Unofficial Mills

Lady Gaga : What Do You Really Think??

Viv

I was reading some very interesting comments on the Gaga by Richard Bacon yesterday...

One of his comments is the fact that Gaga often says "Be yourself", yet he says she is actually one of the most unrevealing people in pop, hidden behind her masks.

What do you think?? Love her? Hate her??

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

it was probably really awful, that's why.

I'll second that.

I think the sooner Gaga disappears the better. I hoped after Just Dance, and Poke Her Face that would be the back of her but sadly we still have her churning out highly irritating music. I wish the "gaga" element would disappear, a bit of oddness is ok and in some respects it can draw peoples attention, but Gaga just takes it far too far, going out her way to be OTT now I think

Not impressed with censorship

She's a really talented musician.

I like her and her music.

i don't really care if she makes tracks or not. she'll be here today and gone tommorow like most pop stars.

I think you're wrong there, average "pop stars" don't sell 10 million albums, to sell 10 million albums is quite something - to sell 10 million in a age where most people download music illegally is some feat.

I think there's a good chance that she's going to be the Madonna of our time.

One of his comments is the fact that Gaga often says "Be yourself", yet he says she is actually one of the most unrevealing people in pop, hidden behind her masks.

I think you're wrong there too. In interviews she's done (for example Jonathan Ross) she's been revealing, I think she's being herself - she's letting her personality reflect in her outfits and music.

How much more information do you want to know about her? Just because someone is talented doesn't mean everyone deserves to automatically know every little detail about that person.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btw_K6wKJzA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btw_K6wKJzA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Attunement.png

that wasn't a touch of record industry "oh we're suffering so bad because of illegal downloading *rakes in cash from the likes of XFactor and make millions of sales*" propaganda there, was it? :P

and if that's her 'real personality' reflecting in her outfits and the stupid attention-seeking crap she does, that just drives me away from bothering to listen to her 'music' (feels slightly wrong to call it that) really.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

and if that's her 'real personality' reflecting in her outfits and the stupid attention-seeking crap she does, that just drives me away from bothering to listen to her 'music' (feels slightly wrong to call it that) really.

You should judge a musician based on the music they produce, not the clothes that they wear.

Attunement.png

You should judge a musician based on the music they produce, not the clothes that they wear.

Actually I prefer to judge on ALL elements, COMBINED...

I was commenting about that statement on her 'real personality' that you mentioned and the fact you seem to believe she is 'being herself', not commenting on the music there, although I don't like that either...

I'm sick of hearing Telephone and Poker Face, sadly the outfits are louder than the music.. and even worse, so don't assume I'm basing judgement solely on the attention-whoring. :rolleyes:

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

i like her, her music is amazing, fun and nothing to serious. if you dont like her then just ignore her, she's doing nothing wrong or bad. its probably similar to how madonna started out years ago

Cant stand Madonna. Cant stand Gaga.

She just seeks so much attention. Her outfits are awful. Her music is awful. I don't know anything about her personal life. But Gaga, in the sense of her music and fashion... i hate it.

Kitty <3

- They should not include text talk or typos. By doing so your posts may be removed.

Yeah I feel old too Danni. I remember the first post I made on the first ever forum I visited:

"R ther Any Nu rides comin soon?" On TowersTimes. Oh the days gone bye...

I don't LOVE Gaga I must admit. There a few of her songs I'm pretty addicted too =]

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

Guest PineapplesLikeAarons
Despite widely varied music tastes (from pop to heavy metal etc) most if not all of my group of friends really like Lady Gaga. It's quite funny :hahaha:

One of my best mates is emo... even she likes Lady GaGa!!!