Unofficial Mills

Geeky question about studio allocations

Lee E

I've been wondering this for a while - Scotts Twitter prompted me to ask 

So Friday this week he was talking to Mable on the chart and was in 82A 

Later Annie posted an insta story in 82A 

So Did Scott move studios in newsbeat at 545, or did he pre record Mable and do his 4pm show in another studio? because he seems to use 82A for the chart, which prompts my next question

Why do the studios used seem to change at weekends 

Example here 

Weekdays Early breakfast 82D

Breakfast 82A 

Clara 82D 

Scott 82A 

Grimmy 82D

Annie 82A

Dev 82D 

Jack 82A

Weekends 

Breakfast 82D 

Greatest Hits 82A

Dev and alice 82D

Scott/Jam/Life Hacks 82A 

However today Mistajam posted a story of a tour of R1 and looked like he was in 82D and Dev and Alice were in 82A which would make todays allocations same as a weekday 

I remember having to do the breakfast show in 82D sometimes and Scott has certainly used 82D on occassion 

Hard to tell which are pre records and which aren't where they've had to use the opposite studio to normal 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 8:58 PM, Lee E said:

I've been wondering this for a while - Scotts Twitter prompted me to ask 

So Friday this week he was talking to Mable on the chart and was in 82A 

Later Annie posted an insta story in 82A 

So Did Scott move studios in newsbeat at 545, or did he pre record Mable and do his 4pm show in another studio? because he seems to use 82A for the chart, which prompts my next question

Why do the studios used seem to change at weekends 

Example here 

Weekdays Early breakfast 82D

Breakfast 82A 

Clara 82D 

Scott 82A 

Grimmy 82D

Annie 82A

Dev 82D 

Jack 82A

Weekends 

Breakfast 82D 

Greatest Hits 82A

Dev and alice 82D

Scott/Jam/Life Hacks 82A 

However today Mistajam posted a story of a tour of R1 and looked like he was in 82D and Dev and Alice were in 82A which would make todays allocations same as a weekday 

I remember having to do the breakfast show in 82D sometimes and Scott has certainly used 82D on occassion 

Hard to tell which are pre records and which aren't where they've had to use the opposite studio to normal 

Hmm interesting! How nerdy I must say :lol:

It turns out from the answer Scott does the chart in 82F and they get kicked out of 82A when there is a live lounge on, Clara and Grimmy use 82D normally and they see each other 

So Fridays must be 

Adele 82D 

Matt and Mollie 82F 

Maya 82A 

Dev/Alice 82D 

Scott 82F and Annie 82A 

MistaJam may use the same one he does 1Xtra drivetime in on a Saturday maybe and as 7pm Saturday is a 1Xtra take over maybe Target uses the one he uses on a weekday, and the R1 ones dont get used 

Out of interest, does anyone know how many Studios were at Yalding House 

It turns out from the answer Scott does the chart in 82F and they get kicked out of 82A when there is a live lounge on, Clara and Grimmy use 82D normally and they see each other  So Fridays must be 

Adele 82D 

Matt and Mollie 82F 

Maya 82A 

Dev/Alice 82D 

Scott 82F and Annie 82A 

MistaJam may use the same one he does 1Xtra drivetime in on a Saturday maybe and as 7pm Saturday is a 1Xtra take over maybe Target uses the one he uses on a weekday, and the R1 ones dont get used 

Out of interest, does anyone know how many Studios were at Yalding House 

Cel and Katie are 82F, so I guess MistaJam probably is if Scott is as well on a Friday. Didn’t afternoons use to be 82E on Fridays before the three day weekend? I love this it’s proper geeky chat. Matt and Mollie are pretty much always 82D aren’t they? It’s one of the big ones with the purple walls, rather than blue, and Maya is 82A so it’s gotta be 82D.

Sent from my iPhone using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

On 3/12/2019 at 9:06 PM, Mike123 said:

Cel and Katie are 82F, so I guess MistaJam probably is if Scott is as well on a Friday. Didn’t afternoons use to be 82E on Fridays before the three day weekend? I love this it’s proper geeky chat. Matt and Mollie are pretty much always 82D aren’t they? It’s one of the big ones with the purple walls, rather than blue, and Maya is 82A so it’s gotta be 82D.

Sent from my iPhone using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

Love the geek chat as well and I think by the sounds of them on the podcast Will the producer did too

I am not sure what studio Greg used to do his drive-time show from

I know Grimmy always used to use 82A on breakfast although sometimes 82E or F 

I think Matt and Mollie are 82D I know that's usually Clara, Adele and Grimmy too