Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Now vs Then

anothernerd

I was thinking as I browse chrismoyles.net how much Radio 1 has changed!  He got away with using mild swears and people like Zane Lowe who was such a legend who knew what they were doing. In my opinion about 2004-2013 where Moyles was on breakfast Fearne was on.  I do miss Fearne, Chris, Zane, JK&Joel.

I do miss the Chemistry  between the djs. I mean I found the Chat between Matt And Mollie->Jordan North.  On Sunday 16th December 2018 about 9.45 to be really good chemistry. They were mocking Jordan being really hungover on early breakfast the other day. Which reminded me a bit of how Moyles used to pick on the other djs.

The only good djs left from the golden age

-Scott

-Greg

-Dev

-Matt

-

Looking at who’s new

-Annie 

-Mollie

-Jordan

-Adele 

In my opinion I’ve listed all the good djs at radio 1! 

For me, Radio 1 was better in the past. My favourite era (so far) was the "Wake up with Moyles, go home with Mills era" from 2009 (when I started listening) until 2012. It lost its way a bit after that, although individual shows like Scott's, Greg's and Matt's were still really good. It's got better again with Greg at breakfast, although the four day week continues to grate and IMO they play too much music. I think my preferred style of radio (zoo formats, spontaneous and flexible, better balance between talk and music) is very much out of fashion at the moment. 

On 12/17/2018 at 5:25 PM, anothernerd said:

I was thinking as I browse chrismoyles.net how much Radio 1 has changed!  He got away with using mild swears and people like Zane Lowe who was such a legend who knew what they were doing. In my opinion about 2004-2013 where Moyles was on breakfast Fearne was on.  I do miss Fearne, Chris, Zane, JK&Joel.

I do miss the Chemistry  between the djs. I mean I found the Chat between Matt And Mollie->Jordan North.  On Sunday 16th December 2018 about 9.45 to be really good chemistry. They were mocking Jordan being really hungover on early breakfast the other day. Which reminded me a bit of how Moyles used to pick on the other djs.

The only good djs left from the golden age

-Scott

-Greg

-Dev

-Matt

-

Looking at who’s new

-Annie 

-Mollie

-Jordan

-Adele 

In my opinion I’ve listed all the good djs at radio 1! 

It's funny, you tend not to notice era changes at Radio 1 until you see a list of names like that. 

I think the station's sounding really good at the moment. For me Greg and Grimmy are much better suited to their new timeslots. Nick's much more himself than he was in the structured format the old Breakfast Show was in, a decent listen. Greg makes Breakfast feel quite exciting and big budget, whist maintaining his trademark silliness.

I wouldn't say Annie is new however. She started on air in 2004 (according to Wikipedia) and was on BBC Switch with Grimmy what seems like donkeys ago.

1 hour ago, anothernerd said:

Oh yeah I forget Annie has been around for a while 

but she didn’t get her big break until Zane left.

Annie previously hosted weekend afternoons and covered weekdays. It's weird to think she once did shows with a fair bit of personality. She also hosted 10pm-12am for 4 months when Grimmy moved to breakfast but before Phil Taggart and Alice Levine took over.