Schedule Changes
3 3

213 posts in this topic

Last time as "The Matt Edmondson Show"* tomorrow before it becomes "Matt and Mollie" next week.

* Not called that on air anymore but nice that they still called it that on the online schedule

Edited by Tea20

Are we thinking the chart will get a whole new imaging package come Friday? The current theme debuted in 2015 I think so it would make sense for a refresh.

2 hours ago, Tea20 said:

Last time as "The Matt Edmondson Show"* tomorrow before it becomes "Matt and Mollie" next week.

* Not called that on air anymore but nice that they still called it that on the online schedule

RIP. I still miss the Wednesday night version of The Matt Edmondson Show - it was like nothing I'd ever heard before, or since. So creative, and so funny.

On 6/9/2018 at 10:13 PM, Ant L said:

Are we thinking the chart will get a whole new imaging package come Friday? The current theme debuted in 2015 I think so it would make sense for a refresh.

I hope so! It’s about time!

On 6/10/2018 at 12:07 AM, OohErr said:

RIP. I still miss the Wednesday night version of The Matt Edmondson Show - it was like nothing I'd ever heard before, or since. So creative, and so funny.

It was pure epicness even with that magpie always stealing the CDs with Matt's best features. 

10 hours ago, vorti said:

It was pure epicness even with that magpie always stealing the CDs with Matt's best features. 

"We'll cobble something together".

Not to forget Gary the Psychic Moth, Funty the Fun Time Puppet Pal, Warwick Hunt (the BBC's Head of Editorial Compliance), Peter Spendthrift (Radio 1's original Money Saving Expert) and Tim the Twitter Trending Expert. Plus Matt's Rich Uncle Alan, Doc Beige and Taio Cruz's secret diary. It was only one hour once a week for 18 months, and yet it had so many memorable moments.

It would really suit the 3am comedy slot, they should bring it back.

Edited by OohErr

On 6/13/2018 at 10:10 AM, OohErr said:

"We'll cobble something together".

Not to forget Gary the Psychic Moth, Funty the Fun Time Puppet Pal, Warwick Hunt (the BBC's Head of Editorial Compliance), Peter Spendthrift (Radio 1's original Money Saving Expert) and Tim the Twitter Trending Expert. Plus Matt's Rich Uncle Alan, Doc Beige and Taio Cruz's secret diary. It was only one hour once a week for 18 months, and yet it had so many memorable moments.

It would really suit the 3am comedy slot, they should bring it back.

Oh yes*, I love all of these, but couldn't name them all even if I tried. I can add one though: the fake BBC Three promos which always sounded real for a few moments, and these "shows" were always hosted by the same "former Atomic Kitten member", that was where I always lost it. Saved a few episodes back then, I might give them a listen when I can.

*YAAAAAAASS!

Ah, the old Wednesday night Matt Edmondson Show. I miss it too, it was the first radio show that I made sure that I didn't miss each week. Still one of the best things I've ever heard.

Dev has been sounding good covering the 8th recently – still entertaining without the I-want-the-whole-universe-to-hear-me shouting. He makes the show much more listenable.