Unofficial Mills

Mills to Present Radio 2 Show 10pm-2am

welovemoyles

Just been reading that Scott will present a one off show on Radio 2 tomorrow as part of Sara Cox's 24 Danceathon. Should be a good show.

Anyone else think this could be trial to see if he could fit Radio 2 as permant fixture in the future?

Sent from my SM-A520F using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

Just been reading that Scott will present a one off show on Radio 2 tomorrow as part of Sara Cox's 24 Danceathon. Should be a good show.
Anyone else think this could be trial to see if he could fit Radio 2 as permant fixture in the future?

Noooooooooo! I don't want to lose Mills! Even if he's 42, he still is the best DJ Radio 1 has got.

Sent from my D6503 using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

The time always comes I'm afraid. I'm sure the Grim Reaper will be sniffing around Radio 1 soon

But not Mills! He's the heart of the station and many people's idol. The Grim Reaper may take all the others (apart from Greg and Adele) but not him!

1 hour ago, thebeuter said:

He's not the one for R2. He's not serious enough for their old audience (sorry to anyone who's feeling offended now) and they don't play his kind of music either. All his features, like Bingo or Bangers, would not really work there.

You forget, though, that Scott has changed his act and modernised to stay on R1 into his 40s. Also, his "kind of music" probably isn't the R1 playlist- I'd say he has a very broad taste in music and would adapt to the R2 playlist. And he obviously wouldn't be bringing Innuendo Bingo or Bangers across to R2- he'd be on a different station doing a different show and would come up with new features and games to suit the R2 audience.

You forget, though, that Scott has changed his act and modernised to stay on R1 into his 40s. Also, his "kind of music" probably isn't the R1 playlist- I'd say he has a very broad taste in music and would adapt to the R2 playlist. And he obviously wouldn't be bringing Innuendo Bingo or Bangers across to R2- he'd be on a different station doing a different show and would come up with new features and games to suit the R2 audience.

And I would miss his features

On 19/03/2017 at 11:29 AM, WELOVEMOYLESPART2 said:

The time always comes I'm afraid. I'm sure the Grim Reaper will be sniffing around Radio 1 soon

It wouldn't be the first time the Radio 1 bosses have done such a thing with their best presenter(s). Losing Scott would be a huge loss though, simply down to the fact that he's head & shoulders above anyone else there imo.

As regards with Scott moving to Radio 2 in the near future, it can happen and I think will work even if he has to adapt a little. But by the time/if he goes R2, it'll have a different sound to now. I think pre 1980 music will feature a lot less, if at all during daytime hours.

Look at it this way, Radio 2 is a changing station even more so than Radio 1. How many presenters during Scott's Radio 1 years (or slightly before) work on Radio 2 now?

Chris Evans, Simon Mayo, Sara Cox, Dave Pearce, Mark Radcliffe, Jo Whiley etc. Plus one off shows.

Not only that but I think some long standing presenters will be moving on from there over the next 5 years to make room. Radio 2 took a big controversial decision with cutting "Sounds of the 60's", wrong or right they are moving to a different age themselves. They are aiming to pull in people like me, from their late 20's who've long outgrown Radio 1 to people approaching 50 now.

I gotta admit they are winning me over as well.

on the grid.

Really enjoyed Sounds of the 80s with Mills and Coxy. I think he could become Sara's cover when she's off. He said Radio 1 instead of 2 twice in a 4 hour show. Not bad going. Sara also joked the door was still open for her to join R2 when Jo Whiley jumped across. Nice to see they left it open for you also Scott. In which Mills replied with only temporary though LOL

It was weird listening to today's normal show and last night's R2 show and hearing the difference in style. He seemed more chilled and mature (aware he was broadcasting to an older audience) and was clearly enjoying some of the 80s music. Back on R1 today, you can tell some of the more youthful aspects to his personality are emphasised, which is what's kept him relevant and still going strong on afternoons!

2 hours ago, OohErr said:

I'm listening back to a bit of it - it reminds me of that clip knocking about of Scott on Heart in 1996 where he's doing the All Requests Lunchbreak - he definitely went a bit more posh than usual. Not bad from what I've heard, but a bit weird hearing him not on R1.

Do you know where one can get the clip

8 hours ago, josie88 said:

One of my favourite things about this is that on Heart's afternoon show in 1996, Chris Smith was reading the news for Scott. And 21 years later, on Radio 1's afternoon show, Chris Smith is reading the news for Scott.