Unofficial Mills

New Newsbeat Imaging...

newsbeat

it's a bidding process, so companies like Wise Buddah and Music 4 will send in their demos to hope to be broadcast. i spotted on the live camera a while ago that music 4 made the newsbeat imaging for this year. its a bit disappointing that they aren't putting much on their website, though.

Latest Jingles: 2010 Beds Package, 2009 and 2010 ID Packages, Newsbeat 2009/10.

http://www.freegary.org.uk/

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, they composed a lot of BBC R1 beds, but they're keeping it to themselves!

Here's the Newsbeat history as I know it:

1995: Groove Addicts

1996: Groove Addicts

1997: Unknown

1998: Vibe/Music4

1999: Vibe/Music4

2000: Vibe/Music4

2001: Vibe/Music4

2002: Vibe/Music4

2003: David Lowe

2004: In-house station sound remix of 2003

2005: Music4

2006 : (Updated voiceovers to 2005 package, no changes)

2007: Music4

2008: (Updated voiceovers to 2005 package, no changes)

2009: Music4

2010: (1st half, same as 2009, September onwards, who knows!)

Latest additions:

- Full Imaging Beds package (2009-2010)

- 2009 re-voice by Music4 (DRY+WET IDs, chart numbers 1-40)

- BBC Top Gear - Backing beds used in programs

It is similar in sound to the BBC News package, as it was composed by the same person - David Lowe.

It is custom-made from 1 'theme' which is then incorporated into ll the cuts from the package.

@awinfield999 - I've tried e-mailing Music4 loads of times, never got a response

Latest additions:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of sending them a hand written letter. Maybe they'll respond? I'll ask them for some 'demo cd's' with various Newsbeat bits on it.

Latest additions:

What would be cool for geeks like us is if they put the top three entires for example open to vote for.

Wish they would do that. Do you want me to drill down into why they wouldn't or not?

Latest additions:

They don't pay companies for demo material.

All rights remain with the composer, so the BBC doesn't own a thing in the demo, so if they put it online, it would probably be breaking the law

Latest additions:

All the Music 4 stuff is copyrighted but it's not as if anyone on a pirate station will want jingles that talk about Radio 1 on them - they need to lighten up

Couldn't agree more.

Same with Wise Buddah, i'm trying to ask them why they don't have the Big Weekend Themes on their website.

As for e-mailing them, well I'd be prepared to bet that you'd never get a response...

I guess so, in a way its nearly like real music, or any other collector. They're not going to give anything away for free just because they're enthusiastic.

Never mind, but it would be nice if they at least updated their websites.

Exactly - PRS/MCPS licensing is really expensive to get, but people with it can download production music. Some charge ontop of that too - it's a long and complicated process. Most of R1's stuff is comissioned personally, I think.

Virtually all of it is comissioned.

Here's what I beleive to be production music used on R1

Who/What/Where Am I (now rested)

Oh, What's Occuring

Rob DJ's Pub Quiz

The Surgery With Aled

All the rest is exclusive to them, apart from their X Gen, and id_1 Noise Fusion stuff

And yes, PRS/MCPS licencing is VERY expensive

Latest additions: