Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

• 2 weeks later...

Jordan is in for Adele Monday to Wednesday next week as she is in for Dev on the 8th. Tomorrow, there’s an Oscars special from 3am with Ali Plumb co hosting the show. On Thursday and Friday, Arielle is covering for her. 

Alice is going solo on Friday before Arielle Free covers for them both on Saturday and Sunday. 

On Saturday as well, Asian Network Live takes place between 7 and 11pm. 

The week after,  Nick Bright is in for Dev on the 8th, Jordan is in for Adele on Friday 8th March and Monday 11th and Alice is flying solo all weekend again. 

17 minutes ago, Darren m said:

the More I think about it the more it seems that Jordan will take over early breakfast at some point this year with Adele maybe taking his show 

I think Arielle might take it over at some point this year. Adele seems to have had quite a lot of time off recently unless she’s just saved up a lot of holiday leave and she’s using it all now. 

I'm not sure Adele will go anywhere anytime soon actually - she's doing a really good job on that show, has really made it her own, and unlike most other people who do that slot, seems to love getting up at that time of day. Due to her age, earlies is probably the furthest her R1 career will go but I don't think there's any pressing need to take her off. After all the work Jordan's done, getting early breakfast world be a bit below him - when he does make daytime, he'll go straight to drive.  Arielle will probably get Jordan's show (and maybe Maya's too) - she's like him but earlier on in her career. She hasn't done any daytime cover yet IIRC. 

45 minutes ago, OohErr said:

I'm not sure Adele will go anywhere anytime soon actually - she's doing a really good job on that show, has really made it her own, and unlike most other people who do that slot, seems to love getting up at that time of day. Due to her age, earlies is probably the furthest her R1 career will go but I don't think there's any pressing need to take her off. After all the work Jordan's done, getting early breakfast world be a bit below him - when he does make daytime, he'll go straight to drive.  Arielle will probably get Jordan's show (and maybe Maya's too) - she's like him but earlier on in her career. She hasn't done any daytime cover yet IIRC. 

Arielle will probaly get a shift in about two to three years maybe more just think how long it took Jordon to get weekends 

I really like her as a presenter. I don’t get why they don’t just say bye to Maya already she wouldn’t mind she’d be  doing loads more telly. 

As for Adele she’s getting towards Radio 2 or commercial. She takes holidays off really regularly. 

I want Jordon to take drivetime and Prehaps Arielle could have the early breakfast show.

45 minutes ago, OohErr said:

Arielle will probaly get a shift in about two to three years maybe more just think how long it took Jordon to get weekends 

I really like her as a presenter. I don’t get why they don’t just say bye to Maya already she wouldn’t mind she’d be  doing loads more telly. 

As for Adele she’s getting towards Radio 2 or commercial. She takes holidays off really regularly. 

Here’s what I’d like to see at R1 soon..

I want Jordon to take drivetime and Prehaps Arielle could have the early breakfast show.

11 hours ago, anothernerd said:

Here’s what I’d like to see at R1 soon..

Arielle is already in her 30s, surely Radio 1 should recruit younger people for brand new talent?  Totally agree with you about Jordan and drivetime.  With Maya the only thing I can say for her is she’s relevant at the moment, and that’s why she’s there.  She’s there to attract the target audience.

12 hours ago, OohErr said:

She’s doing fine, I agree, no rush to take her off.  But when some up and coming talent needs the slot, that’d be time for her to go.  I think because Arielle is already a similar age to the likes of Greg and Nick, she could get one of the weekend slots, but I doubt anything further than that.

If I was Ben Cooper right now, I'd be considering a line-up like this for the next major schedule changes. Some of these choices might throw the cat amongst the pigeons lol

Mon - Thurs

4am - Katie Thistleton
6am - Radio 1 Breakfast with Greg James (bring it in line with the weekend breakfast start time)
10am - Dev & Alice
12.45pm - Newsbeat
1pm - Scott Mills
4pm - Jordan North
5.45pm - Newsbeat
6pm - Jordan North

Fri

4am- Arielle Free
6am- Matt & Mollie
10am - Greatest Hits with Clara Amfo
11am - Clara Amfo
12.45pm - Newsbeat
1pm - Adele Roberts
4pm - Official Chart with Scott Mills
5.45pm - Newsbeat
6pm - Dance Anthems with Scott Mills

Sat

6am- Matt & Mollie
11am - Clara Amfo
1pm - Adele Roberts
4pm - Dance Anthems with MistaJam

Sun

6am- Matt & Mollie
10am- Cel Spellman
1pm - Adele Roberts
4pm - Request Show with Arielle Free
6pm - The Surgery with Dr Radha (and another presenter)

44 minutes ago, Marcus17 said:

If I was Ben Cooper right now, I'd be considering a line-up like this for the next major schedule changes. Some of these choices might throw the cat amongst the pigeons lol

Mon - Thurs

4am - Katie Thistleton
6am - Radio 1 Breakfast with Greg James (bring it in line with the weekend breakfast start time)
10am - Dev & Alice
12.45pm - Newsbeat
1pm - Scott Mills
4pm - Jordan North
5.45pm - Newsbeat
6pm - Jordan North

Fri

4am- Arielle Free
6am- Matt & Mollie
11am - Clara Amfo
12.45pm - Newsbeat
1pm - Adele Roberts
5.45pm - Newsbeat

Sat

6am- Matt & Mollie
11am - Clara Amfo
1pm - Adele Roberts

Sun

6am- Matt & Mollie
10am- Cel Spellman
1pm - Adele Roberts

I like the look of that.

6 hours ago, Marcus17 said:

Mon - Thurs

4am - Katie Thistleton
10am - Dev & Alice
12.45pm - Newsbeat
1pm - Scott Mills
4pm - Jordan North
5.45pm - Newsbeat
6pm - Jordan North

Fri

4am- Arielle Free
6am- Matt & Mollie
11am - Clara Amfo
12.45pm - Newsbeat
1pm - Adele Roberts
5.45pm - Newsbeat

Sat

6am- Matt & Mollie
11am - Clara Amfo
1pm - Adele Roberts

Sun

6am- Matt & Mollie
10am- Cel Spellman
1pm - Adele Roberts

I'd go for.

Mon-Fri (no more weekend on Fridays)

4am: someone new from student radio or somewhere like that

6:30am: Dev and Alice (for a couple years, temporarily before someone else can step up, they're much more on target than Greg, who sounds way dull for Radio 1 Breakfast these days, his drive show used to be brilliant, and while Dev and Alice are far from groundbreakingly amazing, it'd suit the audience with some good ideas, big branding and experienced production, and they might shine)

10am: Katie Thisleton (bang on target, fresh, would suit the format)

1pm: Cel Spellman (I know people aren't keen on here but i think he's got massive potential, and is bang on target for the audience)

4pm: Jordan North (deserves it massively)

On 2/28/2019 at 2:36 PM, Marcus17 said:

Mon - Thurs

4am - Katie Thistleton
10am - Dev & Alice
12.45pm - Newsbeat
1pm - Scott Mills
4pm - Jordan North
5.45pm - Newsbeat
6pm - Jordan North

Fri

4am- Arielle Free
6am- Matt & Mollie
11am - Clara Amfo
12.45pm - Newsbeat
1pm - Adele Roberts
5.45pm - Newsbeat

Sat

6am- Matt & Mollie
11am - Clara Amfo
1pm - Adele Roberts

Sun

6am- Matt & Mollie
10am- Cel Spellman
1pm - Adele Roberts

At 10AM on Sunday i would say give Matt and Mollie the show 

On 3/1/2019 at 1:03 PM, Mike123 said:

could not agree more.  jordan should have had all three days from the start.

Jordon hands down is the next Scott.  He’s been slowly building up his rep as the R1 supply teacher and should be on daytime by now. When Scott leaves I want Jordon to have his show as I feel he’s a worthy successor 

16 hours ago, anothernerd said:

Jordon hands down is the next Scott.  He’s been slowly building up his rep as the R1 supply teacher and should be on daytime by now. When Scott leaves I want Jordon to have his show as I feel he’s a worthy successor 

Jordan should get drive, he deserves a bigger slot than afternoons at this point.  

16 hours ago, anothernerd said:

In many ways you could turn out to be spot on about him being the next Scott.  He’ll probably get to drivetime straight from where he is now, and I doubt he’ll ever make breakfast, so his Radio 1 career could pan out similar, although I seriously doubt he’ll last 20 years.

• 3 weeks later...

Few schedule changes in the next few weeks: 

• Rickie, Melvin and Charlie begin on April 1st which means that this week is the last week of the 8th. 

• Arielle is in for Adele from the 1st to the 4th of April and Adele is in for Clara that week. 

• On the 8th April, Jordan is in for Grimmy and I’m guessing that’s all week. 

• Also that week, Phil Taggart is in for Annie (apart from Friday when it’s Danny Howard)

• Finally, on Friday 12th, Jordan is in for Maya. 

On 3/24/2019 at 10:09 PM, Dan18F1 said:

Nope, I’m thinking he’ll take a holiday quite soon, maybe around Easter? He had quite a few holidays when he did drive so it does surprise me a bit. 

He'll probably have Easter off, Scott is not getting as much breakfast cover as he used to have, by default he has a bit recently with the Escape Room and Lolothon, but unlike Grimmy Greg is not one for dropping out after a heavy night with Miss Ora or Geldof - very reminiscent of Zoe and Saras partying days, I think he has shown for every drive show thus far apart from holidays 

Greg is very much like Moyles in that way where he wouldn't miss a show unless there was a Holiday or a crises (remember when him and his GF spit Sara stood in for a few days) 

Question on that front - did Scott ever cover for Moyles working with Aled, Dave and Dom ?