2:00 Matt and Mollie live from Reading

4:00 Dance Anthems with Arielle Free

7:00 DJ Target live from Reading 

9:00 Charlie Sloth Live from Reading

Sunday 26th:

6:00 Adele Roberts 

Rest of schedule the same until 4pm when it goes back to normal except

10:00 B Traits in for Phil Taggart 

Im amazed how much coverage they are doing from Reading this year!! 

The Saturday schedule has changed.

6am-10am: Alice Levine (Was Cel)

10am-12pm: Radio 1 Greatest Hits with Maya Jama & Jordan North (As before)

12pm-2pm: Dev (Was Scott & Chris)

2pm-11pm: As before

The Sunday schedule is the same except that Life Hacks & Most Played is just Cel.

Charile Sloth is on holidays from Thursday (Apart from Saturday) so it's Dev covering The 8th on Thursday and Dotty covering next week. Daniel P Carter is in for Annie Mac on Bank Holiday and next Wednesday is Huw Stephens last show before he moves to Sunday's 11pm-1am and Jack Saunders taking over his current slot. Dev is going solo next Tuesday.

Yeah, I saw that, very strange how it’s all changed but I’m just glad that Cel isn’t on for 4 hours anymore. 

Also, on Friday 31st Jordan is doing Early Breakfast, on Saturday 1st DJ Charlesy is in for DJ Target and on Monday 3rd, Dev is doing the 8th! 

Jack Saunders’ new show is called Radio 1’s Indie Show btw. 

Radio 1's Indie Show is an interesting name - it ties in with the discussion on the other thread about how the playlist and chart has evolved over the years. It's sidelining the genre in the same way as rap or drum and bass - having one specific show dedicated to it (albeit three nights a week) as opposed to the more general new music show it has been in the past. Then again, I can't see indie being completely cut out from Annie Mac's Monday-Thursday show. 

As chuffed as I am for Jack who's a really good presenter, I don't quite understand the reason for the change - Huw's been doing a great job, finally on a show that suits his talents (unlike his three years on weekends). And it's not a diversity thing either - they're replacing one straight white male with another. I don't really see where Jack could end up in future - unless they give him the Grimmy treatment and move him to daytime in a few years this is probably the only show he'll ever do. Except maybe replace Annie Mac when the time comes. It's similar to Zane really - both poached from X to do a new music show, albeit 15 years apart.

Thanks for that chart, it’s very helpful!

So some schedule changes for the next few weeks, on Sunday, Cel is in for Dev and Alice and also Cel is doing Life Hacks solo. 

Next week, Dev is in for Charlie on Monday and Jack Saunders and Grimmy start their new shows. 

Then, on the weekend of the 14th September, Alice is off all weekend. 

Finally, on the 19th, Dev is in for Charlie on the 8th! 

Katie Thistleton is in for Jordan this Sunday. Also this Sunday is when the evening schedule changes to:

7pm-9pm: Radio 1 Chillest Show With Phil Taggart

9pm-11pm: Radio 1 Rock Show With Daniel P Carter

11pm-1am: BBC Introducing On Radio 1 With Huw Stephens

1am-3am: Radio 1 Residency

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Dan18F1 said:

On Friday, Dev is doing weekend breakfast solo and then on Saturday, Adele is covering for Maya. 

Next Monday, Scott is in for Greg and Matt and Mollie are in for Scott. 

The week after, Jordan is in for Adele all week as she is in for Clara! 

Can't Jordan just sit in for Clara? He's a big boy now, and it stops the whole schedule jumping about. Its annoying how he's been around for so long but he's no trusted with a mid morning show, despite being a great presenter

17 minutes ago, Fourcandles said:

Can't Jordan just sit in for Clara? He's a big boy now, and it stops the whole schedule jumping about. Its annoying how he's been around for so long but he's no trusted with a mid morning show, despite being a great presenter

It's probably to give Adele a bit of respite as well - getting up at 2:30 every weekday for 46 or so weeks of the year is still a lot. This way she gets a few more weeks of lie-ins filling for Clara too.

20 hours ago, OohErr said:

It's probably to give Adele a bit of respite as well - getting up at 2:30 every weekday for 46 or so weeks of the year is still a lot. This way she gets a few more weeks of lie-ins filling for Clara too.

Exactly and she deserves more prominence than the early breakfast show usually gives her. I'd have no objection to Jordan covering Clara whatsoever but Adele is full-time and he only does one show a week usually so R1 probably feel like they have to make her the main cover. I do like getting to hear Adele during the daytimes too, she's a great presenter.

1 hour ago, murste said:

Exactly and she deserves more prominence than the early breakfast show usually gives her. I'd have no objection to Jordan covering Clara whatsoever but Adele is full-time and he only does one show a week usually so R1 probably feel like they have to make her the main cover. I do like getting to hear Adele during the daytimes too, she's a great presenter.

I see Adele taking over Clara’s Show next shake up

• 2 weeks later...