Unofficial Mills

50th Birthday Celebrations

OohErr

Oh my god Chris Moyles. An hour isn't enough. How can attain Adrian Juste and Chris Moyles both get the same amount of time?? Life isn't fair. But oh my god it's so good to hear the Cheesy Song again, and I've never heard the birth of Nana Windows before now. I feel a bit emotional tbh.

3 hours ago, OohErr said:

Oh my god Chris Moyles. An hour isn't enough. How can attain Adrian Juste and Chris Moyles both get the same amount of time?? Life isn't fair. But oh my god it's so good to hear the Cheesy Song again, and I've never heard the birth of Nana Windows before now. I feel a bit emotional tbh.

I listened to Adrian Juste - who reminded me of Mark and Lard - and it made me wonder if people will be just as bemused about Scott's features in 25 years time.

4 hours ago, OohErr said:

I've never heard the birth of Nana Windows before now. I feel a bit emotional tbh.

I knew the song but didn't realise it was all to do with St George's Day :D I'd forgot about Roy Walker doing about Carpark Catchphrase, tragically! I see he still managed to get some Radio X plugs in there - I wondered if there would be a mention or they'd try to avoid him getting publicity.

I haven't listened to the full interview yet, but from the sounds of the show intro, Mark and Lard weren't actually together when it was recorded. Shame.

Also, shame there wasn't any Rabbi Lionel Blair and Lard's Classic Cuts in the highlights show - those were two standout features, perhaps they were deemed a bit too risqué for 2017.

I'm attempting to listen to every single show on vintage before I goes from the IPlayer. Currently on Nicky Campbell didn't realise he had been on R1. Learning so much. Well done Ben Cooper and everyone who put this together. I love how all the shows are mixed up Classic albums followed by Fearne and Reggie. Genius. Anyone know where the podcasts are that they mention at the start of each of the shows?

Sent from my SM-A520F using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally done it. Just finished listening to all 50 hours of R1 Vintage. I loved every minute of it. Even when I heard tracks and genres that usually I would switch off. I have sacrificed not licensing to any any live Radio or music and made it through. Thank you BBC for reminding just how much Radio 1has meant to me over the years. I shall be keeping with Vintage themes and be writing Mr Cooper a letter. What was everyone's personal highlights?

Sent from my SM-A520F using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app