Unofficial Mills

Critique

Kinharry

Can't help it, have to...

Dev - keep it going mate, you're on it.

Reggie Yates - Yeah, I can get his show, probably a natural talent.

Zane Lowe - right when I was ten, I was at the fair on the waltzers and a cheesy DJ came on talking really fast. Hi Zane.

Sara Cox - Goddess is a DJ. Naturally funny, no wonder she couldn't handle Edith Boman's show features, Sara has too much personality to need the old play school 1 to 7.

Greg James - got a job as a DJ because he's a virgin. Always wears fluffy pants to protect his "jewels".

Jo Whiley - A cross between a man and a donkey. Nice feet though, just need to chop the rest off.

Edith Bowman - its like you're 3.

Chris Moyles - Sony number 1 in the Fat / Not Funny category.

Annie Mac - who even are you anymore, lovable girl next door became moron ego. ahh.

Scott Mills - God is a DJ. Naturally funny, got timing, Becky and everything.

Fearne Cotton - where to start, struggling on your own since you left the Shart Show.

Blond fluff. "Firm Bottom" suits you better. Your show is cool though because your so cheery and because its amusing how dumb you are.

Nick Grimshaw - he isn't Sara Cox but its still possible he could qualify as something. Like if he died and went to goat heaven and they thought he was ace.

:*:evil:

My turn, my turn.

Dev - His show reminds me of changing a car gear as a learner driver, but thats what he is; a learner. Given time he may become listenable.

Reggie Yates - Smooth, picked up the chart show amazingly well by himself and really showed everyone how Fearne was getting carried on that thing! Definite drive-time contender.

Zane Lowe - Passionate, plays superb music, but I can't listen! No idea why just I cannot bring myself to listen to two hours of him.

Sara Cox - Great, brilliant, excellent, amazing.

Greg James - 1-4 feels like local radio nowadays. Rubbish features (throw a coin in a cup! phone up with a word that begins with a letter from the alphabet! interview the live lounge guest literally 30 minutes after it's been done!)

Jo Whiley - Much more suited to weekends, i think she has excelled in her current spot

Edith Bowman - Hmmhmmhmm. Old show was DIRE, new show is ok. Wouldn't if there was anything else to listen to.

Chris Moyles - Best listen. I love his honesty, quick-wit and how the team interacts. even though some of the features are lame (Where am I?) they make it funny.

Annie Mac - Again, passionate. Funny. It's a shame she got landed with the Switch show as if it was just slightly less patronizing (and didnt have Tom-bloody-Deacon) the format would work.

Scott Mills - Not gunna lie, got really dull for a while when Chappers left. Getting back to his normal way but show could have just something more.. all a bit too set in place. Talking until OWO at 6:20ish, Newsbeat.. talking.. entertainment news.. Zane.

Fearne Cotten - Sh!t.

Nick Grimshaw - Love Grimmy. Interaction is unparrallelled with guests and listeners. Ace.

www.twitter.com/#!/AlistairRobb93

dev - shit

chris moyles - needs to have 5 other people around him licking his arse to make him think he is funny

fearne-dont even get me started on that daft talentless bint

greg-bored before i even type

scott-lost a bit when chappers left but him and bex are coming into there own

Give sara cox a slot on daytime. the woman rocks

dev - shit

chris moyles - needs to have 5 other people around him licking his arse to make him think he is funny

fearne-dont even get me started on that daft talentless bint

greg-bored before i even type

scott-lost a bit when chappers left but him and bex are coming into there own

Give sara cox a slot on daytime. the woman rocks

I love your bluntness, but do agree with you on 5/6 points!

www.twitter.com/#!/AlistairRobb93

Here's my critique of Radio One:

There are two types of daytime DJs on Radio One - those who are Moyles and those who don't even come close to his league. Mills is a good personality but he's a light-hearted hack presenter who relies on outside material and is entertainment fluff as opposed to substance. Fearne is what everyone already sees her as. Greg is still learning but may end up suffering through the inevitable return to radio non-personality once Moyles has gone. Cox is fantastic in a secondary slot but isn't around enough to make any real impression other than missing her when she's gone. Reggie has potential but needs to find his "slant" before he is given anything meaningful. If he develops a decent team around him, he could make a solid case for drive-time when Scott is done. Grimshaw, couldn't care less about him any more; dislike is now "meh". Anyone else? If there is, who cares? Oh, Switch... which is shit to a shocking level.

Away from them, I can only say that Zane is a DJ unto himself and seems the closest to a reincarnation of John Peel that we'll ever see. Everyone else does what they do, and I assume they do it well. It's always been Radio 1's key strength and long may it continue.

But daytime is going to suffer like a bitch when Moyles is gone.

