FIFA World Cup 2010 - South Africa

John

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

scotland 1-2 italy. enough said, buckfast swilling rats.

on a lighter note, holland vs brazil should be worth watching. either that, or it'll be crap like portugal v brazil or like most hyped up matches in this world cup.

on the grid.

i'd just love to ask those sections of scots, who tell us we shouldn't be proud to be who we are, call us all the names under the sun, possibly hope we die etc. why they don't come down here and do something about it, if they really hate england that much. we'd have more time and respect if they didn't seclude themselves in their shacks and make empty threats, and moan about us.

on the grid.

that was sooner, and more serious. there wouldn't of even been a scotland if churchill and all the soldiers fighting hadn't of won. regardless of some scots who possibly backed hiter simply because they were fighting us.

look my point is that there was even scottish support for the terrorist attacks in london 5 years ago. could you imagine if the english gloated at dunblaine or the lockerbie bombings!? of course, decent english people don't sink that low.

i'm sure i've mentioned this before, but i recall browsing a few forums and i can't repeat most of the anti english horror i read there. and i'm not sure if the said forum is even still around.

but one will always stick in my mind. his post was something along the lines of "i'm glad the english cunts died, hope some women and children got killed as well". his location, scotland. his avatar was a manchester united logo. his supposed pride & joy is an english based football club, and that's what he came out with. think of all the things in his life that he enjoys, which is based in england, the bbc for one.

i'd have given anything for him to be on that train instead of someone else who didn't deserve to be blown to bits.

on the grid.

I wouldn't personally jump around at anyone dying except with the exception of Bin Laden and his cronies. Can't think why anyone would be happy at someone elses death even if they were foreign/different religion etc...

But back on topic Holland are through!

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

But back on topic Holland are through!

aah no! It's not fair. First I supported Switzerland and England - both of them lost. Then I decided to cheer for Ghana - out too. Finally I gave my support to Uruguay and now they lost too! What's going on there???

"I like Franziska. Sounds mad as a box of frogs, but we like her." (Dev)

And of course, decent Scottish people don't sink as low as what you are saying either. So get off your high horse and open your eyes to realise that both sides are as bad as each other.

high horse? don't make me laugh. i don't think i'm bigger than anyone else when i'm saying this. i'm making a point that's been on my mind for years, and i wouldn't mind understanding what the hell it's all about. so far my conclusion is that it's mindless hatred, although harmless to us.

Don't rule it out. Remember they signed Henrik Larsson

maybe so, but i still think larsson was a cut above forlan. i've noticed people seem to have it set in their minds that just because players have a good world cup, they can cut it in the premiership. kleberson for man united, juan sebastian veron after the 1998 world cup. forlan at 31 is too old to come back now.

besides, i think united have an experienced old head in owen. they need to offload berbatov and bring in a mid 20's striker who is class enough to partner rooney upfront. and maybe surpass him if rooney's world cup performances are anything to go by.

on the grid.

high horse? don't make me laugh. i don't think i'm bigger than anyone else when i'm saying this. i'm making a point that's been on my mind for years, and i wouldn't mind understanding what the hell it's all about. so far my conclusion is that it's mindless hatred, although harmless to us.

And you have the right to make your point, but it amuses me that you can just shut your eyes to the fact that the hatred is mutual in alot of cases. There is as much low-life scum in Scotland as there is in England, so don't think it's one sided.

www.twitter.com/#!/AlistairRobb93

And you have the right to make your point, but it amuses me that you can just shut your eyes to the fact that the hatred is mutual in alot of cases. There is as much low-life scum in Scotland as there is in England, so don't think it's one sided.

It certain is a mutual rivalry between Scotland and England and many other cases... however I know enough Germans to know that England-Germany 'rivalry' is pretty much almost one-way. Also a lot of these rivalries stay more 'friendly' somehow or they keep the worst of it on the pitch/in the stadium.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Moyles and Dave back on the red button tonight!

Rio Ferdinand clearly enjoyed the commentary, even more so then Lawro according to his tweets. :D

Nice to see a new champion being crowned this tournament as opposed to the usual Brazil pre match favourite hype.

Lather, rinse, repeat.