Unofficial Mills

Not a happy bunny

Nikki

I got the Dutch for 'dwarf' mixed up with 'giant' when buying a pet rabbit today for my children. He weighs 2 kilos already and he's only ten weeks old. He may reach eleven kilos. I was only hoping for a small rabbit but he is a cutie. This is what I'll now end up with:

post-5399-145327881152_thumb.jpg

Apparently you can profitably breed them for meat. There's a man in Germany who does that. I read about it somewhere recently.

I doubt your children would like that though. Still, it might not be so susceptible to predators, it could fight for itself.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

You might need this chap...

bunny-682_1024617a.jpg

A HYPNOTIST is hopping to expand his line in bunny trances as the nation's only RABBIT whisperer.

Talented Cliff Penrose has a special technique he uses to put them to sleep in seconds and cure them of behavioural problems.

It involves massaging the rabbits on special parts of their bodies including the belly.

Then he bows before them so they don't feel threatened before closing their eyelids.

The bunnies become so relaxed they end up on their backs with their legs sticking in the air.

Cliff, 60, said: "The creature is unable to move, in a trance like state, sometimes for up to ten minutes.

"You have to be confident when holding the animals. If you are scared or nervous or stressed then the rabbit will sense that - they are extremely intelligent."

Vets frequently ask Cliff, from Cornwall, to work his magic so it's easier to examine the animals — and they often live longer as a result.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2932315/UKs-first-rabbit-whisperer.html#ixzz0lAxt8TfC