest inxces4308
Are you sure about this? I'm think they still press the play buttons themselves rather than letting the system do it...

Yes. 100%.

Moyles is the only one that does it himself (or his producers).

People like scott mills/fearne cotton use software to put IDs/Adverts/Music together, but on Moyles' show a producer (usually Aled) presses play on the records.

The producer has a computer on the other side of the studio, and they can drag audio files in and out of the playlist screen.

Latest Jingles: 2010 Beds Package, 2009 and 2010 ID Packages, Newsbeat 2009/10.

http://www.freegary.org.uk/

Is this video available anywhere else? I can't see it being outside of the UK. Can someone cap it?

Use a proxy. It's the same problem I have. It takes loads of time, but as we're all geeks, it shouldn't be a big thing... ;)

(but if anyone can make it possible for us poor international listeners to watch it, I won't mind!)

"I like Franziska. Sounds mad as a box of frogs, but we like her." (Dev)

Use a proxy. It's the same problem I have. It takes loads of time, but as we're all geeks, it shouldn't be a big thing... ;)

(but if anyone can make it possible for us poor international listeners to watch it, I won't mind!)

Most of the UK proxies which I have tried remove flash :l

Oh well!

You would think when you broadcast on Sirius in CANADA and the UNITED STATES that we would be open to viewing content. Oh well...