Greg is the new Breakfast Show host as Nick Grimshaw quits
1 1

53 posts in this topic

I notice Chris hasn't been on Greg's show this week - What's My Age Again was with Danny Howard and Shouldn't Be News was with Clara Amfo and Simon McCoy, but he's been reading the news. I hope he isn't being phased out, his involvement was already reduced once before to its current levels.

1 hour ago, OohErr said:

I notice Chris hasn't been on Greg's show this week - What's My Age Again was with Danny Howard and Shouldn't Be News was with Clara Amfo and Simon McCoy, but he's been reading the news. I hope he isn't being phased out, his involvement was already reduced once before to its current levels.

He's probably been tied up with all this Brexit stuff (and other things). I hope he'll still be on the podcast!

There’s a lot of speculation here as to whether Grimmy has been asked to leave or whether it was his own decision. But nobody has raised the point about the amount of sickies he has pulled in his time as host. Quite a number! I don’t think I’ve ever known a presenter of any radio station to ever pull as many as he did. I sometimes question whether some were genuine, and maybe Cooper got fed up with it and decided to take him off breakfast.

As for Tina staying on breakfast, I’d like that. I can’t see Chris leaping over from his current slot. Tina staying on in 2012 was great and she is doing more and more TV work with the Beeb, however sleep the news as it is!