Jono

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm. Interesting, indeed.

I'm not sure what I'm thinking. It's a little strange, perhaps.

A lot of the "News" content is very similar to here, and the only "Videocast" is an old Pizza Prank Call.

Why does it need to say "advert space" around every ad? It's blatantly an ad! The contact page looks messy, and the "www.wisebuddah.com/talent" link doesn't work.

The guest gallery is just everything from the Radio 1 site, and the only thing of much use is the "Gig Guide".

That's my take on it anyway.

Ohai.

What's wrong with Unoffical Mills? There basically the same thing!

If we had become official you'd have found we'd have lost a lot of stuff. The forums would be watered down, it would probably been more likely to be seen as advertising on-air and stuff like the clips might raise a few eyebrows over legality.

Hmmm. Interesting, indeed.

I'm not sure what I'm thinking. It's a little strange, perhaps.

A lot of the "News" content is very similar to here, and the only "Videocast" is an old Pizza Prank Call.

Yeees, that's because I'm writing it. For now it was just a bit of a carbon copy for the first day so we could test things.

I'll ask to change it to Edith :)

not sure how a pic of Edith would be relevant :confused:

up to you i suppose, i just think this looks weird & somewhat scary ? it is different though.

scott-1.jpg

i thought you posted about it, for feedback maybe ? that's why i replied with what i did, if you didn't want feedback, then i apologise & retract my comment, i look forward to see what it looks like when it's finished.

:)

I don't like it... :-( It's too overwhelming in some way.

Actually, I think I know what IS bothering me.... and it's the "Too Much Information" thing. I mean, in the past, I just needed to look at UM for info., then Scott got into twitter - it's actually astonished me he managed to keep it up - so you got info. from that, which actually turned out to be fine.

Now, there's this: I see you may sign up for newsletters from the new Site, which I have done.

But it's just too much information coming in from all sides... UM, Twitter, and the New Site.

And, you know what, I'll probably look at UM anyway, and not really bother with the new stuff. Just a thought.

I fear my brain may not be able to deal with this. :-(

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

It must be a sign! Good luck hope you pass ! XX

PS Did you reference the influence of Calagari on the director James Whale and his classic 30's Frankenstein?

Thank you! No we looked at it but in the exam I opted for referencing FW Murnau's Nosferatu and its influences on Tim Burton's Edward Scissorhands in creating mise en scene, particularly Edwards Castle and the real / nightmare would divide. I thought I'd rambled on about Calaghari enough!

And before anyone says this is not off topic it's merely slightly straying from the previous topic of conversation of educational purposes!

ChrisHewgill.jpg

I don't like it... :-( It's too overwhelming in some way.

Actually, I think I know what IS bothering me.... and it's the "Too Much Information" thing. I mean, in the past, I just needed to look at UM for info., then Scott got into twitter - it's actually astonished me he managed to keep it up - so you got info. from that, which actually turned out to be fine.

Now, there's this: I see you may sign up for newsletters from the new Site, which I have done.

But it's just too much information coming in from all sides... UM, Twitter, and the New Site.

And, you know what, I'll probably look at UM anyway, and not really bother with the new stuff. Just a thought.

I fear my brain may not be able to deal with this. :-(

just don't go to the new site then if you think all the info is on here as well.

:)

I like the look of it and wish Jono the best of luck with the project, but I hope it carries a link to UM, and hope it doesn't prevent UM from attracting newbies. I personally don't see myself using it that often providing the archives are continued and still regularly updated.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Tyler

You’ve won a Glee signed album from scottmillsofficial

Nice!

Can you email me your address so we can get it sent out.

Would appreciate if you could tell me where in UK you are so we can put on Scott’s site

Best Wishes, Steve

Is this a real e-mail from the site? Please Help Jono

Who Is She?! Who Is She?! Where Did You Find Her?!

It seems a bit OTT with all the stuff on it. It also seems to take a while to load (that might be because I've got loads of stuff going on in the background though) or maybe its due to all the pictures.

It seems to lack purpose but maybe thats because its using BBC and UM content at the moment and it will grow into a niche with time.

Sam