Chris's Friday Extra Podcast

6 posts in this topic

Since Chris claims that his podcast is not a one-off thing, I think a separate thread is in need. 

My initial thoughts: it's a really good idea. 

Chris is really good when he's talking to other people, but sounds slightly 'staged' when he's alone. I think it's something in his voice, you can hear that he's reading the script instead of just talking.
We get some really good, unknown stuff - Chris used to be a phone call receiver at R1 (I for once didn't know that he used to work behind the scenes) and what's one feature that Greg will have on his Breakfast. He also called Beccy - quite weird that he says she's one of his best friends and then says that he hasn't spoken to her for ages. Still, really nice to hear from her. 
I didn't really like Good News Jamie in this podcast, he kind of shaded Scott. I don't think he meant to, but it turned out cringe and awkward. 

Still a bit rough, but a decent start of something great.

Chris: Are you aware that you've covered five Radio 1 Breakfast Shows since you started?

Scott: That wasn't me. That was another person called Scott Mills cause I've not actually been there that long.

LOL

And Chris is getting better at talking just by himself. There's a nice difference between his first solo podcast and the last one.

Also, can they just bring back Tap End, please? When Chris played the theme tune I almost welled up. Best feature up to date.