Unofficial Mills

Ellie Goulding: Greg James is the one for me

Jono

ELLIE GOULDING has spoken for the first time about how starry-eyed she is with Radio 1 star GREG JAMES.

Last week I revealed the chart-topping singer and the DJ were an item.

I met up with keen athlete Ellie this week so she could put me through my paces in preparation for my triathlon.

As I struggled along with a horror hangover, she effortlessly breezed around the park. And she was good enough to tell me how their relationship began.

She said: "It was funny how it all came about. Greg had come to a few of my early gigs and someone had told me he was a really big fan.

"I didn't actually know who he was but I listened in to Radio 1 and found out. I invited him to my vinyl pressing and we got talking. It all happened from there.

"I really admire him. He won a competition to get his big break and has worked hard."

Hugely talented Ellie is a breath of fresh air in pop - and a looker, too. If you haven't seen the Bizarre Session she did last month, check it out. There's no doubting her voice. Greg is a diamond too - and they make a top couple.

Earlier this year I watched with Greg as Ellie performed at The Brits launch party. I wondered why he was so sheepish.

I thought it was because I'd forgotten I borrowed £20 from him at the bar when I had been on Xtra Factor.

Ellie joked about the long road to success. She said: "I supported BABYSHAMBLES in Italy. It was awful. I had to ask halfway through if someone could bring a stiff drink to me on stage.

"They didn't want to hear pop. All they could say was, 'Go away! Go away!' It was character building."

The crowd was well onside at Glastonbury, though. Not that she needs to worry.

Something tells me the Radio 1 playlist will be looking after her.

Ellie, on the John Peel Stage last night, pitched in with a faultless set as punters outside clambered to get a look-in.

Those inside were treated to a delight.

Guns And Horses had the entire tent clapping and singing along while her set closer, Starry Eyed, was the icing on the cake.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3030997/Ellie-Goulding-speaks-about-love-for-Radio-1-star-Greg-James.html#ixzz0rwyjZRr6

Eh?! Where on earth did you get this idea. :confused:
Hugely talented Ellie is a breath of fresh air in pop - and a looker, too. If you haven't seen the Bizarre Session she did last month, check it out. There's no doubting her voice. Greg is a diamond too - and they make a top couple

its the way he writes about certain people, i know it's the sun but the way he has worded some of his comments just seem a bit, you know :confused:

:)

• 2 weeks later...
imagine my friends! They wouldn't even know who Greg and Ellie are! ;)

Aww. My friends don't know who Greg is. About one found out about Starry Eyed months after I had told her about it (then didn't believe me about having it on my iPod ages ago), and waaay after I played Under The Sheets all the night. Hurr.

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone just hear greg introduce ellie's song

it made me laugh

he was introducing it and trying not to chuckle and was saying how it is his favourite song of the album although it sounds like a cat being dragged across the motorway

Did anyone just hear greg introduce ellie's song

it made me laugh

he was introducing it and trying not to chuckle and was saying how it is his favourite song of the album although it sounds like a cat being dragged across the motorway

OMLG. Sounds so sweet. I wanna hear this now.

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.