Unofficial Mills

Twitter And Scott

Viv

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with all of the above. Being surrounded by fat, ugly (mainly because of their ignorance and rudeness) people does tend to get on your tits sometimes, and I think you should be allowed to express this.

Very ugly chap cut us up today, and almost crashed into our car. We hooted. He stopped his car, got out and came over. Hastily locked doors, but fortunately the stupid git only wanted to talk to us in the middle of a very busy main road, as opposed to thump anyone.

Mind you, having said that, there are plenty of very nice looking, pleasant people in Leeds too.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

This is the Tweet from Scott that made me decide I no longer want to follow him:

"I'm not a shallow person, but this Airport is full of the ugliest people I have ever seen in one place"

Yep, stuff like that bugs me as well. That's why I first created this topic. And it does indicate shallowness, in fact. That's why I tweeted him the other week to say he was looks-obsessed, because my head was fizzing because of him. Of course, London is a looks-based town, and Scott's fallen into that trap of being in the vacuous media spotlight, where only your next performance matters, so image becomes ultra important.

These days, we all need to go round looking like Mr/Miss World, to be considered OK in Society. Maybe a lot of these people at the Airport had been travelling for some time, and were bloody shattered.

I've often thought random people in the street aren't very nice, but an ENTIRE airport full of ugly people....... ????

*rant over * woo - and breathe......... count to ten... and breathe...

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

what is so good about Twitter? I'm thinking about creating an account, but I'm not sure yet. What are the advantages of having Twitter?

Just instant updates from friends, or means of finding stuff out about the radio/tv very quickly.

Or getting the news updates very fast. I didn't like it at first, but now I love it..

But...it's his twitter? He kind of gets to say what he wants on it, like the rest of us do? I don't quite get why anyone would be annoyed enough by his tweets to moan about them, or @reply him to complain. I mean, there's a button that says 'unfollow' right there on his page. It's not all that difficult to point the mouse at it and click.

But...it's his twitter? He kind of gets to say what he wants on it, like the rest of us do? I don't quite get why anyone would be annoyed enough by his tweets to moan about them, or @reply him to complain. I mean, there's a button that says 'unfollow' right there on his page. It's not all that difficult to point the mouse at it and click.

Kelly bringing some much needed common sense to procedings. Quite how anyone can get worked up over Twitter is beyond me.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Exactly. I've had the odd complaint about Tweets because I took part in one of those hashtag games and ORDERING me to stop those tweets, I told said people they don't have to follow and was still given a rather aggressive and militant reply (and by DM too).

If you don't like, don't follow, rather simple answer there, if that crap carries on, I save them the trouble of ever having to read my tweets by blocking, if it's so harrowing for them. :rolleyes:

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

You are both right, Kelly and Horseyboy. You can choose to unfollow people. So why make such a song and dance about Scott's personal opinions?

You can also easily skim through Twitter and ignore certain tweets if the avatar is a prominent one. I do this when Formula 1 is on.;)

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

This is another reason I like Tweetdeck, you can filter tweets so you don't have to read things to do with certain tags or subjects. I for instance will be filtering any #worldcup or #comeonengland tweets as well as any about #bigbrother rather than moaning at the people tweeting about these things. Wish I could do that for threads on Forums too :P as whatever the medium I have zero interest in either subject mentioned above.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

They have got much funnier, which is a good thing, and he is remembering to do mentions for Show stuff coming up, which is good (the way Jono did).

The "shallow" stuff is a thing which a number of people I have spoken to have been annoyed by.. Take that away, and he'd be really cool. I just don't want to be lying in my bed, trying to sleep, and have a tweet put through to my phone about how ugly people are in airports.

Yeh, we could unfollow.... I've considered that, but then, I'd miss out on stuff I can turn into topics. If I can get a topic out of something, then I suppose his tweeting is more positive than negative at the end of the day. Woo.

Still love him though!! I guess we all have something people could complain about on twitter!! :-)

You are both right, Kelly and Horseyboy. You can choose to unfollow people. So why make such a song and dance about Scott's personal opinions?

It's good to feel something!! Emotion proves we are alive!!

Anyhow (puts logical cap on).... this topic will probably have a positive effect on the number of people who follow.... people are curious creatures, and will no doubt follow now to see what all the "fuss" is about.

Every cloud.......

Yes, it's important, but there's a fine line between grooming and being just a little obsessed. But then, the Society we live in is sooo vacuous that this stuff does become over-important.

Anyhow, I must continue with my uber busy life. Bye for now!!

*bring back the 80s* :hahaha:

I think what I am trying to say is certain things just can't be bought .... can you buy this tree, just as an example:-

picture.php?albumid=196&pictureid=1892

I just get fed up with people zoning in on looks, or who is wearing what, and why ..... and it's never enough really, is it..... I mean, even if we were all perfect (physically and materially), someone would find something wrong with it.

I do too, but to sit in an office (depending on where you are), and listen to drivel all day (and I've done it).... is a different matter. 10 minutes, or so, yep.... 9 am to 5 pm... bleuch.

Anyhow, I've said it before (several times now), Scott has more positive characteristics than negatives, so at the end of the day, it's all good.

to each his/her own... this topic is boring me now.