Unofficial Mills

Greg James - Bloody well done

The Stig

I have to say I'm loving Greg James' show at the minute. Some well done's all round. Well done to Radio 1 for spotting such an obvious talent, and well done for moving Greg in to this slot and replacing the previous occupant. For me, which the owner of the 10 - 1 slot has still not found her feet, Greg is doing a great show.

At first I was a bit worried he'd lost his early breakfast humour and spark. But he's gradually settled in to the slot and played it perfectly, starting out playing it cool so to not put anyone off, and gradually bringing in the Greg James humour we grew to love on Early Breakfast. He had me in stitches today with his shouting in the office. Great sense for music, great communicating to the listeners, great features, and at times a very funny show. Greg has injected a new lease of life in to Radio 1 daytimes, a lease of life it desperately needed. Greg James isn't a star of the future, he's a star of now.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

have to disagree sorry, (not wanting to get into yet another argument :rolleyes: though)

agree with you that Fearne hasn't fully found her feet yet, but Greg comes across as a generic dj to me;

disc jockey also disk jockey

n.

An announcer who presents and comments on popular recorded music, especially on the radio; a DJ.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/disc+jockey

maybe it's a age thing.

:)

maybe it's a age thing.

An...

Yeah got to agree with The Stig. He epitomises what Radio 1 needed at the time. He has really made that show his own. He is entertaining and the listener can relate to him.

Without reading any further responses to this topic, I could tell that Alan would have had an issue with it. Sure its personal opinion and not bitter jealousy because the slot once belong to Edith? You decide...

take control

To me, (16 year old boy, an age group radio 1 seem dead set on holding) Greg James currently is still too close to local radio for my liking. His features, if you take of your rose-tinted glasses, are really quite dull and lacking comic value. Throwing a coin into a cup is not laugh-out-loud material, let alone on a radio?

I'll give him one thing: he seems keen. Popping up on other presenters shows and the like is quite good for the listener, gives you a feel of how they all get along etc, and he has undoubtedly a lot more talent than Fearne Cotton. However, it's just easy listening: i can easily revise while listening, but if i was to try during Moyles, Mills, Jo, Zane or Nick Grimshaw it would just be too distracting!

www.twitter.com/#!/AlistairRobb93

T i can easily revise while listening, but if i was to try during Moyles, Mills, Jo, Zane or Nick Grimshaw it would just be too distracting!

It's a daytime music show. The focus is on the music, not the presenter. Moyles and Mills are entertainment shows. Nick Grimshaw and Zane play brand new music and talk to death about it, because that's what the show is for.

You can easily revise to fearne, edith, jo wiley, reggie, etc - because that's the kind of show they're at. They don't require full attention because of what they're saying.

It's a daytime music show. The focus is on the music, not the presenter. Moyles and Mills are entertainment shows. Nick Grimshaw and Zane play brand new music and talk to death about it, because that's what the show is for.

You can easily revise to fearne, edith, jo wiley, reggie, etc - because that's the kind of show they're at. They don't require full attention because of what they're saying.

Thanks for reinforcing what i was saying: Greg James is not entertaining. At international level (Radio 1 has to be the biggest station in the world, right?) he is just not good enough.

www.twitter.com/#!/AlistairRobb93

No, the point is more that the timeslot dictates that sort of show. Breakfast and drivetime are more feature based while between 10 and 4 everyone is at work so you need a more relaxed sort of show. I personally think Greg does that quite seemlessly.

I have to say I'm loving Greg James' show at the minute. Some well done's all round. Well done to Radio 1 for spotting such an obvious talent, and well done for moving Greg in to this slot and replacing the previous occupant. For me, which the owner of the 10 - 1 slot has still not found her feet, Greg is doing a great show.

At first I was a bit worried he'd lost his early breakfast humour and spark. But he's gradually settled in to the slot and played it perfectly, starting out playing it cool so to not put anyone off, and gradually bringing in the Greg James humour we grew to love on Early Breakfast. He had me in stitches today with his shouting in the office. Great sense for music, great communicating to the listeners, great features, and at times a very funny show. Greg has injected a new lease of life in to Radio 1 daytimes, a lease of life it desperately needed. Greg James isn't a star of the future, he's a star of now.

I agree with everything you just said.

Guest inxces4308
Thanks for reinforcing what i was saying: Greg James is not entertaining. At international level (Radio 1 has to be the biggest station in the world, right?) he is just not good enough.

Radio 1 may broadcast internationally but its not an international station at heart. It's remit is UK and under its BBC licence its also UK. Thats what we pay for with the TV licence, etc.

Greg is a great presenter, and fits the slot perfectly I think.

He relates well to the UK audience, which is exactly what he and Radio 1 is there to do.

Not to please every other country.

I also completely agree, I was sceptical at first but hes growing on me. All I can say is that I'd rather listen to him than Fearne Cotton. She makes me want to move over to Heart Bristol...

To me, (16 year old boy, an age group radio 1 seem dead set on holding) Greg James currently is still too close to local radio for my liking. His features, if you take of your rose-tinted glasses, are really quite dull and lacking comic value. Throwing a coin into a cup is not laugh-out-loud material, let alone on a radio?

I'll give him one thing: he seems keen. Popping up on other presenters shows and the like is quite good for the listener, gives you a feel of how they all get along etc, and he has undoubtedly a lot more talent than Fearne Cotton. However, it's just easy listening: i can easily revise while listening, but if i was to try during Moyles, Mills, Jo, Zane or Nick Grimshaw it would just be too distracting!

I agree with some of what your saying some of his stuff is pretty bland although more of it's entertaining than isn't and I think he's one of the top 5 DJ's at radio one. I don't think he can use the time excuse though because he's just the same when he covers for Scott.

No need to the swearing in the title.

However, I agree. Greg is coming on by leaps and bounds.... !!

Says the person who made the thread "Wank off with The Surgery". I don't think the thread title has offended anyone has it? If it has I'll change it. Unless it's just you of course then I won't bother.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Guest PineapplesLikeAarons

Greg James is the closest thing to Scott, I reckon! He sounds almost like Scott and I agree, Greg is one of my favourite DJs, along with Matt Edmondson & Reggie Yates, but nobody even comes close to Scott!!