Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

6 hours ago, Darren m said:

Just noticed Adele Roberts is in for Jordan on greatest hits on Sunday as he covers matts show again and she's in for Clara on Monday aswell seems odd they don't use maya jama 

That’s a late change then as it wasn’t there when I checked yesterday. Maybe Matt didn’t want to do 14 days of Radio in a row 

2 hours ago, Dan18F1 said:

That’s a late change then as it wasn’t there when I checked yesterday. Maybe Matt didn’t want to do 14 days of Radio in a row 

I seem to remember last Summer he did 3 weeks of Scotts show (2 weeks cos Breakfast cover and 1 which was Scotts Holiday) and he did the start and end weekend as well, someone else (Cel? or Jordan) doing the middle weekends so he did 7 in a row

I have known him to do 2 weeks of Scott cover in the past and do his weekend show as well - now they've got so many DJs on weekends cover is not an issue 

IMO Adele needs a better slot now, shes done her time on earlies 

1 hour ago, Dan18F1 said:

Pretty sure it’s the start of June but I’m not 100% sure

Probably after Biggest weekend

I wonder what shows will be from Swansea the week leading up to it? I remember last year Scott and Alice were on afternoons the week before live from Hull daily as they covered the Manchester aftermath on the Tuesday onwards playing music only for two days 

Maya is off again this weekend with Jordan doing her Greatest Hits show. That’s the third week when Maya has been off with her only supposed to be off for one. Seems a bit strange - She hasn’t actually been on since those controversial tweets came out. 

MistaJam's in to do the chart this week and next week, even though Sounds Like Friday Night finished last week and Greg's on both this week and next week.

I wonder whether he'll be going back to the chart at all, or if they're leaving MistaJam in place for the interim until Scott takes over.

3 hours ago, OohErr said:

MistaJam's in to do the chart this week and next week, even though Sounds Like Friday Night finished last week and Greg's on both this week and next week.

I wonder whether he'll be going back to the chart at all, or if they're leaving MistaJam in place for the interim until Scott takes over.

I was thinking the same. It would be a shame for him not to have a final chart & dance anthems show, especially since that would also be the end of Dance Anthems on a Friday as well. He's mentioned it on air a couple of times recently, saying things like "I'm your man for all things chart! Until June, then they're axing me" and just yesterday, he said they were sacking him from the chart! All in jest I'm sure. :P

1 hour ago, Chris D said:

I was thinking the same. It would be a shame for him not to have a final chart & dance anthems show, especially since that would also be the end of Dance Anthems on a Friday as well. He's mentioned it on air a couple of times recently, saying things like "I'm your man for all things chart! Until June, then they're axing me" and just yesterday, he said they were sacking him from the chart! All in jest I'm sure. :P

I am convinced this is part of a bigger scheme, Mills will become the "front man" for R1, doing the chart, and I can see them installing him on the Breakfast show as well 

38 minutes ago, Aleks_ said:

Okay, so Scott and Chris are playing their usual bangers game today, but when they were in for brekkie last time, they did Grimmy's game (his choice or celeb gamble). Not complaining though. 

Presumably it’s his normal team then rather than grimmys team. 

9 hours ago, Aleks_ said:

Okay, so Scott and Chris are playing their usual bangers game today, but when they were in for brekkie last time, they did Grimmy's game (his choice or celeb gamble). Not complaining though. 

I think that's because they covered for Grimmy at short notice with his production team, (sure they spoke to Fefe like Grimmy does as well) and Tina doing news, where as today, it will be Mark Lockett and team Mills producing as its "planned" Grimmy leave hence it's basically a Mills show but in the morning as opposed to afternoon, although this never used to happen in the Moyles days - if Moyles was off at short notice someone else used to cover and Mills only covered the "planned leave" wonder why that was ? 

4 hours ago, Darren m said:

Sounded brill this morning on breakfast they should get the show all the time and put Matt and mollie in the afternoon, don't forget Matt and mollie are on afternoons this week

Just listened back, and yes bloody brilliant radio, he so needs to get that slot permenently before he leaves R1 

I am so convinced its only a matter of time and he will be in it, the current schedule changes are suttle but getting rid of the "get rid of Moyles" strategy, I reckon Aled is installing Mills the best DJ on the busiest shows, Mon-Thu breakfast and the chart so he is todays version of someone like Blackburn or Mayo, and Grimmy will end up somewhere else on the schedule (Mon-Thu 7-9 and only annie on a Friday?) 

On 14.05.2018 at 6:11 PM, Dan18F1 said:

Did anyone hear Matt and Mollie today? Were they any good? 

Yeah, pretty good. I like Mollie, but I still can't get used to this format of Matt and a celeb co-host. And if I had the choice, I preferred Matt with Example. Still - a decent show, they've played 'license to spell' and talked about Mollie's weird sweating.

Oh and I don't know if they'll make it a regular feature (hopefully not, not my cup of tea) - ever since Matt got a co-host they tend to tease a couple of next songs with some sort of pun or reference. It feels a bit forced to me.

Some changes over the next couple of weeks:

Jordan and Maya are both doing the Greatest Hits together on Saturday presumably in preparation for the Biggest Weekend. 

Then on Sunday, Cel is doing the Greatest Hits with Jordan doing Matts Show. 

Then all next week, the DJs are doing one show each from Swansea so Greg on Monday, Scott on Tuesday, Clara on Wednesday and Grimmy invite Thursday. Greg is also back on the chart on that Friday. 

The Biggest Weekend schedule has already been posted above. 

The week after has Adele doing the breakfast show on the Monday and Phil doing Annie’s show in Monday as well. At the moment there is no presenter doing the Early Breakfast Show. 

13 minutes ago, Dan18F1 said:

The week after has Adele doing the breakfast show on the Monday and Phil doing Annie’s show in Monday as well. At the moment there is no presenter doing the Early Breakfast Show. 

Will probably be Jordan. It is a bank holiday on the 28th (or at least it is here in Scotland).

24 minutes ago, Jordan12 said:

Will probably be Jordan. It is a bank holiday on the 28th (or at least it is here in Scotland).

I thought it might be Yasser since he’d have been doing Weekend Breakfast over the weekend and it would save Jordan having to travel back from Swansea on Sunday night.