Unofficial Mills

Scott's on Breakfast

matthewm192

Mr Mills is saving us all for the next three mornings whist Mr Grimshaw is in Italy.  That means for three days only we get the intro back which Grimmy seems to have completely gotten rid of now :/ (he started today's show with a TOH ID, which kind of takes the excitment out of the whole 'It's 6:33 now it's time for the Radio 1 Breakfast Show with Nick Grimshaw' from Tina.) 

In other news Mr Edmonson is in 1-4 for Scott.

It actually annoys me that Grimmy has got rid of the opener, and a lot of the beds from the package too! It's the flagship show and also signals the start of the day, it deserves to have the epic opener and standout sound that was created for it! The fact that Scott has gone back to using the original opener is great, it would be even better if he started using some of the beds again, like these new ones that were made for example!

I know and next week Scott and Chris are in on Wednesday and Thursday, then grimmy is back on Friday!

Sent from my iPad using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

That's because Radio 1 in Ibiza is next weekend - so Grimmy is hosting the breakfast show live from there. I presume sometime soon after that we'd have a longer stint from Scott and Chris.

Sent from my iPhone using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

So Scott and Chris are on Breakfast this week and as always I look forward to it. Random banter, great music from yesteryear and today, and and early edition of Real Or No Real at 7:15am! But if there's one thing I look forward to the most and even more than ever now, it's the opening. With the same music as Grimmy's show (yes, THAT theme that he ditched to play random shizzle each morning now...buerk :grrr:), I still can't believe that nearly 2 years after they were ditched, the 2012 VO of "The Radio 1 Breakfast Show with Scott Mills" is still used - it's the one created for Grimmy's takeover in September 2012. It still sounds great, however these days I've noticed they don't use the TOTH jingles anymore like they used to, these were ditched about a year ago.

Enjoy Scott and Chris' opening - it's effortlessly brilliant. They have clearly prepared things to say, engage with their audience well. A severe lack of 1Tros on the show today which was a shame, and the 2012 VOs sound dated and messy (as discussed before, I'm sure a "with Scott Mills" won't cost too much to be voiced up). 

Hate to be the one to say it - but I'm not sure that they're actually suited to breakfast. Something about them doesn't scream "breakfast radio" at me, and I'm not sure what that is. 

Also nice to hear Simon Munday & Chris Smith with the news (pun intentional), but nothing beats Tina.