Unofficial Mills

Football Season 2010/11

John

Ok.. I know it technically started last week with the Football League games, but today the Premiership has kicked off!! Blackpool are playing their first Premiership game (currently winning 2-0!)

Who do you support and how do you think you'll do this season?

(Serious fans only please. I don't want to see people saying 'I hate football, pah. Its shit!' in a thread dedicated to it)

take control

An Arsenal supporter here. Realistically I'd like a top 4 finish and a cup; but I think we'll finish 3rd, be Carling Cup finalists, Champions League quarter-finalists, and be FA Cup semi-finalists.

This is all assuming we buy a #1 goalkeeper and another CB. No African Cup of Nations to affect us this year so hopefully we can stay moreorless injury free and strengthen our squad before September, and again in January if necessary.

• 1 month later...

OK... something is really annoying me. Its the reaction from so called 'football fans' at the news that Portsmouth might be liquidated very soon. I went onto a Leeds Forum earlier this evening and a handful of these twats seem happy that this may happen! Likewise a Sheffield Wednesday fan posted on a Southampton forum something along the lines of 'HAHAHAHHAHA etc etc etc'. I feel really sorry for the fans of Portsmouth. Their loyal genuine, week in-week out supporters who will be affected the most by this news. What is encouraging though is the reaction of Southamptom fans, Portsmouths closest rivels who seem genuinly saddened at the possibility of losing this long standing rivallry.

take control

rooney, what a bell end. i actually felt sorry for fergie the other day, he looked broken. he'll still leave, but united will be able to get top price for him now so they can have a top striker like higuain as a replacement.

i would also love the media to stop thinking that the england team is all about him too, gerrard is in my opinion the main man. plus we have jack wilshire, adam johnson, james milner coming through. they seem to forget that one of the few times england have played great since 1966, and in my opinion the last great match they had. was against germany in 2001 when they won 1-5. rooney was just a schoolboy then, says enough for me.

on the grid.