Unofficial Mills

Schedule Re-Think is Imminent!

welovemoyles

No it's not fake news. It's just my prediction. With Radio 1 heading into it's Golden Year in September. Me thinks they will be having a re-Think.

If so the bosses plans are already set in stone with the Line-up knowing there places.

So I do believe it's time for Gregory James for Brekkie with a straight swap with Grimshaw.

Also feel it could be promotions time for the likes of Matt Edmondson and Alice Levine.

Sad news would be people leaving aswell. Dev is more than likely to be the first victim.

So what's everyone's thoughts on what may or may not happen?

Sent from my SM-A520F using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

This would be my ideal Weekday Schedule:

Breakfast - Greg James

Mid Morning - Alice Levine

Early Afternoon - Matt Edmondson

Drivetime - Scott Mills

I know the chances of that happening are very very minimal. Grimmy is just not interesting and neither is Clara, they could probably go on Breakfast and Mid Morning weekend I guess.

There definitely needs to be a bit of a shakeup. I would go for something along the lines of:

04:00 - Jordan North

06:30 - Greg James

10:00 - Alice Levine

13:00 - Matt Edmondson

16:00 - Scott Mills & Chris Stark (doubt they would be moved back, but they are still by far the best show at the station and if Scott is to leave R1 over the next few years, but him back on drivetime for his final bit)

19:00 - Annie Mac (or MistaJam. Enjoyed his cover)

Grimmy and Clara's shows I just find a bit stale and dull. Give Greg a chance now at breakfast and Chris Smith moving to doing the news in the morning and being an essential part of Greg's show. I think, judging by the article the other day, Tina is planning on moving on quite soon - I will miss her though.

Radio 1 in general at the minute I think needs a change. It will never be the years of Moyles, Whiley, Coxy, Zane Lowe etc. again, but it always sounded fresh and had a lot of personality then and did things differently - time to bring a bit of that back. And find some new "radio" people who really have a passion for radio, instead of CBBC presenters...

2 hours ago, OohErr said:

04:00-06:30 Tim Farron

06:30-10:00 The Radio 1 Breakfast Show with Theresa and Arlene

10:00-12:45 Nicola Sturgeon

13:00-16:00 Caroline Lucas (Mon-Wed) / Jonathan Bartley (Thu-Sat)

16:00-19:00 Jeremy Corbyn

19:00-21:00 MistaJam

Thoughts?

Stick Boris Johnson on the chart show and you have a winner.

23 minutes ago, Frermanian said:

Stick Boris Johnson on the chart show and you have a winner.

I would also put Leanne Wood at 19:00-21:00, R1 Takeover with Diane Abbott from 21:00-22:00 and Nigel Dodds from 22:00-01:00. Weekly Playlist to be picked by the Queen and Radio 1 to be controlled by the Daily Mail. 

I think Newsbeat should be rebranded The Sun and the biased BBC should stop being so damn scared and replace Ben Cooper with that nice Rupert Murdoch fella - it's time things were shaken up a bit. 

Playlist to consist of just the national anthem and football chants. 

Change the station logo to a 1 that slants right rather than left. 

The public have spoken and it's time to respect their wishes. 

Actually, I think Diane Abbott would be great on the chart - "and now a new entry at number 72, which means it's the biggest selling single in the UK this week, it's Liar Liar. I'll play you the number 23 after that, and we'll run down the top 10-36".

The Official Chart with Diane Abbott - every Goosday from 4pm-76:30.

I'd ideally rather Grimmy stop on Breakfast and Scott and Greg where they are, as I'm more likely to listen in the afternoon.

Still would love something special for Radio 1's 50th, archive recordings, chats with past DJ's etc. They did it well I thought in 2007 with the 40th. I imagine some DJ's would be easier to get involved than others, Sara Cox, Mark Radcliffe, Steve Wright, Simon Mayo would probably be up for something. Not so much DLT, Marc Riley or Chris Moyles I'd imagine.

on the grid.

I suspect Moyles would maybe take part as he is the longest breakfast presenter, although cant see him co presenting the breakfast show with the guy who replaced him, who is rapidly (for all the criticism he gets) catching up with the great saviour.

Coxy, Wrighty, Mayo would defo get involved without a doubt as would Jo Whiley maybe.

I highly doubt Moyles would be involved. For a start, he does the breakfast show on another station (if he's still on by then) so I doubt the BBC would want to promote that, even if it might help get rid of their older listeners.

Plus, Chris has mentioned how there's a bit of bad blood between him and Radio 1 - he says the only person from Radio 1 who stayed in touch with him (apart from Dom, Pippa and Aled I guess) was Westwood, who himself was binned off not long after. Plus there's the constant Scott Mills jibes (and Chris said on air a few times that he's weird) and it basically looks like he alienated a lot of people at Radio 1 - which was fine when he was doing the most successful breakfast show they've ever had, but less so now. There's also the way Radio 1 like to pretend that he never happened - I don't expect them to mention him every day, or even very often at all, but even straight after he left it was like he'd ceased to exist, and there are sometimes jokes at his expense without his name being mentioned. I think Greg genuinely admires him, but the rest seem to think he's an arse. So that's why I think a Moyles appearance at Radio 1's 50th is unlikely.

Some people have suggested that because they're still futilely trying to lower the average age of the listeners, they won't acknowledge the birthday at all, or if they do, they'll do it in a very low key way.

9 hours ago, OohErr said:

I doubt there'll be any changes, at the end of the day it's still Ben Cooper calling the shots, and he seems pretty happy running the station into the ground for the time being. On a side note, can you imagine lovely Aled firing anyone?

It's unlikely but if he does, can Matt be the first one out the door and replace him with somebody who actually bothers to do his contracted hours?

I have done a little research and, since the start of this year, Matt has had five full weekends off and four half weekends off (half meaning does one out of two days).

Does anyone else think holiday entitlement is too generous? For example, Clara does five shows a week at almost three hours long and still manages to fit other commitments around that.

10 minutes ago, Jordan12 said:

I have done a little research and, since the start of this year, Matt has had five full weekends off and four half weekends off (half meaning does one out of two days).

Does anyone else think holiday entitlement is too generous? For example, Clara does five shows a week at almost three hours long and still manages to fit other commitments around that.

If anyone should go out the door for not working it should be Grimmy. There are 2 main reasons why Matt has quite a few weekends off

1) He's been a father since late last year and possibly has a lot of baby commitements.

2) Grimmy has been off A LOT (3-4 weeks at least this year so far). This means Scott has been covering breakfast a lot, which means Matt has been on weekday afternoons a lot. You cant expect the presenters to do all 7 days!

If you actually compare Matt's days off compared to Grimmy's, Matt has probably had around 14 days off while Grimmy has had at least 15-20!