Well i've always said, when Moyles goes, I go. I started listening to Moyles about 12 years ago and I've grown up with listening to him and the team (from the old team - Lizzie, Melinda, Will to the new crop). When his time comes, I'll find my radio entertainment elsewhere. (Probably be wherever Chris ends up after R1!)

take control

Dev - People give him a hardtime. I think it's unfair. He's definately getting better, something I don't mind waking up to if I'm u that early. Got the ability to make me laigh out loud which is an added bonus, although he does lack charm and charisma but I'll put that down to nerves. It'll come with time.

Reggie Yates - He's okay, would be nice to hear more of him on weekday daytimes standing in for Dev, Greg and Scott though.

Zane Lowe - You have to respect what he's doing. And i do genuinely respect the guy, no doubt he knows and loves his music but he's not quite to my liking. I'll happily listen to him when he talks to other DJs on their shows and when he does Versus and Masterpieces, but quite frankly I'd rather listen to Mistajam on 1Xtra.

Sara Cox - One show a week isn't good enough really. It's great hearing her covering for Fearne and Scott, but she should do a Saturday slot too.

Greg James - I just don't get it. Everyone seems to love him but I think he's quite boring to be honest. His jokes seem quite forced and like with Dev I think he lacks genuine on-air charisma and personality. His features aren't that good. But as everyone else loves him I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jo Whiley - To be honest I'm not quite sure what to think when it comes to Jo.

Edith Bowman - Never listened to her old show but on weekend breakfast I think she's quite good. I'm not really into movies so I tend not to listen when James King joins her but other than that her shows an enjoyable listen.

Chris Moyles - Fantastic. Best show on Radio 1, best presenter on Radio 1. Not much else gets me up in the mornings, not much else makes me constantly laugh out loud in the mornings, I genuinely miss him when he's on holiday, I dread to think what's in store when he leaves breakfast.

Annie Mac - I love her. Great DJ, great presenter, plays great music. She's not suited for Switch but her Friday Night show is the highlight of my Fridays.

Scott Mills - Never been a fan to be honest, I'd rather listen to Westwood on R1. Everything seems a bit too scripted, rehearsed, forced and false. When he covers for Moyles he plays too much music and the links are too short in my opinion. Otherwise his show's okay, I do like listening to OWO.

Fearne Cotton - Everyone gives her a hard time, she's not that bad. Her shows not quite my liking, clearly not aimed at guys like me but I wouldn't complain if I had to listen.

Nick Grimshaw - I think he's great. Really underrated. I'm a new listener to him, didn't listen to him until he started doing weekdays from 10pm. His features are good, and I like the way he interacts with the audience. An enjoyable listen.

Huw Stephens - I like him, took a while to get use to though. I'd like to hear more of him on the daytime schedule.

Nihal - One of my favourites. I really liked his weekend shows and for me the Radio 1 Review Show is one of my favourite shows on the station! Makes me laugh, makes me smile, I'd like to hear much more of him on Radio 1.

Gilles Peterson - Fantastic. Amazing. Nothing else needs to be said.

Rob Da Bank - Really widened my musical taste. Plays a great range of music, really good show.

Ras Kwame - I think he's really good. Plays great music, loved listening to him when I worked early mornings on Sundays.

Mistajam - Again, a fantastic DJ who plays great music from a range of 'black' music genres. I predict big things for Mistajam.

Vernon Kay - I don't mind listening to his show, I don't think it's all that good though, neither do I think he's all that good. I'd rather Sara Cox, when she returns, takes over his slot so she does weekends 10am-1pm. I know there's talk of him being a contender for getting the breakfast show after Moyles, but I think he's got a short future at Radio 1.

Matt Edmondson - He's good on Fearne's show, really don't like his formatted Sunday morning 'Skive', but he was really good covering for Dev on early breakfast. I hope he gets early breakfast full time soon once Sara returns.

I would class myself as a nice, fat and not funny person..

nice, fat, not funny and isn't paid to be but that's ok because being fat is living large and nice is to funny what funny is to nice, its its own reward at the end of the night - hecklers what can you do eh?

I'm no welcome alonger.. but right I will be honest, as much as it pains me to admit it, when I first heard the flash flash game, I laughed, I thought it was funny. On the second time, I just thought the guy was a bit simple. Weeks/Months later when I found it was an ongoing feature, I was shocked. Its like its not even a microscopic nuclear bomb of comedy in a land made of feathers, populated by fluffy boy virgin DJs.

Greg James is Cliff Richard your dad? How do these people get a job at Raid Jo One??

I'm no welcome alonger.. but right I will be honest, as much as it pains me to admit it, when I first heard the flash flash game, I laughed, I thought it was funny. On the second time, I just thought the guy was a bit simple. Weeks/Months later when I found it was an ongoing feature, I was shocked. Its like its not even a microscopic nuclear bomb of comedy in a land made of feathers, populated by fluffy boy virgin DJs.

