Unofficial Mills

Scott Mills' Masterpieces

Anne O Rack

Just had a random thought pop into my head; what were all of the albums on Scott Mills' Masterpieces for each year?

I know there's a load of stuff on the internet for Zane's but for this parody feature there exists little. Some might say it would be good to be expunged from public view haha but my curiousity has got the better of me this evening...

I do remember them playing Busted one year when I was slaving away in the university library and tuned to Radio 1. Secret guilty pleasure that was that and spurred me to write more on my dissertation. You'd think eh? ;)

Over to you...

• 2 months later...
On 2/29/2016 at 5:18 PM, OohErr said:

This video is pure class

I have this full show in the archive, Thursday 8th November 2007. Straight out of Newsbeat at 5pm, he gets about 1 min 30 into track 2 before the phone call comes in. Then he plays 'Sometimes' in full about 10 mins later whilst Zane answered the phone.

on the grid.

Scott Mills: Thursday 8th November 2007, 9 years ago this year. My god, seems like yesterday.:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/23fl2imteiuyllh/Scott%20Mills%20Thursday%208th%20November%202007.mp3?dl=0

It'd take me an age to upload everything I have, over 70GB in shows. But I can get away with a one off like this. That for example at 170MB took me the best part of 35 minutes.

I find it amazing Radio 1 play Led Zeppelin on here, and of course Zane goes on to play an entire album. There were things about Radio 1 that were hit and miss for me in the mid 2000's, but there'd be no chance of something like this happening today.

on the grid.

14 hours ago, DC said:

Scott Mills: Thursday 8th November 2007, 9 years ago this year. My god, seems like yesterday.:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/23fl2imteiuyllh/Scott%20Mills%20Thursday%208th%20November%202007.mp3?dl=0

It'd take me an age to upload everything I have, over 70GB in shows. But I can get away with a one off like this. That for example at 170MB took me the best part of 35 minutes.

I find it amazing Radio 1 play Led Zeppelin on here, and of course Zane goes on to play an entire album. There were things about Radio 1 that were hit and miss for me in the mid 2000's, but there'd be no chance of something like this happening today.

Thanks! How about sticking anything worth uploading on a usb stick or sd card and posting it to one of us (whooooooo!) to upload it for you?

On 5/5/2016 at 10:11 PM, OohErr said:

Whoa! I haven't listened to it all yet but there was a great whooooooo by Scott and Chappers during the 4:30 news. Didn't realise Scott had been whoooing for that long.

The original 'whoooooo!' came from one of Mark & Lard's daft quizzes called 'It's a Mystery', they did that way back in 2000/2001. Scott has been doing it himself for well over 10 years.

on the grid.

Oh, I'm fully aware of its origins, being a Mark and Lard fan myself. I didn't realise Scott has been carrying on the joke himself for the years since they left though. I thought it was only brought back around 2013 or so. What an education.