Fantasy Christmas Schedule 2018

4 posts in this topic

Almost time people it's creeping up and every year when I purchase my Radio Times Christmas mega mag (only time I ever by a tv mag) I always check who's on R1 over telly instead. 

So this year has the potential to be quite different as for some reason I feel Scott is about to make the switch to R2 with the Evans situation. So it could look as follows:

Christmas Eve

4-6.30 Adele

6.30-10 Radio 1 Breakfast with Greg James Live

10-1 Clara Amfo

1-4 Matt and Mollie 

4-7 Dev and Alice

Christmas Day

4-6 Adele Live

6-10 Radio 1 Breakfast with Greg James Live Please I hope he gets it back he loved doing this show a few years back. 

10-7 Pre recorded stuff normally Artist Takeover? 

7-10 Radio 1 Movie Show With Ali Plumb looking back at 2018. 

Boxing Day

4-6.30 Adele 

6.30-10 Jordan

10-1 Clara on tape

1-4 Matt and Mollie maybe live?

4-7 Dev and Alice again maybe live? 

7-10 Movies with Ali Plumb looking forward to 2019.

Thursday 28th

Same as before only difference being 7-10 will be Annie Mac highlights.

Friday 29th 

6-10 either Katie & Cel or Will &Ariel

10-1 Maya Jama

1-4 Jordan 

4-7 Chart Of The Year with Scott

Saturday and Sunday only difference being 4-7 Dance Anthems on the Sat Life Hacks on the Sunday

New Year's Eve 

4-6.30 Will Best

6.30-10 Jordan

10-1 Nope sorry not sure here?

1-4 Matt and Mollie 

4-7 Dev

7-1 Jordan's New Year's Eve BANGERS this was great last year.

New Year's Day 

4-6.30 Will Best 

6.30-10 Jordan 

10-1 It's still open for debate

1-4 Arielle Free

4-7 Dev.

WHAT do you lovely lot reckon?

Hopefully we'll see the return of Greg's Christmas Day breakfast show - that was always something I looked forward to. I reckon we'll be hearing a lot of Jordan North again, Scott on breakfast for at least some of the time and maybe a bit of Dev and Jack Saunders. I doubt Alice would agree to work over the Christmas period though. Or Maya Jama. Maybe Molly King would though - that would be interesting. Arielle Free will probably pop up a fair amount, and maybe Will Best as well. I'd like to see someone from commercial radio get a shot at doing some early breakfast cover over the festivities - I'm a big fan of James Hall and I think Radio 1 would be fools not to sign him up. But that's a long shot. 

2 hours ago, OohErr said:

Hopefully we'll see the return of Greg's Christmas Day breakfast show - that was always something I looked forward to. I reckon we'll be hearing a lot of Jordan North again, Scott on breakfast for at least some of the time and maybe a bit of Dev and Jack Saunders. I doubt Alice would agree to work over the Christmas period though. Or Maya Jama. Maybe Molly King would though - that would be interesting. Arielle Free will probably pop up a fair amount, and maybe Will Best as well. I'd like to see someone from commercial radio get a shot at doing some early breakfast cover over the festivities - I'm a big fan of James Hall and I think Radio 1 would be fools not to sign him up. But that's a long shot. 

I agree James Hall would be a good signing! I would love to see Jack Saunders on daytimes on the week between Xmas and New Year. I'm not that keen on Will Best but love Arielle Free and also enjoy Luke Franks so fingers crossed he covers again this year. 

11 minutes ago, jacobdyer02 said:

I agree James Hall would be a good signing! I would love to see Jack Saunders on daytimes on the week between Xmas and New Year. I'm not that keen on Will Best but love Arielle Free and also enjoy Luke Franks so fingers crossed he covers again this year. 

Also agree re. James hall, just listened to a bit of his capital shows from last week, and  he’s really good at getting his personality through despite the short links