Unofficial Mills

Chris Start post-Scott

Frermanian

Okay so lots of speculations that Scott could be leaving soon. Whether or not that be true, he's gonna leave sooner or later, and he probably won't be taking Chris Stark with him.

SO what's gonna happen with Chris? Most likely option maybe is co-hosting with Alice, given Chris never having done a show by himself before and Alice being a good co-presenter as proved by history.

Another idea: Chris doing a similar show to something like Cel did on a weekend? Something to do with viral videos, trending music or something similar, being as he went viral thanks to Mila Kunis and all that. (He's a perfectly good radio presenter in his own right, but that MIla Kunis video will always be there.)

Maybe an hour long show or something completely by himself, just to get him into the groove of driving the desk himself etc? Then after he's become skilled with that, then move him up as a solo presenter?

The problem is that he came to Radio 1 as Scott's mate so when Scott goes, what happens with him? My guess is he'll focus mainly on the BBC Three documentaries he's been doing and also some Radio 1 Stories documentaries. They'll probably give him a weekly show on the Radio 1 iPlayer rounding up the week's viral videos and big online things. 

Radio-wise, he might not even want to be a solo presenter and R1 may not see him as one. He could get trained up as an Assistant Producer on one of the shows who contributes on-air from time to time. He could just hang around in the background contributing to some features across the schedule when needed- pops up to play Initial Reaction with Matt, does Rage with Greg sometimes, goes out and does stunts/ interviews/ funny things for the breakfast show? Or they could decide to make him a co-host with Matt or Alice. One of them will probably be taking over afternoons when Scott leaves so they could just leave Chris on the show as the audience is used to him and it would help Matt or Alice settle in as weekday presenters (there are times I think Matt could really do with a co-host).

When they have covered Scott at short notice I.e. the Mills team is there but Scott isn't odd days illness etc then Chris is there as rostered
He was doing stuff with Scott as far back as 2010 time I think if you listen to shows
I thought he was one of the producers of Scott's show anyway? I know TOWDS and Becky were
Who are Scott's producers now we never hear them apart from Chris? We hear Grimmys and Greg's all the time

Sent from my SM-G925F using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

34 minutes ago, Lee E said:

When they have covered Scott at short notice I.e. the Mills team is there but Scott isn't odd days illness etc then Chris is there as rostered
He was doing stuff with Scott as far back as 2010 time I think if you listen to shows
I thought he was one of the producers of Scott's show anyway? I know TOWDS and Becky were
Who are Scott's producers now we never hear them apart from Chris? We hear Grimmys and Greg's all the time

Sent from my SM-G925F using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

I remember Scott getting his mate "Football Chris" on the phone around about the 2010 World Cup, because he collected every piece of merchandise he could find or something like that.

Scott's producers now are Mark Lockett Monday - Thursday, https://twitter.com/marklockett, Chris Sawyer on Fridays https://twitter.com/ahchrissawyer and the AP is Tom Whiter https://twitter.com/TomWhiter. Not sure which one is HRH though.

14 minutes ago, OohErr said:

I remember Scott getting his mate "Football Chris" on the phone around about the 2010 World Cup, because he collected every piece of merchandise he could find or something like that.

Scott's producers now are Mark Lockett Monday - Thursday, https://twitter.com/marklockett, Chris Sawyer on Fridays https://twitter.com/ahchrissawyer and the AP is Tom Whiter https://twitter.com/TomWhiter. Not sure which one is HRH though.

Whats HRH?

7 hours ago, Jono said:

The good thing about Chris is he can literally slot into any show and still seem a good fit - whether that's with Greg James, Alice Levine, Matt Edmondson, etc.

I wonder if they would do to Greg what they did to Scott a few years ago, when Scott goes move him on to the 1 to 4 again and put one of the guys like Alice or Matt on drive with Chris? I however love Alice and Chris on the 1-4 when she has covered Scott - provided Scott didn't take the big show at R2 I would continue to listen to R1 with those two.

I would have to keep swapping my shifts for lates if Scott got a morning show on R2 - I also wonder if a commercial station will snap him up - Radio X could do the "go to work with Moyles and home with Mills" tag line from the early noughties R1 used to use

If anyone wants to hear some early Chris Stark appearances, the first I could find was the 8th June 2010 podcast when he thought Scott was going to be called up to play for England in the World Cup, and a very funny one on 29th June 2010 where he was talking about spending an entire month's wages on World Cup merchandise.

4 hours ago, BBC R1 Aza J Willz said:

I hope that Scott Mills lasts a a few more years at BBC R1 but I feel that Chris Stark works well with Scott

Sent from my iPhone using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

I think he will last a few more years, but we may see things like him covering on R2 hopefully not too soon because I love his R1 show, although on R2 I reckon we would hear more from him, as in he would get to do more talking and entertaining

On 4/18/2017 at 11:25 PM, Frermanian said:

Okay so lots of speculations that Scott could be leaving soon.

Source? Googling this up returns no recently dated results.

It's inevitable that Scott will be there forever - one day he will go. Chris Stark is a legend and a credit to the show, although he was referred to "Scott's mate" in the early days, there's no way that he was let in when Scott went in for his show, BBC security is top notch and they wouldn't have just let him follow Scott through the building without a check of some sort. Chris has actually broadcasted on his own, it was unplanned and for half an hour when Scott was ill, and Huw Stephens was on his way on the tube but was getting held up. I remember the start of the show Chris was like "erm" and lost for words, but he handled it really well. I'm not sure what'll happen to him radio-wise if Scott ever left. I can't seeing him do his own shows, he is better at the documentaries he does for BBC Three and other general BBC fun stuff (like Mastermind).

You can still often hear Scott referring to Chris as "my mate [Chris is here as well]".
I'd say that Chris is the exact R1 type of person and can't see him moving on with Scott, either to Radio 2 or any different station. But then again, he's also Scott's man. And I reckon Scott's said once that Chris's strongest feature is being loyal (I think it was The Best Friend Test with Dev).
Whatever they will have to do, let's just hope it won't happen for many more years.

Sent from my SM-G930F using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app