Unofficial Mills

The Moyles Late Debate

The Stig

Right I notice Chris was late this morning. Now I find it quite funny when Chris is late and don't mind it too much. It happens very rarely, and he has less un planned days off than most R1 DJ's, but from looking on CM.Net it seems it gets on a few of their nerves. What are your opinions on it?

My only complaint about it is I'd rather Dave and Aled take charge of the link and have a chat with the team rather than Chris on the phone. I don't know what it is but Chris just being on the phone irritates me a bit. Your thoughts?

ChrisHewgill.jpg

That reminds me, anyone know where I can get refined uranium235 cheaply?

I don't really care what they do when he's late, although I am sure Dave, Dom et al could manage a link on their own, it's not the same as when Scott's late for his show and the previous presenter has to do the fill-in job.

Also the 'lateness' this morning was a little predictable. I didn't even hear that part of the show but given the date it was obvious that is what would happen and be passed off for all of about 30 mins as 'real'

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

I think they should sack him! :D Haaa, nooo but it does happen a little too often i feel! And does anyone know why the show starts at 6:30? :)

Well it used to start at seven but they moved it back I think just because they felt a lot of people were getting up before the breakfast show started.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

I dont think it does much harm though would prefer Dave to cover rather than a phone link. However have never known him to have an "ill day" compared to Scott, Edith etc

Exactly. He's quite comfortably the best for not having days off, just gets the most holiday (if you see what I mean!). I can only remember him booking two days off since he started, the one where JK and Joel covered and the one where Vernon covered. I also seem to remember them starting late once and Fearne and Reggie covering, or am I making that up?

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Exactly. He's quite comfortably the best for not having days off, just gets the most holiday (if you see what I mean!). I can only remember him booking two days off since he started, the one where JK and Joel covered and the one where Vernon covered. I also seem to remember them starting late once and Fearne and Reggie covering, or am I making that up?

Ah yeah the only reason JK and Joel covered was Leeds had reached the play-off final and Chris as he thourght had booked the day off but thier was a breakdown in comunication between him and Rachel and she did not know he booked the day off. I think Dave and the team did the first hour of that show before JK and Joel came in around the 8.00 news when it was clear Chris was not showing up that day. To be fair to Chris he has covered for the show after him a few times at least twice that I can remember on the Friday of Glastonbury 05 when Jo studio at Glastonbury got flooded and when Coxy was covering for Jo one day in 08 when she was ill he did a five and a half hour show.

Please don't turn the thread in to a CM.Net slag off. If we need to have petty arguments we can do that with Alan and Viv, we don't need to bother bringing them in to it.

Oi !

if Moyles is late then he is late, wasn't his fault anyway.

i agree that it would be better if they didn't have Moyles on the phone, seems pointless & gives the impression that they lack ideas.

:)

Seeing as he never has days off unplanned I think he should be cut some slack.

Agreed, plus he's the first to offer to stay on as he has done several times in the 10:00 - 1:00 slot as he has done on a couple of occasions, as this chap says.

Ah yeah the only reason JK and Joel covered was Leeds had reached the play-off final and Chris as he thourght had booked the day off but thier was a breakdown in comunication between him and Rachel and she did not know he booked the day off. I think Dave and the team did the first hour of that show before JK and Joel came in around the 8.00 news when it was clear Chris was not showing up that day. To be fair to Chris he has covered for the show after him a few times at least twice that I can remember on the Friday of Glastonbury 05 when Jo studio at Glastonbury got flooded and when Coxy was covering for Jo one day in 08 when she was ill he did a five and a half hour show.

I actually think that was a publicity stunt, rather than a breakdown in communication, though I could be wrong. They continued to play on the whole "Chris should be here" thing until about 8, then it was just The CM Show with JK and Joel.

ChrisHewgill.jpg