Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

7 hours ago, Lee E said:

I also think we'll get 3 weeks of Scott on Breakfast which leads me into my next question; will Scott use his breakfast package which is basically Grimmys but with the name changed to Scott's or will he just use his generic afternoon jingles, like when he covered between Moyles and Grimmy and milk it being the "shortest breakfast show ever" except if this is longer than five shows it won't have been

I reckon he will, because the circumstances are different - first of all because it will be slightly more long term than in 2012, but also because in 2012, "The Radio 1 Breakfast Show" didn't exist - it had been "The Chris Moyles Show" for the 8 1/2 years previous, so Scott HAD to use his own jingles because there simply weren't any generic breakfast jingles with his name on them, only "The Chris Moyles Show with Scott Mills" jingles (Scott also did the same the last time he covered for Chris, when the show was wrapping up IIRC). This time, it's still The Radio 1 Breakfast Show, the only thing that's changing is Nick Grimshaw is being swapped for Greg James. So my guess is that in the interim Scott will use his existing Radio 1 Breakfast Show jingles (but maybe have some new ones for when/if he covers Greg).

13 hours ago, OohErr said:

I reckon he will, because the circumstances are different - first of all because it will be slightly more long term than in 2012, but also because in 2012, "The Radio 1 Breakfast Show" didn't exist - it had been "The Chris Moyles Show" for the 8 1/2 years previous, so Scott HAD to use his own jingles because there simply weren't any generic breakfast jingles with his name on them, only "The Chris Moyles Show with Scott Mills" jingles (Scott also did the same the last time he covered for Chris, when the show was wrapping up IIRC). This time, it's still The Radio 1 Breakfast Show, the only thing that's changing is Nick Grimshaw is being swapped for Greg James. So my guess is that in the interim Scott will use his existing Radio 1 Breakfast Show jingles (but maybe have some new ones for when/if he covers Greg).

I am pretty sure the last cover he did he used the CM jingles, I am sure I listened to that podcast here recently

Anyway yes that makes sense and then they'll use the new Jingles after

And like Dev and Alice he will have to also remember hes not "in" for anyone so cannot say "It's Scott here in for Nick Grimshaw/Greg James" so I wonder if will be a business as usual approach as in he will do Grimmys format or just his own show

Noticed Alice and Dev have totally dropped all of Gregs stuff on drive

Good to see Radio 1 trying out some new conbinations. Arielle Free & Will Best could work well together. I really enjoy listening to Will Best mainly because I remember him doing the chart on 4Music and various other shows. He has done some cover work for Heart as well but I think he could work better on Radio 1.

Not sure whether it's been pointed out yet but Jordan's on twice tomorrow - he's doing 4-6am and then 1-4pm with Molly King (as he is all weekend).

And professional Adele Roberts soundalike Katie Thisleton is in for Maya on Friday but not Saturday.

I have a feeling that Jordan on at 4 might be a mistake. At the end of his show today, he said he’s back at 1 tomorrow and it wouldn’t really make sense for Will to do every day this week apart from Friday. And Adele has actually been on this week so wouldn’t make much sense for her to have tomorrow off. 

2 hours ago, Dan18F1 said:

I have a feeling that Jordan on at 4 might be a mistake. At the end of his show today, he said he’s back at 1 tomorrow and it wouldn’t really make sense for Will to do every day this week apart from Friday. And Adele has actually been on this week so wouldn’t make much sense for her to have tomorrow off. 

It might be Adele but if it's Will Best then even Will Best doesn't know it - I was listening this morning and he said several times it was his last show in this stint of cover. He had quite a lengthy conversation about it with Luciano, in fact. Don't think Adele said when she'd be back at the end of her show today.

10 hours ago, OohErr said:

Not sure whether it's been pointed out yet but Jordan's on twice tomorrow - he's doing 4-6am and then 1-4pm with Molly King (as he is all weekend).

And professional Adele Roberts soundalike Katie Thisleton is in for Maya on Friday but not Saturday.

Has anyone ever done 8 shows in a week before.

In fact is Jordan r1s first ever cover dj. Although he only has 1 show he is on cover almost every week and a great listen.

I think the cover is now:

Breakfast-scott

Clara-adele

Scott-jordan/Matt & Mollie

Drive-Dev and Alice/Jordan

Annie-mistajam

Charlie -Dev

Huw- Phil

Chart - jam / Jordan

Weekend brek - 1 co-host

Life hacks - 1 cohost

Dance anthems - jordan / Adele

Greatest hits - cel/ katie

Matt - jordan

Adele - jordan

I have just started as the "cover" DJ on a local community station, the reason is my job is shift work s cant take the regular slots that are going, so Iv'e said to the station management I can do cover work when needed, just finished training, one more co hosting show to do with the regular drive time guy and I'll be away

I'm not expecting to get near the breakfast show mind, i'd think they'll put the drive guy on that and me on drive 

That week that Scott and Chris are covering breakfast also has Matt and Mollie covering Scott’s Show and on Monday Arielle Free covering for Adele. Also, on the Wednesday evening, Dev is covering Charlie on the 8th and Jordan is also doing the Chart on friday in for Scott. 

It would appear WB 20th Aug that Scott and Chris are on Breakfast again (although the website still says Grimmy :D) and Jordan will be covering their show. Jordan’s also doing weekend breakfast on 19th, with Maya covering his normal show.

Some interesting scheduling on Friday 24th:

10:00 Radio 1s Greatest Hits with Maya and Jordan

12:00 Greg James live from Reading festival 

2:00 Matt and Mollie live from reading festival 

I presume that Scott is doing a show live from Reading later in the weekend as I think he announced that he was doing a show from there didn’t he? 

Saturday 25th:

6:00 Cel Spellman (Uhhhh)

10:00 Greatest Hits with Maya and Jordan live from Reading

12:00 Scott and Chris live from Reading

2:00 Matt and Mollie live from Reading

4:00 Dance Anthems with Arielle Free

7:00 DJ Target live from Reading 

9:00 Charlie Sloth Live from Reading

Sunday 26th:

6:00 Adele Roberts 

Rest of schedule the same until 4pm when it goes back to normal except

10:00 B Traits in for Phil Taggart 

Im amazed how much coverage they are doing from Reading this year!! 

10 minutes ago, rickbutterfield said:

Just caught up with the end of Chris' Friday podcast and he's on with Jordan on Monday

Ooh, that's a first. This could be good. It'll be a totally different dynamic, because unlike Scott, Matt, Dev or Alice, Jordan's younger than Chris.

On 8/13/2018 at 10:51 AM, Dan18F1 said:

Some interesting scheduling on Friday 24th:

10:00 Radio 1s Greatest Hits with Maya and Jordan

12:00 Greg James live from Reading festival 

2:00 Matt and Mollie live from reading festival 

I presume that Scott is doing a show live from Reading later in the weekend as I think he announced that he was doing a show from there didn’t he? 

So it now has Greg in with Clara in the Friday