Fantasy Christmas Schedule 2018
0

17 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Almost time people it's creeping up and every year when I purchase my Radio Times Christmas mega mag (only time I ever by a tv mag) I always check who's on R1 over telly instead. 

So this year has the potential to be quite different as for some reason I feel Scott is about to make the switch to R2 with the Evans situation. So it could look as follows:

Christmas Eve

4-6.30 Adele

6.30-10 Radio 1 Breakfast with Greg James Live

10-1 Clara Amfo

1-4 Matt and Mollie 

4-7 Dev and Alice

Christmas Day

4-6 Adele Live

6-10 Radio 1 Breakfast with Greg James Live Please I hope he gets it back he loved doing this show a few years back. 

10-7 Pre recorded stuff normally Artist Takeover? 

7-10 Radio 1 Movie Show With Ali Plumb looking back at 2018. 

Boxing Day

4-6.30 Adele 

6.30-10 Jordan

10-1 Clara on tape

1-4 Matt and Mollie maybe live?

4-7 Dev and Alice again maybe live? 

7-10 Movies with Ali Plumb looking forward to 2019.

Thursday 28th

Same as before only difference being 7-10 will be Annie Mac highlights.

Friday 29th 

6-10 either Katie & Cel or Will &Ariel

10-1 Maya Jama

1-4 Jordan 

4-7 Chart Of The Year with Scott

Saturday and Sunday only difference being 4-7 Dance Anthems on the Sat Life Hacks on the Sunday

New Year's Eve 

4-6.30 Will Best

6.30-10 Jordan

10-1 Nope sorry not sure here?

1-4 Matt and Mollie 

4-7 Dev

7-1 Jordan's New Year's Eve BANGERS this was great last year.

New Year's Day 

4-6.30 Will Best 

6.30-10 Jordan 

10-1 It's still open for debate

1-4 Arielle Free

4-7 Dev.

WHAT do you lovely lot reckon?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully we'll see the return of Greg's Christmas Day breakfast show - that was always something I looked forward to. I reckon we'll be hearing a lot of Jordan North again, Scott on breakfast for at least some of the time and maybe a bit of Dev and Jack Saunders. I doubt Alice would agree to work over the Christmas period though. Or Maya Jama. Maybe Molly King would though - that would be interesting. Arielle Free will probably pop up a fair amount, and maybe Will Best as well. I'd like to see someone from commercial radio get a shot at doing some early breakfast cover over the festivities - I'm a big fan of James Hall and I think Radio 1 would be fools not to sign him up. But that's a long shot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OohErr said:

Hopefully we'll see the return of Greg's Christmas Day breakfast show - that was always something I looked forward to. I reckon we'll be hearing a lot of Jordan North again, Scott on breakfast for at least some of the time and maybe a bit of Dev and Jack Saunders. I doubt Alice would agree to work over the Christmas period though. Or Maya Jama. Maybe Molly King would though - that would be interesting. Arielle Free will probably pop up a fair amount, and maybe Will Best as well. I'd like to see someone from commercial radio get a shot at doing some early breakfast cover over the festivities - I'm a big fan of James Hall and I think Radio 1 would be fools not to sign him up. But that's a long shot. 

I agree James Hall would be a good signing! I would love to see Jack Saunders on daytimes on the week between Xmas and New Year. I'm not that keen on Will Best but love Arielle Free and also enjoy Luke Franks so fingers crossed he covers again this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jacobdyer02 said:

I agree James Hall would be a good signing! I would love to see Jack Saunders on daytimes on the week between Xmas and New Year. I'm not that keen on Will Best but love Arielle Free and also enjoy Luke Franks so fingers crossed he covers again this year. 

Also agree re. James hall, just listened to a bit of his capital shows from last week, and  he’s really good at getting his personality through despite the short links

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There has to be a Radio 1 Breakfast With Greg James on Christmas Day this year. Just because its his first year I think he would want to do it as well as the bosses. 

