Unofficial Mills

Blackberry vs iPhone

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PineapplesLikeAarons
Well, you do because the software isn't out until June...

And you'll need to pay for the iPod Touch OS4 upgrade, whereas the iPhone upgrade is free.

But you need to wait until June to get the brand new iPhone, anyway. There's a major hardware upgrade coming with improved camera, screen, battery, etc that is most likely getting announced at the big Apple event in June (and usually comes out soon after). With the new iPhone will probably come a new iPod Touch (which I also have, and it's immensely inferior to the iPhone) and everything else, so wait it out and get the new iPhone. If you can hold off until July, perfect.

The software on the... 3rd Gen? I think it is.. Can use OS4 though.

Pay for iPod touches??? WTF? How much? What? When? Why? Who? Where?

Yes, but, i want an iPod for music, not games and apps..... :P :p :P lol

Excuse me... I have my iPod purely for music. Apps & games are an added extra that I don't use a lot. Safari, YouTube, Facebook: Yeah, okay. But music means more to me than anything. You WILL be able to fit ALL your music onto a 64GB one defo, probs a 32GB.. How much music do you have?

I'm not following, so I'll say it again:

OS4 is not out yet. OS4 will be out when the new iPhone and possibly the new iPod Touch are out. Thus, if you're going to buy an iPod Touch, you might as well just buy an iPhone, get calls, texts, a camera and a built-in microphone, and not have to pay for the OS4 upgrade which you probably will have to do with an iPod Touch since you had to pay to upgrade the OS last time (about a fiver or something - was dirt cheap to be fair).

An iPod is cheaper and stores more music, but the get-around is just to buy a 16gb iPhone, stick 10gb of music you listen to regularly on there, swap it around every week or two to keep your playlist fresh, and download the Spotify app and cough up £10 a month to stream loads of music whenever and wherever.

I have both an iPod Touch and an iPhone, after years of having another mp3 player of a differing brand, and there is no comparison. I would be lost without my iPhone. Not having all 40gb of my music library is a small price for being able to surf Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr whilst playing Crystal Maze and listening to some Metallica on the bus.

Excuse me... I have my iPod purely for music. Apps & games are an added extra that I don't use a lot. Safari, YouTube, Facebook: Yeah, okay. But music means more to me than anything. You WILL be able to fit ALL your music onto a 64GB one defo, probs a 32GB.. How much music do you have?

10, 000 songs.......... *feels like she's been spendig WAY too much time listenig to radio... :( *

10, 000 songs.......... *feels like she's been spendig WAY too much time listenig to radio... :( *

I know the 8GB holds way over 1000 songs so.. I reckon you can get away with a 64GB iPod touch(:

I know the 8GB holds way over 1000 songs so.. I reckon you can get away with a 64GB iPod touch(:

Me and touch screens dont go well 2gether (huge perfectly manicured nails lol)... and i said 10000 not 1000..... :)

Me and touch screens dont go well 2gether (huge perfectly manicured nails lol)... and i said 10000 not 1000..... :)

Believe it or not.. I can read AND count. (;

With the iPod touch you don't use your nails like most phones, you actually use your finger and you can get a pen/stylus to use on it(: Are you going to buy an iPod touch or what then? iPod touch. iPod touch. iPod touch. iPod TOUCH!

If you're getting a Touch, just get an iPhone instead. Absolutely no reason to not get an iPhone if you're getting a Touch.

Do you have an iPod touch?

Believe it or not.. I can read AND count. (;

With the iPod touch you don't use your nails like most phones, you actually use your finger and you can get a pen/stylus to use on it(: Are you going to buy an iPod touch or what then? iPod touch. iPod touch. iPod touch. iPod TOUCH!

No, dont u see? I hv really long nails and it scratches the screen! And im getting the classic... u did convince me, i asked mum for the touch but its too expensive and it turns out this whole thread is pointless cos Mum, aftwer months of saying i could get the iPhone/BlackBerry for my bday, has now said im just getting the classic and that is that because "you have to remember, ines, that i am a single unemployed mother with no qualifications and three children and i simply cnat afford it!!!" and blablabla etc. etc. .... :(

No, dont u see? I hv really long nails and it scratches the screen! And im getting the classic... u did convince me, i asked mum for the touch but its too expensive and it turns out this whole thread is pointless cos Mum, aftwer months of saying i could get the iPhone/BlackBerry for my bday, has now said im just getting the classic and that is that because "you have to remember, ines, that i am a single unemployed mother with no qualifications and three children and i simply cnat afford it!!!" and blablabla etc. etc. .... :(

The classic is more expensive than the touch :L

But anyway, the iPhone won(:

Now you can help me: I'm wondering what to get for Christmas.. Laptop, iPhone or iPod..? Lol, dw(: Just hoping my mum doesn't dump her boyfriend before December, though.. Think I'll ask for the laptop..

