Unofficial Mills

Did You Win The 2010 Grand National?

Viv

Guest PineapplesLikeAarons
Some keyboards or mobile PCs that don't have the PRINT SCREEN button might use other keyboard combinations, such as FN+INSERT, to take a screen capture. Check the information that came with your computer or the manufacturer's website for more information.

I will google it :/

Where's FN & INSERT??

Back on topic.

I lost £4 on the National yesterday. One of my horses simply stood there, and couldn't even be bothered to start the race, the other refused at the last fence.

Chose the 2 mardiest horses. Boyf joked that maybe this reflects on my personality. Should I deck him?

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

you have a lot running on your toolbar (by the clock), all that can slow down your computer.

as for when i do a screengrab, i just press 'prt scrn' and chop whatever i want out of it in paint.

I dunno how to get rid of all that :/ ?

Yeahh, I was just testing it at the time ;)

If I was them horses in the Grand National I wouldn't jump any of those fences, they are massive. Every year horses die on that stupid course, 3 of them this year.

3 horses died? OMG! Really? OMGOMGOMG! That's bad :'( :crying: :'(

If I was them horses in the Grand National I wouldn't jump any of those fences, they are massive. Every year horses die on that stupid course, 3 of them this year. 2 of them over the Valentine's fence.

i don't like it when they put them down :(

what are your feelings on racing in general being a horse owner yourself ?

:)

You'd think that by being dragged to various race meets across the country ever since I was born you'd think I'd be able to actually have a winner, wouldn't you? Alas, I got nothing this year again. I placed a bet on Tricky Trickster - it did finish 9th out of the 14 that finished so that wasn't tooo bad. Pleased for Tony McCoy though :)

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Not a huge fan, I've been to see the racing at Uttoxter and once at Aintree but wouldn't watch it regulary. They start riding them too soon really, normally a horse wouldn't be ridden until it was at least 4 but they race them as young as 1 now when they aren't developed properly.

They are treated well at the stables but I think they should wait a while longer before riding them and maybe make Aintree's fences a but smaller too. You're always going to get casualties but at least 3 are at the Grand National festival every year.

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

My horse came second. I loved that it was first for 29 fences - you can't beat that sort of adrenalin when watching the race! I feel sorry for the one that couldn't be arsed at the start though. It must be so gutting for the jockey and punters.

It's awful seeing them fall over though. But I don't suppose a few people not putting on a punt will make a significant impact to stopping it, so it's something I join in with each year.

Did You Win The 2010 Grand National?

Do we have any professional jockeys on this site? :P

I didn't bet or watch it. I've never placed a bet in my life. Maybe I should add it to my list of things to try some time.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Not to mention she is clearly using an illegal peer 2 peer sharing program which can lead do prosecution :P

Ahhh.... Urm... About that.. I don't know what you're talking about?

My horse came second. I loved that it was first for 29 fences - you can't beat that sort of adrenalin when watching the race! I feel sorry for the one that couldn't be arsed at the start though. It must be so gutting for the jockey and punters.

that horse was :giggle: the way it just stood there & looked on as the others ran off, punters won't mind as it was a none runner so you would get your money back.

:)

Do we have any professional jockeys on this site? :P

I didn't bet or watch it. I've never placed a bet in my life. Maybe I should add it to my list of things to try some time.

My cousin's friend was jockeying at Aintree this weekend - not entirely sure if it was in the National though. It could have been him, had he not got involved with drugs and lost all interest in jockeying.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

I was referring to the Application Limewire which appears in your screen grab.

Not only illegal, but a gateway for viruses to just waltz onto your PC, and hackers to take ANYTHING off it. If I'm repairing someones PC, I remove it as a Viral hazard (and then sneakily replace it with a much safer Peer-2-Peer app which is legal =])

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

Not only illegal, but a gateway for viruses to just waltz onto your PC, and hackers to take ANYTHING off it. If I'm repairing someones PC, I remove it as a Viral hazard (and then sneakily replace it with a much safer Peer-2-Peer app which is legal =])

Ah, well it's free..

God, how did I live before it? It has totally changed me as a person :L Music is actually my life!