...also really hope Jordan does New Years Eve Party thing again, that was quality last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to see Greg&Scott co-host Christmas Day Breakfast 

if Greg can’t do it solo.

My dream Christmas schedule would be 

Christmas Eve

Greg James Breakfast 

Adele Roberts 

Radio 1’s Greatest Christmas Hits with Maya and Jordon

Matt and Mollie 

Phil Taagart 

The 8th with Dev

Indie Show with Jack Saunders 

Christmas Day

Breakfast:Greg and Scott (or Just Greg)

Artist Takeover 

Bangers with Jordon North 

Matt and Mollie 

ArIelle Free.  

Annie Mac 

Boxing Day 

Scott Mills

Best of the Live lounge with Adele 

Greatest Hits with Katie

Pre-recorded show maybe 

Annie Mac

New Year dance party with Mistajam 

Not sure after this 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following on from my last post 

where I put not sure after this 

I had some more ideas 

New Year Countdown with Annie Mac doIng the music,  Scott doIng a final chart update of 2018 and leads the countdown with Jordon and Katie probably. 

2019 New Years Day

Dev solo or Alice solo 

Adele Roberts 

Cel Speilman

Matt and Mollie 

Jordon North

Artist Takeover

whatever replaces the 8th 

Jack Saunders 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the calendar, Christmas Eve and Day falls on a Monday/Tuesday so I can see it being Scott on Breakfast again for that week. I can see Will Best and ArIelle Free being used as cover on weekends, maybe Mollie King on her own and Katie & Cel doing solo covers and maybe some double shifts as well. Since New Years Eve/Day falls on the Monday/Tuesday I can't see a normal schedule return until the following week.

So for Christmas Eve I can see it being:

4-6:30am:  Arlee Free

6:30-10am:  Jordan North

10-1pm:  Mollie King (Would be good to try her out solo)

1pm-7pm: Scott & Chris Bangers (Pre-Recorded)

And for Christmas Day:

4-6:30am: Arlee Free

6:30-10am: Scott Mills

10am-4pm: Radio 1 Takeover

4pm-7pm:  Jordan North

26-27th:

4-6:30am: Arlee Free

6:30-10am: Scott Mills

10am-1pm:  Mollie King

1-4pm:  Matt Edmondson

4-7pm: Dev & Alice

28th:

4-6am: Adele Roberts

6-10am: Dev & Alice

10-1pm: Maya Jama Or Katie Thistleton

1-7pm: Chart Of The Year With Jordan North

29th:

6-10am: Dev & Alice

10-1pm:  Maya Jama or Katie Thistleton

1-4pm: Will Best

4-7pm: Dance Anthems With Adele Roberts

30th:

6-10am: Dev & Alice

10am-1pm: Cel Spellman

1-4pm: Will Best

4pm-7pm: Cel & Katie

New Years Eve:

4-6:30am:  Arlee Free

6:30-10am: Scott Mills

10-1pm: Radio 1 Greatest New Year Hits With Maya Jama

1-4pm:  Matt & Mollie

4-7pm:  Cel Spellman

7-1am: New Year Party With Jordan North

New Years Day-3rd:

4-6:30am: Arlee Free

6:30-10am: Scott Mills

10-1pm:  Adele Roberts

1-4pm: Jordan North

4-7pm: Cel Spellman

4th:

4-6am: Arlee Free

6-10am: Dev & Alice

10-1pm: Maya Jama

1-4pm: Will Best

4-7pm: Chart/Dance Anthems With Jordan North

5th:

6-10am: Dev & Alice

10-1pm: Maya Jama

1-4pm: Will Best

4-7pm:  Dance Anthems With Adele Roberts

6th:

6-10am: Dev & Alice

10-1pm:  Katie Thistleton

1-4pm: Matt & Mollie

4-7pm: Katie Thistleton

7th onwards:

As normal

Edited by TMD_24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TMD_24 said:

Looking at the calendar, Christmas Eve and Day falls on a Monday/Tuesday so I can see it being Scott on Breakfast again for that week. I can see Will Best and ArIelle Free being used as cover on weekends, maybe Mollie King on her own and Katie & Cel doing solo covers and maybe some double shifts as well. Since New Years Eve/Day falls on the Monday/Tuesday I can't see a normal schedule return until the following week.

