Unofficial Mills

Mills to Present Radio 2 Show 10pm-2am

welovemoyles

One thing that I found striking at Big Weekend last year was the queues of people who were talking about their favourite DJs. It was Scott's name that came up various times. I mean it's hard to say how much these people listen to Radio 1,  but I think he remains the most recognisable name with young audiences. Now you could argue that's the strength of Scott's work, you could also argue Radio 1 has more to do to connect its audiences with the newer DJs.

Not the first time Scott has been on the ol' 2. A few months ago Dave Pearce did an New Year dance anthems all nighter on Radio 2, Scott called up Dave after leaving his gig. You'll probably see Scott switch between the two stations over the next couple of years or so.

on the grid.

• 2 months later...

Looks like he'll make another appearance on Radio 2 next month

I FEEL LOVE

Saturday 29 July, 7pm – 9.30pm. £10. Hull City Hall.

A special concert marking the 50th anniversary of sexual freedom in the UK, broadcast live on BBC Radio 2 and Red Button on TV.

Featuring a stellar line-up of artists including Will Young, Alison Moyet, Marc Almond, Bright Light Bright Light, Noah Stewart, Tom Robinson and Gay Abandon.

Presented by Scissor Sisters’ front woman Ana Matronic and BBC Radio 1’s Scott Mills.

• 3 months later...

So I reckon Mills transition over to R2 could go as follows. Couple more years on weekdays then move to weekends 10-1 or 1-4 allowing him to cover shows on R2 so the listeners their can get used to his voice. Then when the time is right he gets the nod. Be good to see Mills eventually take Steve Wright's slot.

Sent from my SM-A520F using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

I think he will go the same way Coxy did

I think Coxy will get the next permanent slot on 2, at which point he will come off of his slot to be replaced with someone like Grimmy coming off breakfast to make way for a newbie then Just covering loads of shows, so still full time on both stations, covering R1 breakfast and other slots still as well as R2 Breakfast, Drive and Ken Bruce's slot and maybe taking over Sounds of the xx's