The annual did you get tickets thread.

Tom.

Did you or didn't you?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Did you or didn't you?

• YES!!!: Saturday
    • YES!!!: Sunday
    • No.

It's not the luck of the draw if some people have found a way to get around the system though is it? I wouldn't be as bothered if I knew the allocation of tickets had been fair.

How exactly is you NOT getting tickets a case of some people finding a way around the system? There's nothing to say use of multiple emails etc isn't allowed, some people did it, you didn't... end of.

Also if you're hating R1 so much, why join an R1 fansite?

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Ok, I've calmed down a bit from yesterday and now realise my reaction was a little over the top. Sorry about that.

I'm still a bit annoyed though and I won't be putting Radio 1 on at least until they've stopped talking about the Big Weekend.

Before I go I'd just like to respond to some of MrDoodooBlahblah's points.

How exactly is you NOT getting tickets a case of some people finding a way around the system?

If some people are getting multiple pairs of tickets that means other people are getting no tickets. I'm not saying that I would have been guaranteed a pair but I would have been in with a better chance if Radio 1 had a system for spotting multiple entries.

nothing to say use of multiple emails etc isn't allowed, some people did it, you didn't... end of.

You're right, there is nothing to say that multiple email addresses aren't allowed. However it does say that multiple entries are not allowed which should cover the use of different email addresses. Although thinking about it, it's a possibility that R1 deliberately didn't include anything about multiple email addresses because they know they wouldn't be able to enforce it?

if you're hating R1 so much, why join an R1 fansite?

I'll admit, I'm not a big fan of Scott Mills. The reason I joined this site was because I noticed it had a dedicated Big Weekend forum. So thinking I was in with a good chance of getting tickets I created an account here so I could easily keep up with any new developments etc.

If only there were some actual evidence to back up that opinion in some way ;)

I'm afraid you're just going to have to trust me on that one. As much as I am annoyed that my sister got two pairs of tickets and I didn't get any, I know how exited she and her friends are about going and it would ruin their summer if I started posting information on the internet which f*cked it up.

fishy here apart from the convenient promotion of another station if you ask me.

I have nothing to do with that radio station, it was just the first one that I picked out of the air in the heat of the moment. I've tried to remove the last sentence of my first post but I don't seem to be able to edit it any more, so if a mod or somebody else wants to remove it, that's fine by me.

Now, I'd rather not hear any more about Radio 1's Big Weekend in Bangor. Bye.

• 2 weeks later...