Radio 1 Christmas Schedule Predictions
0

21 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Saturday 23rd & Xmas Ever
Normal weekend line-up
Xmas Day
6-10am Scott and Chris at Breakfast.
10-7pm Radio 1's Greatest Hits Show non-stop Anthems.
Boxing Day & Weds 27th
04:00-06:30 Jordan North
06:30-10:00 The Radio 1 Breakfast show with Scott Mills and Chris Stark.
10:00-13:00 The Best of the Live Lounge with Clara Amfo
13:00-16:00 Katie Thisleton and Cel Spellman.
16:00-19:00 The Best of the Big Weekend with Matt Edmondson
Thurs 28th
Same as before hand only one difference
16:00-19:00 2017/2018 Movies with Ali Plum
Fri 29th
16:00-19:00 The Official Chart of the Year with Matt Edmondson.
Sat 30th
06:00-10:00 Dev
10:00-13:00 Radio 1's Greatest Hits Show with Yasser
13:00-16:00 Alice Levine
16:00-19:00 Dance Anthems with Mista Jam
New Year's Eve
06:00-10:00 Dev
10:00-13:00 Radio 1's Greatest Hits Show with Yasser
13:00-16:00 Alice Levine
16:00-19:00 New Year's Eve Bangers with Scott and Chris
19:00-06:00 New Year's Eve Stuff?
New Year's Day
06:00-10:00 Dev
10:00-19:00 Radio 1's Greatest Hits Show






Sent from my SM-A520F using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordan live from 4-7 on Christmas day! The poor lad. He'll have been depping on R1 for three years come Christmas, and yet all he has to show for it is a live show slap bang in the middle of Christmas afternoon, meaning that he'll probably be down in London instead of with his family in Preston. That sucks. Although Adele will have been on earlies for three years come April/May (I'm never sure exactly when, because towards the end of her Early Breakfast stint, Gemma just stopped showing up meaning Adele was on most of the time anyway!), so maybe a reshuffle is imminent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christmas Schedule 2017:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2255103/radio-1-christmas-schedule#latest

Key points:

  • Maya Jama in for Alice on 23rd/24th
  • R1 Superstar Playlist returns Christmas Day 10am-4pm
  • Boxing Day 1pm-4pm TBA so perhaps that's Dev?
  • 27th is Live Lounge rewind day until 4pm
  • 28th Is Nixtape day until 7pm
  • 29th is Chart of 2017 day until 7pm
  • Luke Franks in for Alice on the 30th/31st, he's also on NYD 10am-1pm
  • Cel & Katie doing a NYE Dance Classics show 4pm-7pm, also on 1pm-4pm on the 2nd-5th
  • Jordan North hosts the NYE into NYD show from 7pm (Looks like a pre-recorded show) and then is on Breakfast on NYD and on the 10am-1pm slot from the 2nd-5th
  • Katie Thistleton is on 1pm-4pm NYD
  • Scott & Chris on Breakfast 2nd-5th
  • Dev on Drivetime 2nd-4th, MistaJam on the chart on the 5th
Edited by TMD_24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know when the full Newsbeat finishes and resumes? I'd assume they'd go up to the 22nd December, and then return on Wednesday 3rd January?

Chris Smith will be reading the boxing Day news, he always seems to do a random day during the Christmas period. 

 

EDIT: I didn't realise the schedule was already up on the website. Newsbeat is back on the 2nd (quite early). I notice Katie Thisleton and Julia Hardy are both down for a couple of days of early breakfast each between Christmas and New Year, but nobody is down to be doing it the week after.

Edited by OohErr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OohErr said:

Does anyone know when the full Newsbeat finishes and resumes? I'd assume they'd go up to the 22nd December, and then return on Wednesday 3rd January?

Chris Smith will be reading the boxing Day news, he always seems to do a random day during the Christmas period. 

 

EDIT: I didn't realise the schedule was already up on the website. Newsbeat is back on the 2nd (quite early). I notice Katie Thisleton and Julia Hardy are both down for a couple of days of early breakfast each between Christmas and New Year, but nobody is down to be doing it the week after.

My money is on Steve Holden doing the Christmas Day news. He's done it for a couple of years now. I expect Simon Mundie will be doing a day over Christmas & New Year too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one on earlies the week after then would have thought Jordan would have picked that up and Matt the 10-1 slot

 

Also seems none of the daytime DJs are about bar Scott and Adele all over the period

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lee E said:

No one on earlies the week after then would have thought Jordan would have picked that up and Matt the 10-1 slot

I assume it will probably someone like Yasser or Nick Bright in that week (They are about the only cover DJs not on), I think Jordan will get some time off as he is on pretty much every day. It's amazing so many of the regular DJs are off: Greg, Clara, Grimmy and Alice don't appear much at all.

 

I wouldn't be to surprised to see Matt or Alice leave the station before long, they have bot had so many weekends off, its hard to see that continuing much longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, THIS IS THE BBC said:

I assume it will probably someone like Yasser or Nick Bright in that week (They are about the only cover DJs not on), I think Jordan will get some time off as he is on pretty much every day. It's amazing so many of the regular DJs are off: Greg, Clara, Grimmy and Alice don't appear much at all.

 

I wouldn't be to surprised to see Matt or Alice leave the station before long, they have bot had so many weekends off, its hard to see that continuing much longer.

Tuesday 2nd-Friday 5th January 4am-6:30am is just billed as 'Christmas and New Year on Radio 1', so I imagine it's just pre-records of some kind.

Jordan is on early breakfast from Monday 8th-Wednesday 10th January and Adele returns on the 11th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adele, Scott/Chris and Dev appear to be the only regular daytime DJs working over the period with Matt and Alice appearing a little 

Scott is working hardest I would say 3 weeks of breakfast cover

I so hope if Grimmy goes Scott or Greg gets Breakfast for at least a couple years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/12/2017 at 8:40 AM, Jordan12 said:

Tuesday 2nd-Friday 5th January 4am-6:30am is just billed as 'Christmas and New Year on Radio 1', so I imagine it's just pre-records of some kind.

Jordan is on early breakfast from Monday 8th-Wednesday 10th January and Adele returns on the 11th.

The first week early slot has now been filled. Will Best is presenting that week. Another minor change is that Daniel P Carter is in for Annie Mac on NYD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah goody - another ex-T4 presenter on Radio 1. Looks like they were scraping the barrel a bit though. Why couldn't they have got someone from commercial or student radio in :(

Edited by OohErr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised it's him - thought it would be Yasser or Luke Franks. Nick Bright is covering A.Dot on 1Xtra Breakfast that week and Katie and Cel are doing Scott's show so they're not free either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this Jordan North - his very own trail, the flagship NYE show, it must be building up to something, mustn't it - a March reshuffle? I almost feel like he's been depping for so long, he really deserves a fastrack to daytime...

Will 2018 finally be the year Grimmy is shown the door?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/12/2017 at 4:48 PM, Jordan12 said:

My money is on Steve Holden doing the Christmas Day news. He's done it for a couple of years now. I expect Simon Mundie will be doing a day over Christmas & New Year too.

My prediction was wrong. It's Sinead covering the news today. Am I right in thinking that the news stops at 12:30pm? I seem to remember it did on Christmas Day last year. Chris Smith does tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

0