Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 running out of staff?

Jono

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grimmy sometimes covers daytime shows, but not alot cos he's off loads as well...

He's not off that much to be fair, but a national station the size of Radio 1 should not be having its presenters presenting 2 shows a day. Grimmy theoretically shouldn't be covering a show on Monday - Thursday or Sunday.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

why would Jo and Edith go back and cover for daytime shows? Surely thats a bit too much to ask of them.

But it does leave daytime cover very thin, and not necessarily a good advert for the station.

A point proved by the fact that Dev is in for Greg James for 1 week from 15th March. Presumably someone from 1Xtra will cover the Early Breakfast Show.

A point proved by the fact that Dev is in for Greg James for 1 week from 15th March. Presumably someone from 1Xtra will cover the Early Breakfast Show.

Is he because according to the Radio Times Greg is still in as normal as is Dev

james_ryder.png

Presumably someone from 1Xtra will cover the Early Breakfast Show.

I stand corrected on this matter - Matt Edmondson is used as cover (after not doing a show since he joined, he gets 6 in 6 days)

Matt Edmondson sits in for Dev with the best new and UK music.

I'm surprised Nihal isnt covering much these days. I know he only does a few hours a week for the station now but some of us quite liked him when he was doing more.

Was the day in question when both Greg and Scott were off not a bit of a once in a blue moon situation anyway?

Does anyone know the answer to this question regarding cover..

Suppose Chris is off ill or for personal reasons at exceptionally short notice, what would happen then? I'm intrigued because we've had Vern cover for him, and an excellent job of covering he does, but Scott and co are the replacements for holidays so would it be the same for the likes of illness? or would we have, as I believe we've had on times where he's been late, Dave fronting the show with either Rachael or Aled driving the desk?

I really enjoy listening to Huw covering for Scott but I'm not a fan of Dev. He seems like a nice enough guy but I find his shows a bit flat.

He's a nice guy and he really does seem to try his best, but unfortunately his shows can be a bit flat at times, although I find this is the case with the other 1 Xtra presenters I've heard on R1 (max, twin b, ronnie herrel) doing that particular show

Not impressed with censorship

Edith was covering for Grimmy last night and said she will be covering for him for a fortnight in April.

Its like something out of Alice in wonderland...totally random and illogical, Edith leaves daytime to go to weekends, then covers evenings so Grimmy can cover for daytime...And Dev pops up in the afternoon, sounding totally amateur and inexperinced!

To be fair, its way too early to bring back Bowman (or Whiley) to the weekday schedule for cover and i think even if its not a little bit akward, it might confuse some listeners who don't know the Radio 1 weekday lineup as well as others.

Not that there going to want to go back to their old show times which is why Edith covers for Nick when he is brought into the daylight...

''is Dave1 the real Dave ? '' E*F*4*L

à thought Dick and Dom were better - Annoying and crude on TV but quite entertaining on the radio. Shame they had to leave. Drugs, wasn't it?

I also enjoyed Dick and Dom, but no they didn't leave because of drugs! The story in the papers was a minor one, Dick took drugs in his youth but has long been clean. According to them they left due to increasing television commitments, that didn't quite add up for me though.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

. According to them they left due to increasing television commitments, that didn't quite add up for me though.

and let me guess... they haven't been seen on TV since, even though BBC seemed to be grooming them to become the new Ant and Dec... amIrightamI?

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...