Unofficial Mills

Big Brother 2010

Tyler1994

never seen BB except the very first show & the last one of the first series where that builder bloke won.

i'm not going to be watching any of it, i will be glad to see the end of this shit program, bunch of idiots sitting round a TV watching another bunch if idiots sitting around.

:)

Guest PineapplesLikeAarons

Used to watch it with my mum years ago. She doesn't watch it anymore, so I don't.

It annoys me that she thinks I should remember everything about it even though I was like, 5.

I will be avoiding it as much as humanly possible, sadly I will no doubt have updates on it through the radio and will inevitably know something about it.

The sort of people in it have got more and more ridiculous. The first series was the best because that was "normal" people. They have consistantly tried to out-do the previous year by getting more and more "outrageous" inmates and its getting stupid, claims they have a glamour model, someone related to a sportsperson, etc etc are wearing thin. Some hang about for their 5 minutes of fame and then fade back into society but others don't go away and massively outstay their welcome in the public eye.

However the idea of people in a house watching people in a house cannot be summed up better than this;

Every day I would go round to my ex's house and if we were in BB season 99% of the time it would be on live stream on the main tv in the house and it would be on for hours. Her mum would watch it religiously and talked about these people as if she knew them. If someone was having an argument it could ultimately put her in a bad mood. If someone had done soemthing they shouldnt have then she would moan as if it had had some effect on her.

If you're gonna watch it then fair enough, watch it. Don't insist on boring other people with the mundane goings on in it, particularly when they've made it perfectly clear they don't give 2 shits about it

Not impressed with censorship

^^^ Couldn't have put it better, luckily I have never had to suffer the whole it being on in the room etc thing (though came close with Pop Idol when that was starting... ugh). Series 1, it was also something we hadn't seen before in the UK so it was interesting in that respect along with them not having total attention-whores... I mean the guy who won it spent a lot of the early weeks just sleeping, didn't he?

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Series 1, it was also something we hadn't seen before in the UK so it was interesting in that respect along with them not having total attention-whores... I mean the guy who won it spent a lot of the early weeks just sleeping, didn't he?

I couldnt say, the program was only really brought to my attention after the whole "nasty Nick" thing when he tried to get people to nominate certain others.

The problem now is that people KNOW they'll get media attention now, which is why we get the trouble makers, show offs and girls who fancy themselves as models. Incidently another thing I have a problem with, some of them got their 5 mionutes of fame in the likes of nuts and disappeared, whereas others such as that Chanelle thing just wouldn't G.T.F

Not impressed with censorship

I've watched a few of them but am definitely going to watch this one as it's the last.

Me too. I watched some of the earlier series' then pretty much gave up the ghost. But I will be watching this, just to see what surprises Channel 4 have up their sleeves for the new housemates!

take control

:rolleyes: Moyles is already on about it,

he just tweeted this;

"Big Brother was ace. Details on radio show and hopefully video online tomorrow. Had lunch with imaginary Martin after. He was real today..!"

it surprises me that Moyles would like it, i dunno if he really does like it or just does it to engage with the tweenie listeners.

appoligise for the language, but

i fooking hate bb.

:)

Davina is on with Moyles talking about it now. This year its gonna be 11 weeks instead of 13. The winner will then recieve the money but will stay in the house for a further 2 weeks and will be joined by the 'best' house mates from all the other series. Hmmm.........

Davina is on with Moyles talking about it now. This year its gonna be 11 weeks instead of 13. The winner will then recieve the money but will stay in the house for a further 2 weeks and will be joined by the 'best' house mates from all the other series. Hmmm.........

and then they nuke the house at the end?

*is hopeful of this eventuality*

My take on Big Brother, I take a quote from Simon Cowell on Britain's Got Talent last week. "There's a lot of snobbery in television currently". He's right. Big Brother doesn't appeal to me in anyway but some people find the idea of locking up 12 bonkers people in a house and monitoring their behaviour interesting and entertaining, so why shouldn't they watch it.

Big Brother is, or certainly was ground breaking. It has created a new genre of television that some people LOVE and some people HATE. Just becuase it only appeals to certain people, doesn't mean the people who watch it are thick etc as some people suggest, just leave them to like it and avoid it yourself.

Now even some people who love it admit the format is tired and the show needs putting to bed and I agree with that, I personally found it more interesting when the house mates were normal, so you could relate to them a little bit more and monitor how stangers take to each other. When it became a bit mad that's when it lost it's appeal to me (that said I only watched one series).

Do I like it? No. Is it trash TV? No. It's merely a genre that people tend to either love or hate. Can I see why others like it? Yes, so enjoy it while you can guys.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Im not a huge fan to be honest. i realy enjoyed the first couple of seasons though. after season 2/3 they started to get far to farfetched with their ideas. it likes an episode of lost now with all the crazy stuff happeneing to try make it more exciting.

also, my one hate about it was that the scotish contestant is ALWAYS gay, foreign, far too christian, a crazy glasweigan maniac or something else crazy. its never anybody likeable or 'normal'

Flash Flash!

Im not a huge fan to be honest. i realy enjoyed the first couple of seasons though. after season 2/3 they started to get far to farfetched with their ideas. it likes an episode of lost now with all the crazy stuff happeneing to try make it more exciting.

Agreed, liked series 1 and watched bits of 2.

also, my one hate about it was that the scotish contestant is ALWAYS gay, foreign, far too christian, a crazy glasweigan maniac or something else crazy. its never anybody likeable or 'normal'

It doesn't appeal enough to more 'normal' people to apply? Also there seems to be this idea that's been spread that to even get on there you have to be crazy or 'unique'