The classic is more expensive than the touch :L

But anyway, the iPhone won(:

Now you can help me: I'm wondering what to get for Christmas.. Laptop, iPhone or iPod..? Lol, dw(: Just hoping my mum doesn't dump her boyfriend before December, though.. Think I'll ask for the laptop..

Its not more expensive than the 64gb one that i wanted.... :( anywayzz yeah go 4 the laptop cos the iPhone is literally just the touch with the added fact u can call and text and im assuming u already hav a fone nd iPOD so yeah go 4 laptop... :) im asking for a shopping spree in Topshop for xmas... ;)

There is a flaw in Mitchells reasoning though. It should read, get an iPhone rather than the iPod touch if you can afford the extra cost, or are able to get a decent contract. If not, the iPod touch is the way forward.

True. And besides the iPhone is kind of just the touch but with less music space and the ability to call and text... :)

Its not more expensive than the 64gb one that i wanted.... :( anywayzz yeah go 4 the laptop cos the iPhone is literally just the touch with the added fact u can call and text and im assuming u already hav a fone nd iPOD so yeah go 4 laptop... :) im asking for a shopping spree in Topshop for xmas... ;)

Yeah, maybe a red laptop... Hurmm..

My phone atm is pretty crap though..

Topshop? Ergh. Too expensive. Go for quantity rather that quality. Primark, New Look... If you want anything remotely expensive then Tammy or New Fashion. (:

Yeah, maybe a red laptop... Hurmm..

My phone atm is pretty crap though..

Topshop? Ergh. Too expensive. Go for quantity rather that quality. Primark, New Look... If you want anything remotely expensive then Tammy or New Fashion. (:

Yess i know Topshop is way too expensive... I was in there looking at Kate Moss's new line and the cheapest thing I found in stock was £45!! but yeah itll b Primark and the (massive) new look up in stirling which is a city near me with amazing shops... and lol wht is New Fashion? is it english? i live in scotland..... :P lol

Yess i know Topshop is way too expensive... I was in there looking at Kate Moss's new line and the cheapest thing I found in stock was £45!! but yeah itll b Primark and the (massive) new look up in stirling which is a city near me with amazing shops... and lol wht is New Fashion? is it english? i live in scotland..... :P lol

New Fashion? JR Fashion? I don't know actually... But it is really just disco clothing.. Plus they listen to Radio 1, so I love it(:

btw.. I'm half Scottish! Woo(:

New Fashion? JR Fashion? I don't know actually... But it is really just disco clothing.. Plus they listen to Radio 1, so I love it(:

btw.. I'm half Scottish! Woo(:

Oh.... and im not really scottish... im Portuguese lol..... hence the name. Just live here lol...

Oh.... and im not really scottish... im Portuguese lol..... hence the name. Just live here lol...

I know. *sigh* You have said that a few times before...

Do you have an iPod touch?

Yes. I don't use it any more, though. I only use my iPhone.

There is a flaw in Mitchells reasoning though. It should read, get an iPhone rather than the iPod touch if you can afford the extra cost, or are able to get a decent contract. If not, the iPod touch is the way forward.

Money is a weak-ass excuse. I'm flat broke and I'm still paying the £30 a month (and that's all you need - I don't use my texts because I use Twitter, Facebook, MSN and e-mail instead, and there's loads of apps for free texting if needed).

Mitchell, not everyone CAN get a contract. And PAYG is for the extremely rich or extremely stupid. Money can't all go on one item, and when your flat broke it gets harder and harder. I have missed bills this Month, so it's not all candy and lollipops. And certainly not a weak-ass excuse.

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

Do I really need to signpost my posts for people? I've been here long enough that we should be past this.

Wouldn't mind, but my initial post wasn't even aimed at you. Thus, this is a problem entirely on your part. Not mine. I have no sympathy if you're taking my posts seriously.

Maybe you need a warning in your sig like I have :evil:

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...