Unofficial Mills

Alice Levine in for Greg James

Jono

Some of you have mixed opinions on Alice but I think she's a great cover present for Greg this week on afternoons. It's refreshing to hear someone else on afternoons other than Dev (no offence to Dev!) and I really like her sense of humour.

I think she's brilliant. I know Dev has his fans here but I turn off the radio when he's covering for Greg- he's fine for weekend breakfast and is a good DJ but not weekday material. Alice is only doing Monday-Wednesday unfortunately, it's Dev from Thursday until next Friday.

Alice is just naturally funny and witty, has good features and content and her show sounds distinctive imaging-wise by using instrumental beds of playlist songs during some links. I also think she's really improved as a radio presenter technically- much more slick and seems to be better with timing and links. She's the clear frontrunner for a daytime show IMO.

The breakfast show has been phoning it in for a while now. No new features, no sense of occasion and the show has lost its spark. Grimmy doesn't sound as bothered anymore. Maybe it could do with a change of production team but I think the show has reached its natural end. I'd be very happy with Greg on breakfast, then Clara followed by Scott with Alice Levine on Drive. I reckon Grimmy might want to go to weekends when the breakfast show finishes anyway.

I fully agree with the above, Alice is a star and is surely a frontrunner for a daytime slot. I always thought it was a strange decision to put Clara over Alice in the mid-morning show but I suppose it would make sense to leave her open to maybe take over Greg one day.

Saying that Dev is fantastic so I'd be happy with either.

In terms of breakfast I kitted out the car with DAB radio so Moyles has taken over Grimmy for me.

I've been loving Alice in the afternoons (and I seem to be Dev's biggest cheerleader on this site). It's so fresh, and I agree with murste in saying she's sounding a lot slicker of late - all she needs to do now is play song intros/the news ramp a tad louder so we can actually hear it before the vocal comes in (although this is a really, really fussy point).

What's Alice's background? Did she do radio before Radio 1?

• 2 weeks later...

We might see more of Alice or Dev in an interesting development of Mr Greg James himself presenting BT's coverage of Australian Cricket:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3799171/Fury-pay-cut-cancer-victim-Supporters-Direct-furore-Jon-Moss-Anthony-Taylor-s-dinner-appearance-rumbles-on.html

Although this is Charles Sale so he can be easily wrong.