Unofficial Mills

10 Hour Takeover

abertom

Unfortunately, sometimes tracks aren't tagged, which is annoying if you are trying to find out the name of the track!

Perhaps they're played off CD or something, hence why they won't appear in the last fm.

Also, it seems like they're playing quite a lot of stuff down the lines from Afghanistan, especially the dedication packages for people working out there where they say "It's Bob from 5th batallion, here's a track for my wife etc" and then the song kicks in. If you listen carefully, the audio quality becomes a bit more mushy (!).

Perhaps they're played off CD or something, hence why they won't appear in the last fm.

Also, it seems like they're playing quite a lot of stuff down the lines from Afghanistan, especially the dedication packages for people working out there where they say "It's Bob from 5th batallion, here's a track for my wife etc" and then the song kicks in. If you listen carefully, the audio quality becomes a bit more mushy (!).

Yeah. That's true. They've been edited together just before the vocal so, as you point out, won't appear named.

I thought they came across enthusiastic enough, just not OVERLY enthusiastic about an event like they normally do about everything (up to and including a certain big weekend which STILL has TV Trailers for it airing, or did last night). It was nice to have a break from it all being too in-your-face. Scott had some great bits of banter with Jessie off of BFBS and a lot of people seemed to enjoy the bits with her in (Me included), a future Radio1 talent there potentially methinks, definitely very entertaining.

Too loud, someone was hungover then, huh? ;) :hahaha:

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

I wasn't hungover, was getting over flu. There seemed to be a lot of Guns + Roses stuff. Rather than the disco stuff, like Dancing Queen, that I was wanting!!

Also, I would rather Scott was able to just get on with his usual banter, rather than having to deal with some (clearly amateur person) out abroad.

Appreciate the sentiment behind the thing, but it was as entertaining as a cardboard box.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Also, I would rather Scott was able to just get on with his usual banter, rather than having to deal with some (clearly amateur person) out abroad.

He did get to do his banter, just with someone other than Beccy (refreshingly, as I find Beccy a little tedious)... and he does work best when he has more than one other person on-air to bounce off (hence a dip in quality of the show since Chappers fled for his glittering now 5Live career).

and please don't knock cardboard boxes, literally minutes of work goes into making them what they are, they can't help it if some of them aren't painted bright and pretty colours :hahaha:

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

I suppose there was a bit of banter (well, kind of)...... I find Becky quite tedious too, with the constant interruptions!!

Actually, I've just thought of something else: I would have preferred people (soldiers) live on air, declaring undying love for girlfriends, etc., etc., rather than just texts being read out!! That's another area where it just went flat, you know.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0