So for Christmas Eve I can see it being:

4-6:30am:  Arlee Free

6:30-10am:  Jordan North

10-1pm:  Mollie King (Would be good to try her out solo)

1pm-7pm: Scott & Chris Bangers (Pre-Recorded)

And for Christmas Day:

4-6:30am: Arlee Free

6:30-10am: Scott Mills

10am-4pm: Radio 1 Takeover

4pm-7pm:  Jordan North

26-27th:

4-6:30am: Arlee Free

6:30-10am: Scott Mills

10am-1pm:  Mollie King

1-4pm:  Matt Edmondson

4-7pm: Dev & Alice

28th:

4-6am: Adele Roberts

6-10am: Dev & Alice

10-1pm: Maya Jama Or Katie Thistleton

1-7pm: Chart Of The Year With Jordan North

29th:

6-10am: Dev & Alice

10-1pm:  Maya Jama or Katie Thistleton

1-4pm: Will Best

4-7pm: Dance Anthems With Adele Roberts

30th:

6-10am: Dev & Alice

10am-1pm: Cel Spellman

1-4pm: Will Best

4pm-7pm: Cel & Katie

New Years Eve:

4-6:30am:  Arlee Free

6:30-10am: Scott Mills

10-1pm: Radio 1 Greatest New Year Hits With Maya Jama

1-4pm:  Matt & Mollie

4-7pm:  Cel Spellman

7-1am: New Year Party With Jordan North

New Years Day-3rd:

4-6:30am: Arlee Free

6:30-10am: Scott Mills

10-1pm:  Adele Roberts

1-4pm: Jordan North

4-7pm: Cel Spellman

4th:

4-6am: Arlee Free

6-10am: Dev & Alice

10-1pm: Maya Jama

1-4pm: Will Best

4-7pm: Chart/Dance Anthems With Jordan North

5th:

6-10am: Dev & Alice

10-1pm: Maya Jama

1-4pm: Will Best

4-7pm:  Dance Anthems With Adele Roberts

6th:

6-10am: Dev & Alice

10-1pm:  Katie Thistleton

1-4pm: Matt & Mollie

4-7pm: Katie Thistleton

7th onwards:

As normal

I can't see them splitting Matt & Mollie up. I think they will both be on together quite a bit I we Christmas but not separately. 

I'll probably be wrong though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll have a go at predicting the Christmas schedule:

21st: 

4:00 Adele Roberts

6:00 Dev

10:00 Greast Hits with Arielle Free

1:00 Matt Edmondson 

4:00 The Christmas Official Chart with Scott Mills

22nd:

The Same 

23rd: 

The Same apart from 

10:00 Greatest Hits with Jordan North 

Christmas Eve:

4:00 Arielle Free

6:30 Radio 1 Breakfast with Greg James (hopefully)

10:00 Adele Roberts

1:00 Jordan North

4:00 Scott and Chris’ Bangers

Christmas Day:

4:00 Adele Roberts (pre record)

6:30 Scott Mills

10:00 Artist Takeover

4:00 Jordan North

Boxing Day + 27th:

4:00 Arielle Free

6:30 Scott Mills

10:00 Jordan North

1:00 Matt Edmondson 

4:00 Dev

28th:

4:00 Arielle Free

6:00 Dev

10:00 Katie Thistleton

1:00 Chart of the year with Jordan North 

29th:

6:00 Dev

10:00 Cel Spellman

1:00 Will Best

4:00 Dance Anthems with Arielle Free

30th:

6:00 Dev

10:00 Arielle Free

1:00 Will Best 

4:00 Cel and Katie

New Years Eve:

