Unofficial Mills

2016 Power Intros

Ant L

1 hour ago, OohErr said:

What do you mean - three songs at the TOH followed by a ramp into the fourth?

That's how this all started off with NMF last april! 3 songs into a Ramp on the 4th or a Bed... i've noticed on a few shows they've tones it down a bit (still got the poorly inserted "GREG JAMES" on his shows though, wish they'd just change everything over now... although the move from Wogan House to the 8th floor for the imaging producers over the last few weeks probably hasn't helped that! 

That's how this all started off with NMF last april! 3 songs into a Ramp on the 4th or a Bed... i've noticed on a few shows they've tones it down a bit (still got the poorly inserted "GREG JAMES" on his shows though, wish they'd just change everything over now... although the move from Wogan House to the 8th floor for the imaging producers over the last few weeks probably hasn't helped that! 

Really? The imaging producers weren't in the same building!?

If it sounded like that all the time then I would have accepted the current set longer!

I think Dev might be in trouble with someone who has produced the new ID's and someone at R1 overall. He had a bit of a moment this morning when he played a new ID with a dubstep music background and described it as, 'A bit pissy' so stopped and switched to an old ID halfway thorough. If you want to hear the incident again then listen to this mornings show and skip to 47:12.

6 hours ago, TMD_24 said:

If it sounded like that all the time then I would have accepted the current set longer!

I think Dev might be in trouble with someone who has produced the new ID's and someone at R1 overall. He had a bit of a moment this morning when he played a new ID with a dubstep music background and described it as, 'A bit pissy' so stopped and switched to an old ID halfway thorough. If you want to hear the incident again then listen to this mornings show and skip to 47:12.

I'm sure he said "busy" not "pissy".

The bed was pretty aggressive in fairness.

12 minutes ago, Ant L said:

I'm sure he said "busy" not "pissy".

The bed was pretty aggressive in fairness.

He probably meant 'busy' but it sounded like he said 'pissy' after listening to it a couple of times. :D

After listening to the bed it makes me wonder why they couldn't turn the volume down on it although presumably the DJ's have no control of it, hence the change of bed. 

5 hours ago, TMD_24 said:

He probably meant 'busy' but it sounded like he said 'pissy' after listening to it a couple of times. :D

After listening to the bed it makes me wonder why they couldn't turn the volume down on it although presumably the DJ's have no control of it, hence the change of bed. 

The DJs have complete control of how loud the bed is- it plays off a fader and they can bring it up and down as they like. Dev clearly just didn't like the particular bed and found it distracting to talk over.

Adele Roberts is now using the new imaging and has a new name-check on her ID's now. I have to say I don't think I'm going to get as bored with the new imaging as quickly as the current set which starting to die now. The idents are great as well as the beds and everything just feels so much fresher than the current lot which doesn't get that wow factor compared to the new set. I wasn't sure about the Chris Eubank/Andi Peters male voiceover at first but I quite like him and has really got a different feel compared to the others, I don't need to describe the other voiceovers though as they are great!

1 hour ago, Ant L said:

Hopefully that'll be a proper end to the Pure Jingles package completely - the new sound is much fresher.

I wouldn't be too quick to rule out Pure Jingles. Why would they put these up online for people to listen to when a new sound by different company has already been introduced? I've previously said the new package by IMGR is a very unprofessional one and a mixup that sounds completely wrong to the station. Hearing the latest Pure Jingles selection is fresh and more professional, however they now seem something of yesteryear as our ears adjust to the new intros.

Clara playing some new ones today too. So far I've only heard one type of DJ name ID (the one where the name is shouted at the end), whereas before there were about 4. There could be more I haven't heard yet though. 

A new Clara ID has been stuck on the beginning of one of the beds she uses as well - a missed opportunity to refresh them I thought, she's been using the same 3 or so since the show launched in 2015. 

Also sounds like Scott's stopped playing his own beds, which is a shame cause they were really good and made his show sound a bit more distinctive - now he just uses R1 generic beds (other than for Bangers).

UPDATE: Never mind, I've just heard another ID, ignore me.

23 hours ago, Ryan Pannell said:

I wouldn't be too quick to rule out Pure Jingles. Why would they put these up online for people to listen to when a new sound by different company has already been introduced? I've previously said the new package by IMGR is a very unprofessional one and a mixup that sounds completely wrong to the station. Hearing the latest Pure Jingles selection is fresh and more professional, however they now seem something of yesteryear as our ears adjust to the new intros.

I'm guessing the Pure Jingles package will be dead by next week giving the fact that they nearly have completed the roll out after 100 years of easing the new set. 

2 hours ago, TMD_24 said:

I'm guessing the Pure Jingles package will be dead by next week giving the fact that they nearly have completed the roll out after 100 years of easing the new set. 

It seems to be a show at a time! Find it odd that Scott hasn't got ( / isn't using any) name Idents on his show yet thought? 

15 hours ago, Ant L said:

Just listened to a podcast for the first time in a long time.

Can't quite believe they're still using imaging from the package which was last used 5 years ago. Craziness.

I know, it's kinda funny they're still on but there's no real need to change them- the jingles still sound good and they're two of the best voiceovers Radio 1 have had IMO.

On 19/01/2017 at 9:30 PM, Ant L said:

Just listened to a podcast for the first time in a long time.

Can't quite believe they're still using imaging from the package which was last used 5 years ago. Craziness.

Funny you mention this - as of Thursday on Scott's podcast, the old intro has been binned off in favour of someone saying "this is the BBC". Sounds rubbish - I hope it's not permanent. 

The "this is the BBC" intro is the same across all of the podcasts - even on Radio 2 (yep, just checked) 

I think if they're trying to push the all-encompassing brand, they need to adjust this to be a little longer. "This is content brought to you by BBC Radio. If you like it, add it to your favourites with the BBC iPlayer Radio app". Maybe. Something of substance. 

1 hour ago, bensteele said:

The "this is the BBC" intro is the same across all of the podcasts - even on Radio 2 (yep, just checked) 

I think if they're trying to push the all-encompassing brand, they need to adjust this to be a little longer. "This is content brought to you by BBC Radio. If you like it, add it to your favourites with the BBC iPlayer Radio app". Maybe. Something of substance. 

Completely agree. Doesn't even say it's a podcast or give any kind of useful information. If I were R1 I'd stick something extra on to the end. 

My favourite is the old one with the northern chap - Reardio Won podcasts. Downlord them for free at BBC.cor.ukeer slash reardio won. I have no idea whether you can type a northern accent but I just tried.