Unofficial Mills

Radio 1's Summer Mixes are returning

Jono

What did people think of these last year? I enjoyed them - an hour of music in the morning and evening, and available on the iPlayer Radio app shortly after.

It's easy radio, and probably a bit lazy, but it used to help start my day in the office.

Oh no, not again. A nice idea, but last year it was overkill - twice a day for six weeks became grating. Plus it means Greg Dev, and to a lesser extent Grimmy  an hour of content every day. That's particularly bad for Greg's show when the 6-7 hour has the Mayor of Where/Chris Smith contributing. The last time they did summer mixes, Chris Smith was effectively phased out from the show and hasn't been on it as much since :(

Looks like these are going to start this Monday, as the title of the Breakfast Show is 'Mixed up Summer....' also mentions it in the description.  However no mention of it in Greg's 6-7 spot - the title is simply '18/07/2016' with the description discussing the 10 Minute Takeover - and his production team have edited Tuesday's title and description so I'd expect they'd have changed Monday's if it was going to be taken up by a Summer Mix. So maybe (hopefully) they've been reduced to just the one during the breakfast show. 

I figured more of the new imaging would be used, good way to phase it in (if that is the plan). Oh well.

Few new sounds in there or so I thought.

Was hoping for an hour of music which is a shame. It was a little confusing tuning into Clara at ten yesterday and finding out it had already started.

That said I liked the crossover between Scott and Greg.

Sent from my iPhone using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app