Unofficial Mills

Alts to R1

anothernerd

UM People’s! Can I ask a favour from one geek to a few others. I’m going though a phase of listening to random shows on random stations online or on DAB. I was looking for some good shows to listen to. I reocmednd two djs to you guys as well Issy Panyais-EB Radio X. Quite like her show she should get signed for a better shift. 

Amy Voce- As I think one of you told me used to be part of Sam and Amy axed for Chris Evans. Hosts a nighttime show now seems funny she should join another station soon. Otherwise her talents wasting. 

I love Adam and JoJo on Capital Yorkshire, Danny Mylo on Pulse 1 is good too. I think Absolute Radio is a fantastic station although I can't get on with the playlist - Bush and Richie I really enjoy. And if you like things more serious and speech-based, James O'Brien on LBC is fantastic. 

34 minutes ago, OohErr said:

I love Adam and JoJo on Capital Yorkshire, Danny Mylo on Pulse 1 is good too. I think Absolute Radio is a fantastic station although I can't get on with the playlist - Bush and Richie I really enjoy. And if you like things more serious and speech-based, James O'Brien on LBC is fantastic. 

I quite like LBC generally, for a bit of contrast from music radio.

12 hours ago, OohErr said:

I’ve heard bits of LBC now and again. Though I have heard good things about James O’Brein.  Can’t say I’ve ever tuned to Absolute Radio or Pluse One(Is that a local station?). I’ll give ‘em’ a try anyway

18 hours ago, anothernerd said:

UM People’s! Can I ask a favour from one geek to a few others. I’m going though a phase of listening to random shows on random stations online or on DAB. I was looking for some good shows to listen to. I reocmednd two djs to you guys as well Issy Panyais-EB Radio X. Quite like her show she should get signed for a better shift. 

Amy Voce- As I think one of you told me used to be part of Sam and Amy axed for Chris Evans. Hosts a nighttime show now seems funny she should join another station soon. Otherwise her talents wasting. 

I am bias here; listen to my show on community radio, i do drivetime weekdays 3pm start www.burgesshillradio.co.uk lol 

My alt to R1 is R2 now, enjoying Zoe on breakfast and Sara on drive 

34 minutes ago, Lee E said:

I am bias here; listen to my show on community radio, i do drivetime weekdays 3pm start www.burgesshillradio.co.uk lol 

My alt to R1 is R2 now, enjoying Zoe on breakfast and Sara on drive 

I’ll give you a listen sometime!

Anyone heard Chris Evans on virgin yet? He’s been there 3 weeks or so and is now spreading rumours on his show https://radiotoday.co.uk/2019/02/chris-evans-says-talkradio-is-changing-to-talknews/ 

2 hours ago, Mike123 said:

while we're talking about different stations, which do you prefer?  Capital or Kiss.  Kiss somehow has even less personality on it than Capital so I wasn't keen when I sampled it.  Capital has it's moments for me, but obviously Radio 1 is, and will always be miles ahead. 

Try Kisstory for no personalitie the djs there announce records and plug the mobile app. 

I cannot stand Capital. It’s just awful in my opinion.

same with heart it’s just capital but they play the same few songs on loop every show. 

Random thought.. don’t know if relevant?

so if Radio 2 is the most listened to station in the UK. Does that make Radio 1 number 2?

4 hours ago, anothernerd said:

I’ll give you a listen sometime!

Anyone heard Chris Evans on virgin yet? He’s been there 3 weeks or so and is now spreading rumours on his show https://radiotoday.co.uk/2019/02/chris-evans-says-talkradio-is-changing-to-talknews/ 

Try Kisstory for no personalitie the djs there announce records and plug the mobile app. 

I cannot stand Capital. It’s just awful in my opinion.

same with heart it’s just capital but they play the same few songs on loop every show. 

Random thought.. don’t know if relevant?

so if Radio 2 is the most listened to station in the UK. Does that make Radio 1 number 2?

Possibly lol

• 4 months later...

I like the idea of Kisstory but their playlist is a bit too narrow at times. There's a lot more classic dance/house/garage out there that people will remember apart from 'Robin S Show Me Love'.

Absolute's Danielle Perry is pretty good post 7pm, but those 7 min advert marathons usually push me away to Jo Whiley on Radio 2 who's back on at 7pm now.

on the grid.

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, RakHousePilfer said:

I really like Kerrang! Radio.

I suppose you could essentially choose any station over Radio 1, just actual alternatives in terms of their core demographic the choices would be Capital or Kiss in the UK, with big 16-24 core audiences like Radio 1.  On a side note why is such a large proportion of Radio 1’s audience off target, under 24s are about 3.1 million last I checked for Radio 1, which is success, but why are there 6 million over 30s listening??

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/31/2019 at 7:01 PM, Mike123 said:

but why are there 6 million over 30s listening??

Because Radio 2's demographic can be too broad at times. Not everyone between 30 and 40 is obsessed with 80's music, like me for instance. My era is late 90's and early 00's. So I end up hopping between Radio 1 & 2. Jump from 2 to 1 when they start playing ABBA, vice versa when grime comes onto Radio 1.

on the grid.