Greg James is Cliff Richard your dad? How do these people get a job at Raid Jo One??

That's what I think about OWO. It was good for the first while but now I hate it

Can't help it, have to...

Dev - keep it going mate, you're on it.

Reggie Yates - Yeah, I can get his show, probably a natural talent.

Zane Lowe - right when I was ten, I was at the fair on the waltzers and a cheesy DJ came on talking really fast. Hi Zane.

Sara Cox - Goddess is a DJ. Naturally funny, no wonder she couldn't handle Edith Boman's show features, Sara has too much personality to need the old play school 1 to 7.

Greg James - got a job as a DJ because he's a virgin. Always wears fluffy pants to protect his "jewels".

Jo Whiley - A cross between a man and a donkey. Nice feet though, just need to chop the rest off.

Edith Bowman - its like you're 3.

Chris Moyles - Sony number 1 in the Fat / Not Funny category.

Annie Mac - who even are you anymore, lovable girl next door became moron ego. ahh.

Scott Mills - God is a DJ. Naturally funny, got timing, Becky and everything.

Fearne Cotton - where to start, struggling on your own since you left the Shart Show.

Blond fluff. "Firm Bottom" suits you better. Your show is cool though because your so cheery and because its amusing how dumb you are.

Nick Grimshaw - he isn't Sara Cox but its still possible he could qualify as something. Like if he died and went to goat heaven and they thought he was ace.

You know what I was going to respond with my take on each one fo your critisisms but as you've changed the font is makes chopping your post up seem a mind boggling task, something I'm just not up to on a Sunday. So instead...

Dev - He'll get there, isn't there yet, but he will

Chris Moyles - The Saviour. Better than he's ever been, both him as a presenter and show format

Fearne Cotton - Great TV presenter, not as natural on the radio and I don't like the humour she adopts on the radio

Greg James - Funny, easy listening, and still so young. A star is blossoming

Scott Mills - Our lords unique sense of humour sets him out from the rest. A class act. His rappore with Becky has kept the show going after Chappers' retirement

Zane Lowe - His music passion is infectious. Great personality, so much content in his show. Radio 1's star of new music, long my he reign.

Edith Bowman - Talks and plays music in between. Little else, demonstrates little personality on the radio and no original features.

Sara Cox - Still a class act. Naturally funny and behind Moyles and Mills best on R1

Vernon Kay - Does a great show. Love his personality, like his sport features, a great Saturday listen

Jo Whiley - Better suited to her new slot. The road trip is a good feature, but I still think she'd be better suited to a Radio 2 show

Reggie Yates - Blossomed since Fearne left his shows. Request Show is a highlight of the week, does a great job of the chart

Matt Edmonson - An encouraging start, a little bit different. Deserves a regular slot in December

Huw Stephens - Is moving in to mainstream nicely. Sounds like a lovely guy and is fun to listen to.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ok then..

Dev- He's fine i'm non-commital i can take or leave him to be honest

Moyles- I think I've missed something because I just think he's OK I don't listen to breakfast much but heard him over big weekend and I thought he was ok.

Fearne- She gets a lot of stick and the worst is not deserved but she is not great

Greg- I really like Greg he seems like a really nice person and he is a really good dj I love listening to feet up friday espiecally

Mills- My favourite dj he is brilliant and I love listening to his show. I only heard Chappers for less than a month so I haven't really noticed his departure but I love the Scott-Beccy Partnership

Zane- Whenever Scott finishes and Zane arrives I can bare to listen to him and he is very passionate and I love the versus but there is always the concern that he is about to induce a headache.

Huw- I think Huw is brilliant and I enjoyed listening to him when he covered for Greg and I really want to hear him more on Daytime.

Nihal- I love listening to the review show and is one of my favourites on Radio 1 and he is a great host.

Edith- Non Commital again I don't listen to her much and I only catch snippets which are fine if a bit dull if i am honest i'm more likely to listen if 1xtra Max or Andy George + Jaymo are covering.

Vernon-Don't like his show and refused to listen when he covered for Scott, just no.

Coxy- Brilliant, I love listening to Coxy she always delievers a great show and I'd always be listening to my radio on sundays at 10.00 when she was on.

Matt Edmonson- He started off ok and I have heard a lot of his shows he is no comparison to coxy but he is improving rapidly, sometimes his links seems forced but I prefer him to vernon but beccy is on that show but he never talks to her, talk about missing an oppurtunity!

Jo- I didn't like Jo but now I love listening to her show at the weekend and I think she has brilliant features, I love the Saturday Live Lounges and the Road-Trip is quite nice, I think she is an asset to the station and they should keep her for as long as possible.

Reggie-I think he is good and I like listening to the chart show and think he is a good host, don't understand why he never covers greg in daytime.

Deacon-I try not to listen but I have heard bits and I dissaprove do not like his show, if he is the future of radio one I'm not happy.