Unofficial Mills

Easter Weekend on Radio 1

thebeuter

10 Hour takeovers annoy me - all the people who request songs on the playlist wind me up. I bet the most requested dog will be bloody Harry Styles.

That always comes into my mind on the ten minute takeover. WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU REQUEST A SONG THAT'S BASICALLY PLAYED EVERY TEN MINUTES ANYWAY?

Sent from my D6503 using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

I never thought they'd be there all day, I thought there might be a bit more song vs song action going although. I really liked the little inserts from Scott and Chris made especially for each DJ, although shame there wasn't a new one for each hour.

Says a lot about the esteem Scott and Chris are held in that they were allowed to choose an entire day's worth of music. Nice to see Radio 1 showing Mills the respect he deserves.

Live Music Day was a bit meh imo. I'm not the biggest muso so it was never really gonna be my kind of thing, but surely they've got enough stuff in their archives from Big Weekends and Live Lounges gone by that they could do more than 2 live performances in a half hour.

Enjoyed the Ten Hour Takeover though, not too many playlist songs and some good tunes in there. I did at one point text in trying to get the 2009 news jingle played, but alas to no avail :( Did anyone here manage to get anything played?

23 hours ago, OohErr said:

I never thought they'd be there all day, I thought there might be a bit more song vs song action going although. I really liked the little inserts from Scott and Chris made especially for each DJ, although shame there wasn't a new one for each hour.

Says a lot about the esteem Scott and Chris are held in that they were allowed to choose an entire day's worth of music. Nice to see Radio 1 showing Mills the respect he deserves.

Live Music Day was a bit meh imo. I'm not the biggest muso so it was never really gonna be my kind of thing, but surely they've got enough stuff in their archives from Big Weekends and Live Lounges gone by that they could do more than 2 live performances in a half hour.

Enjoyed the Ten Hour Takeover though, not too many playlist songs and some good tunes in there. I did at one point text in trying to get the 2009 news jingle played, but alas to no avail :( Did anyone here manage to get anything played?

Nothing I am afraid, but I enjoyed bangers whilst at work in the morning, and in the afternoon while we tided the house ready to sell - Greg and Matt really ramped things up with the bangers, as opposed to the boring Amfo lady - she is very very cute, but her skill set is not a patch even on Grimmy but specially Scott

Yes true giving Scott the recognition he deserves, as the "senior" DJ on the station in service and experience, although not "senior" in the ranks of show

I keep wondering why all this Scott related stuff is happening, are they doing some build up to an announcement maybe when the 50th Birthday is going on about Scott leaving or am I reading too much into it

I would have loved to see Scott break the Moyles 52hr record on the Lolothon, what a final stand that would have been

I am really hoping that Scott will be one of the main presenters if not the lead presenter for the 50th celebrations later this year, being the most experienced and longest serving daytime DJ in situ, hopefully reuniting him with faces like Moyles, Cox, Ball, Dave Pearce etc etc

Hopefully some interesting documentaries on the TV surrounding it to watch hopefully presented by Mills - remember Moyles did one and met all the previous breakfast DJs except the ginger one

2 hours ago, Lee E said:

Nothing I am afraid, but I enjoyed bangers whilst at work in the morning, and in the afternoon while we tided the house ready to sell - Greg and Matt really ramped things up with the bangers, as opposed to the boring Amfo lady - she is very very cute, but her skill set is not a patch even on Grimmy but specially Scott

Yes true giving Scott the recognition he deserves, as the "senior" DJ on the station in service and experience, although not "senior" in the ranks of show

I keep wondering why all this Scott related stuff is happening, are they doing some build up to an announcement maybe when the 50th Birthday is going on about Scott leaving or am I reading too much into it

I would have loved to see Scott break the Moyles 52hr record on the Lolothon, what a final stand that would have been

I am really hoping that Scott will be one of the main presenters if not the lead presenter for the 50th celebrations later this year, being the most experienced and longest serving daytime DJ in situ, hopefully reuniting him with faces like Moyles, Cox, Ball, Dave Pearce etc etc

Hopefully some interesting documentaries on the TV surrounding it to watch hopefully presented by Mills - remember Moyles did one and met all the previous breakfast DJs except the ginger one

Love the idea of all the Scott-central stuff, I guess he has been the biggest presenter there throughout Radio 1's entire existence.

Remember a while ago they did the Access All Areas for the DJs (oh how I miss them)? Maybe a similar thing could happen but specifically for Scott as you say for the 50th. I mean, as much as I don't want it to happen, Radio 1's 50th birthday would be a big time to go, given all the nostalgia that will be surrounding it anyway. 

I reckon he will definitely be the lead guy over all of it though.

Probably reading too much into it again, but it does seem recently like Scott's had a freer attitude when presenting? Like just been a bit "what the hell" with content and stuff, I'm probably wrong but if you listen to some podcasts from a year or so ago they're a bit different.

Who knows.

Love the idea of all the Scott-central stuff, I guess he has been the biggest presenter there throughout Radio 1's entire existence.
Remember a while ago they did the Access All Areas for the DJs (oh how I miss them)? Maybe a similar thing could happen but specifically for Scott as you say for the 50th. I mean, as much as I don't want it to happen, Radio 1's 50th birthday would be a big time to go, given all the nostalgia that will be surrounding it anyway. 
I reckon he will definitely be the lead guy over all of it though.
Probably reading too much into it again, but it does seem recently like Scott's had a freer attitude when presenting? Like just been a bit "what the hell" with content and stuff, I'm probably wrong but if you listen to some podcasts from a year or so ago they're a bit different.
Who knows.

Yeah I've noticed he's abit more daring with his features and stuff he says but I think that's partly because he is the main entertainer of the station

Will be a very sad day when he does leave I tell you bigger than moyles leaving for sure
Remember he has been there almost as long as Moyles maybe by 2 years but still going

Sent from my SM-G925F using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app