• None of the Above
    • Not Voting

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They said at the start that the first half was foreign affairs and the second half was free debate.

Ah ok. Missed that.

Polls latest... seemingly, polls around the county show that Clegg is winning this again, except for Sky News polls themselves...

take control

except for Sky News polls themselves...

And The Sun poll...though I am sure there is no connection there at all...hm.

--------------

The real poll comes from the Slapometer where Cameron got over half of all slaps during the debate.

Does this video remind you of anything you may have seen recently?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YOh-rpvjYg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YOh-rpvjYg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Y4Ar5.png

not bad, i thought it was very good tonight.

have to go for Clegg again, Cam was a little closer & Brown was not to far behind either, they (Cam & Brown) seem to have under-estimated these debates i think & were shocked after the first one that the public went for Clegg, i will say that if i was a floating voter i would have moved from the Tories to Lib-Dem after seeing these two debates.

all the other issues i have had with the Lib-Dems have near-enough been ironed out, i'm not to sure on their energy policy though, i think we (UK) should have more nuclear power-stations, something like;

nuclear 60%

20%* coal, oil, gas

20%* wind, solar, wave, geo-thermal & other green ones

*= over time the green ones should take over from coal/oil/gas.

@Viv, what do you mean you are getting bored with it already ?

:)

Today our maths lesson descended into political chaos. We're doing a mock election, where people are representing the different parties and on May 7th we're going to vote. So in the lesson, someone wanted to put forward their views on the SWP at the front. Maths is basically a free for all anyway, since we finished all the work weeks ago. In retaliation, next up was a guy promoting the Liberal Democrats. Our teacher then said she'd be voting Conservative, and everyone went into uproar, so the Lib Dem guy went out of the room to grab the great english teacher to back him up, who made a speech, just before the bell went. This is only the start!

lol I'm sure teachers aren't supposed to be telling you who they vote for:D It is a really exciting election because it's so close and the TV debates have just added an extra spice and dimension. I think there are good arguments for and agains having them but I'm sure they'll increase turnout which overall is a good thing. Also because you said it's a maths lesson just thought I'd point out the election is on May 6th;)

As for the debate I thought Brown did well in the first half but completely fell apart when he realised his attack on the tories not giving pensioners free eye tests was unfounded - small things make a big difference. The liberals lack of policy is quite worrying. Thought Cameron did quite well, but overall no clear winner.

Labour again said Cameron is failling on style which is a bit embarrassing given that in the polls he's overtaken Brown and if that's not through style then it must be through substance.

Anyone who is going to vote BNP should listen to this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...an_23_04_2010/

1:43 in, interview with the BNP spokesman. They're going to give grants for people to 'go home' but they don't know how much it costs, they are going to raise the inheritance tax threshold to £1million but don't know even know what it is at the moment and he didn't even know when the election was...or what a Freudian slip was. The BNP have no idea about politics if it's not about immigration.

As slimy, dishonest, corrup etc. as the major parties are, I know who I'd rather have in charge, even if I was a racist.

there may not be a third tv debate

The Scottish National Party (SNP) aims to raise £50,000 to proceed with legal action over the prime ministerial debate on BBC 1 on Thursday.

The party said it was not trying to stop the broadcast but it wanted an SNP politician included "for balance".

Plaid Cymru said it supported the SNP's stance but would not take part in joint action due to separate legal systems.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8642550.stm

:rolleyes:

from what i have heard after the tv debates we have with the three main parties there are separate ones in Scotland & Wales where SNP & Plaid Cymru are represented, surly if the SNP & Plaid Cymru are allowed to take part in these TV debates shouldn't the Green's, UKIP, BNP, DUP, Sinn Fein, Respect & the Monster Raving Loony party etc also be allowed to take part ?

:)

from what i have heard after the tv debates we have with the three main parties there are separate ones in Scotland & Wales where SNP & Plaid Cymru are represented, surly if the SNP & Plaid Cymru are allowed to take part in these TV debates shouldn't the Green's, UKIP, BNP, DUP, Sinn Fein, Respect & the Monster Raving Loony party etc also be allowed to take part ?

SNP and Plaid have a significant amount of seats in Scotland/Wales. Sinn Fein also have members elected but refuse to pledge alliegance to the monarch so don't sit in Parliament. The point being that SNP and Plaid have a more legitimate claim to being represented in these debates, whereas UKIP and the BNP have no MPs and have as of yet never threatened to do so.

This is completely embarrasing for SNP and Plaid. Don't get me wrong I've got alot of time for these parties and I'd probably vote for them if I lived in Scotland or Wales BUT these are Prime Ministerial Debates. Elfyn Llwyd or Alex Salmond cannot become Prime Minister. They've had debates in Scotland and Wales with the main parties there so I don't see what they are complaining about. Someone from the SNP was complaining that Scotland wasn't mentioned in the last debate - well surely that's to their advantage because it means the Scots are more likely to vote SNP.

My summary so far, Nick Clegg is certainly winning the personality battle. But from reading the three main parties manifestos and not paying too much attention to the polls or what the media wants to tell me, Conservatives are slightly leading my vote closely followed by the Lib Dems.

I'm slightly disappointed by the debates. Ok, they're a good start but I wish that they allowed interaction between the public and the leaders like the Question Time format. Without the publics input, they do look very scripted.

Still, I think that on May 7th there will be a hung parliament. Despite not being a Labour supporter, I have a lot of respect for Gordon Brown. He seems to be the most honest man out of the three leaders who's more interested in policy than publicity. To me, that's what politics should be.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKFTtYx2OHc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKFTtYx2OHc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

take control

i'm thinking of going down to my council house center thing where they announce the results on the the night :D

i'm not going to be happy if the Lib-Dem MP doesn't stay in :x

I'm going to be doing an all-nighter. BBC Election Night coverage for me, then after I grab some sleep I'll watch Channel 4's Alternative Election Night which I'll record. :)

Then I'll grab a bit of sleep before I'm off to work. Not quite sure if work will fit into my plans but I'll worry about that closer to the time.. :confused:

I live in a safe Conservative seat, one of a few in London that remained blue after the 1997 election. So I guess my vote doesn't count for much as I certainly won't be voting Conservatives myself, but I still can't decide between Labour and the Lib Dems.