Unofficial Mills

Bangers Mix

Lee E

Loved it but I Hope it’s not a gear up for bigger things like a full ‘bangers show’ or a swap with Matt who already seems to now control such a show.

matt edmondsons last podcast before he went away in September he talked about the podcast returning and stories in October but so far he’s been stuck still doing the ‘Greatest Hits Show’ and the one feature remaining that fits in parents vs kids quiz. Don’t know how long this will carry on for or even if he anticipated it

I'm never a fan of "here's 15 minutes/half an hour/an hour of massive tunes" features - it's just a lazy way of filling time without being creative. Okay if it's just once a week, with genuinely good songs, but they're overdone on Radio 1 at the moment imo. What Scott's show needs for the 3:30 half hour is a new quiz, in the tradition of Oh! What's Occurring and Real or No Real occupying that time since he started on the 1-4 show. 

2 hours ago, Acelink said:

matt edmondsons last podcast before he went away in September he talked about the podcast returning and stories in October but so far he’s been stuck still doing the ‘Greatest Hits Show’ and the one feature remaining that fits in parents vs kids quiz. Don’t know how long this will carry on for or even if he anticipated it

I echo this - it's clear that Radio 1 made a spontaneous decision without really thinking it through, when they saw how popular the Greatest Hits shows were. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed them - but six hours a week of them in place of Matt's regular show? Nah. Just make it the last hour of Saturday or Sunday's show and let Matt have his show back. I can't see it lasting too long as it is. Perhaps to the end of the year at the most, but I'm fairly sure that come January it'll be back to normal. Besides, the novelty of songs from the 60s, 70s and 80s has already gone because the recent shows have skewed towards newer songs anyway. 

Oh, and one more thing - I HATE the Parents vs Kids Quiz. Such a naff feature, and very out of target.