Unofficial Mills

The Exams Thread

Jono

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did actually wake up this morning wondering why people panic so much over GCSEs. I think the further up the ladder you go, the less significant previous exams seem. But they're still a test of your education and how smart you are, so I can see why people care a lot.

I agree. I went with my sister to get hers this morning, and it was slightly funny to watch from the other side. Every time someone walked out of the door, they all ran to see what they had. It was sweet, yet hilarious.

Yeah, A levels are not as fun, especially if you have to resit some exams next year on top of your A2 studies, its going to be er interesting for me anyway. Make the most of your Summer and work hard, play hard from September! x

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Congratulations to everyone, you all did really well.

I think the difficult thing about GCSEs is not that they are particularly hard compared to AS and A2 levels, but that you have to do subjects that you don't like and aren't good at. It does get easier.

Oh and the difference between an A grade and an A* is a small one in terms of marks and achievement, the subjects I got A*s in were generally not the ones I continued with and were unexpected whereas the subjects I was expected to get A*s I didn't. What I'm saying is, I got an A in Geography GCSE rather than an A* and I'm now doing a degree in it so it makes no real difference.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'