4:00 Will Best

6:30 Scott Mills

10:00 Adele Roberts

1:00 Matt Edmondon

4:00 New Years Dance Anthems with Mistajam (pre record)

7:00 New Years Party with Jordan North 

New Years Day:

4:00 Adele Roberts (pre record)

6:00 Dev

10:00 Katie Thistleton

1:00 Jack Saunders (unlikely to happen) 

4:00 Jordan North

2nd and 3rd: 

4:00 Will Best

6:30 Scott Mills

10:00 Jordan North

1:00 Matt Edmonson

4:00 Dev

I know there’s lots of Dev on there but he’s always on loads at Christmas! 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Dan18F1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few things that may happen. 

Firstly Greg has worked flat out since he started other than the Monday off for his wedding which probably means he will finish for the year on the 20th. (I hope I'm wrong)

Secondly with Dev moving across to weekend afternoon's with Alice I can see him covering over the festive period but not the same amount we usually see and not breakfast that will go to the likes of Jordan. 

Also Matt and Mollie will be on a lot don't think they will do Mollie on her own just yet?

One over was it my imagination or was Jordan live 4-7 Christmas Day last year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the first few point she of interest have been revealed in relation to Christmas from the BBCs Christmas Radio Highlights press pack. These are:

• Scott Mills will be hosting the Christmas Official Chart on Friday 21st (not unexpected)

• There will be a Ten Hour Takeover on Christmas Eve hosted by Scott and Chris (6:30 - 10), Clara Amfo (10 - 1), Arielle Free (1 - 4) and Jordan North (4 - 7). Surprised to see that Clara seems to be working over the Xmas period.

• Scott Mills will be Live on Christmas Day (6:30 - 10) as well as Jordan North (4-7). Annie Mac, The 8th and Jack Saunders Christmas specials follow this. Seems to be same schedule as last year? 

• Boxing Day will have the best Live Lounge replays all day. 

• Friday 28th will have the chart of the year from 1 - 6. This will be hosted by Alice and Dev (1-4) and Scott Mills (4-6)

• On New Years Eve, Arielle Free will be hosting from 5 - 9 and then Jordan North will be taking over. 

From this, I’m guessing that both Arielle and Jordan will be working a lot over Christmas. Also surprised that Alice and Clara are working as they normally take Christmas off! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would someone be able to post when the Christmas schedule gets put up on Digiguide or Digital Spy? It was exactly today last year so I’m expecting it any day now! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I’d post all the Christmas schedule in one place: 

Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd:  As Normal

Sunday 23rd:                                      As Normal apart from:

10:00 Arielle Free In for Jordan North

7:00 Abbie MacCarthy in for Phil Taggart

Christmas Eve:

4:00 Adele Roberts

6:30 Scott and Chris

10:00 Clara Amfo

1:00 Arielle Free

4:00 Jordan North 

7:00 As Normal

Christmas Day: 

4:00 Adele Roberts

6:30 Scott Mills

10:00 Artist Takeover

4:00 Jordan North

7:00 As Normal

Boxing Day and Thursday 27th:

Same as Christmas Eve

Friday 28th:

4:00 Adele Roberts

6:00 Jordan North

10:00 Maya Jama 

1:00 Chart of the Year with Dev

4:00 Chart of the Year with Scott Mills

7:00 Danny Howard 

9:00 Pete Tong

11:00 Monki

Saturday 29th:

Same as Friday 28th 

Sunday 30th: 

Not sure yet - presume Same as Saturday will but update when confirmed 

New Years Eve: 

4:00 Nikki Osborne

6:30 Matt and Mollie

10:00 Adele Roberts

1:00 Katie Thistleton

5:00 Arielle Free

9:00 - 1:00 Jordan North

New Years Day: 

4:00 Adam English

6:30 - 4:00 Same as NYE

4:00 Jordan North

7:00 As Normal 

Wednesday 2nd + Thursday  3rd January: 

Same as NYD apart from 

1:00 Cel and Katie

Friday 4th:

As Normal except:

4:00 Chart with Jordan North 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0