Unofficial Mills

13 years of Chris Moyles on Radio 1

Jono

And who else would not only fight for all the things he's allowed to get away with, but also be allowed by Radio One to fight for all those things? Chris is the last of a dying breed. Once Chris and Scott are gone, everyone else is a contracted piece of the Radio One puzzle that will conform or be lost in the shuffle.

How brilliant were those archived clips they played on the show this morning?! Hats off to Moyles, not everyone in broadcasting has such longevity... 13 years on and STILL producing original and entertaining radio is some good work!

Can't we talk this through? Actions are not what I'm used to...

Can't beat Moyles on R1. Although Scott Mills would be the obvious replacement.

thing is, scott is of the same generation. afterall, he joined radio 1 in 1998. of course i'd personally like to see him take on breakfast if moyles ever went, however the radio 1 managment don't see it that way. i'm dreading who they will bring in to replace either scott or chris when they go. a dj that sounds exactly as bland as the other 4 daytime dj's that they could be amongst.

on the grid.

Agree with DC. Sadly I think time has passed fro Scott to take on Breakfast, and as much as we would all like to see him there, he too has been at the station for 12 years and so its unlikely the breakfast show will be given to an "old timer" now!

I can see perhaps Grimshaw or Reggie taking on the Breakfast show.

Moyles you are one of the last of a generation of fantastic DJ's that Ive listned to trhoughout my teens and now early (mid?!) 20's! Its been great and I hope it has a little longer left before we finally see the manufactured, contracted garbage take over!

Agree with DC. Sadly I think time has passed fro Scott to take on Breakfast, and as much as we would all like to see him there, he too has been at the station for 12 years and so its unlikely the breakfast show will be given to an "old timer" now!

I can see perhaps Grimshaw or Reggie taking on the Breakfast show.

Moyles you are one of the last of a generation of fantastic DJ's that Ive listned to trhoughout my teens and now early (mid?!) 20's! Its been great and I hope it has a little longer left before we finally see the manufactured, contracted garbage take over!

Come to think of it, even though it wouldn't be a popular move, I think Grimmy could do a decent job of the breakfast show.

In 2011, Moyles' and Mills' contracts run out, and 6music will carry on broadcasting from 2011 onwards. Nice coincidence there.

(I am assuming that both contracts are not being renewed, and I think it is highly unlikely that Mills or Moyles will still be on their current slots in late 2011...)

unique...

I wasn't thinking of that, and I can't imagne that happening either. But I think if Moyles and Mills will have left, Radio 1 will sound completely different. Without these two, and Whiley, there's not much left on Radio 1 that makes me want to tune in. I don't know who's going to be brought in, but judged by recent additions to the DJ-team, I don't expect too much...

And if I don't listen to Radio 1 anymore, 6music iy probably going to be my choice.

I'm not exactly 15 any more, you know ;)

unique...