John's Movie Club

John

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The worst film ive ever seen is Vanilla Sky. It scares me to think i wasted 2 and a half hours of my life on that condensed pile of garbage.

Yeah, the only bit I liked was the opening scene. The first scene is brilliant. Playing Everything In Its Right Place by Radiohead and the bit where he's having the dream. The rest of it was tedious and made no sense.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

It's on Film4 apparently, that's what the advert on 4 just said. I'd have a look if I knew which channel that was. My parents have it on VHS and I watched half of it once but never finished it. I have the soundtrack though - got it for 99p last week, and it's great.

I remember as a kid not understanding why I wasn't allowed to watch Trainspotting, because I thought it was about trains.

I think I thought it was about Trains. How wrong can anyone be. Probably the best cult movie of the 90's

"Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f***ing big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire/purchase in a range of f***ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the f**k you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game-shows, stuffing f***ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f***ed-up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life."

take control

I think I thought it was about Trains. How wrong can anyone be. Probably the best cult movie of the 90's

"Choose life......

I have that poster somewhere! lol, I thought I was so cool when I got it (I was about 16!!) lol

It is a great film but it's not very good for Scottish people since lots of people now thing we are all like that!!! lol

glitzy.jpg

Was last night the first time you'd seen it John?

I can't count the times I've seen it. We even watched it at school once.

Was last night the first time you'd seen it John?

I can't count the times I've seen it. We even watched it at school once.

Christ no. I think I saw it 2 years after it'd been released. I dont think a year has gone by since that time when I havent seen it! I was just saying that before I had seen the film, I'd have thought it was just that. I was a very naive teenager!

take control

My dad was a bit of a train enthusiast, so there were a number of videos about actual trains lying around, so when one turned up called "Trainspotting", I couldn't understand why it was an 18 (I was about 7 or 8 at the time, so forgive my naivety).

Does anyone remember that clip on the beginning of videos where the guy buys the pirated video of Trainspotting from the dodgy market stall and tries to take it back? And he says "it didn't make any sense" and the guy says "Trainspotting? I'm not surprised mate". A classic memory from my youth....

I can't find the original video, but a parody of it is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdzD97AKxy0

Does anyone remember that clip on the beginning of videos where the guy buys the pirated video of Trainspotting from the dodgy market stall and tries to take it back? And he says "it didn't make any sense" and the guy says "Trainspotting? I'm not surprised mate". A classic memory from my youth....

I can't find the original video, but a parody of it is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdzD97AKxy0

I remember that! I saw it actually just a couple of weeks ago!

take control

This Monday on Channel 4 at 9pm, you can see Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. A film that is so beautifully made and acted. It stars Jim Carrey in probably his best role and Kate Winslett. With support from Elijah Wood and Kirsten Dunst (who is gorgeous)

take control

This Monday on Channel 4 at 9pm, you can see Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. A film that is so beautifully made and acted. It stars Jim Carrey in probably his best role and Kate Winslett. With support from Elijah Wood and Kirsten Dunst (who is gorgeous)

So is Elijah Wood :bah:

Think i'll watch this. Heard it was quite an obscure movie.