Radio 1 Breakfast with Greg James - First Thoughts
2 2

107 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Aleks_ said:

Huh, Greg's podcast is now rather short, isn't it? The first Breakfast one was about 50 minutes, but the rest is just a joke, 5-11 minutes. Any ideas what's going on?

He said on the first show that it'll just be one best bit from the show, rather than one with everything in like Scott's

Thanks Rick, I've missed that on Monday.

And what a rubbish idea this is. It might have worked when he did one, long weekly podcast, not so much when it's daily. I can't be bothered to download them now, to be honest. Hopefully, they'll rethink it. 

I dunno, I quite like it. If they did a full 40+ minute podcast every day they'd pile up and I'd never listen to them, whereas this is manageable. But yeah, a weekly podcast would achieve largely the same thing. I'm really looking forward to his podcast with Chris Smith whenever that arrives.

Well, you've got a point there. Still, Scott's podcasts are 30 minutes +, and I listen to them anyway. I think that 5-10 minutes format would be good to put on yt, not in a podcast form. And it would make more sense with more visual stuff - Red Arrows display or interviews. 

Oh yeah, it cannot come fast enough. I already miss the class act that is Chris Smith with the News. Although now we should probably say simply Chris Smith. 

Edited by Aleks_