Unofficial Mills

easter Monday schedule

abertom

It seems the regular cover for Scott's show is almost always Matt these days. I would say that's a fairly good sign of him taking the slot permanently one day, but then Alice covers for Fearne often and look how that turned out. Surprised Clara's not in for Fearne actually.

Hard to see where Dev would fit in on weekdays really, other than being the regular cover for Greg.

I'd actually quite like to hear Chris Stark do a show on his own sometime, Chappers and Dave style. Matt Edmondson started off doing the showbiz on Fearne's show so it's not totally out of the question.

Good to have another student radio presenter on, apart from that, the whole schedule seems quite predictible. Clara isn't on as it seems she's away, as Scott is doing the chart on the 5th April. Annie seems to be away at Coachella or some festival too (from 30th-10th April) which seems strange as she's just started. Dan & Phil on as it's the first Monday of the month. Also, does anyone else think Greg's taking quite a lot of holidays lately? He'll be off on the 9th and 10th, too.

Good to have another student radio presenter on, apart from that, the whole schedule seems quite predictible. Clara isn't on as it seems she's away, as Scott is doing the chart on the 5th April. Annie seems to be away at Coachella or some festival too (from 30th-10th April) which seems strange as she's just started. Dan & Phil on as it's the first Monday of the month. Also, does anyone else think Greg's taking quite a lot of holidays lately? He'll be off on the 9th and 10th, too.

I note that Alice Levine is sitting in for Fearne from friday april 3 to at least Friday april 10 so Fearne's making sure she uses up all her holiday entitlement before she goes !

It seems the regular cover for Scott's show is almost always Matt these days. I would say that's a fairly good sign of him taking the slot permanently one day, but then Alice covers for Fearne often and look how that turned out. Surprised Clara's not in for Fearne actually.

Hard to see where Dev would fit in on weekdays really, other than being the regular cover for Greg.

I'd actually quite like to hear Chris Stark do a show on his own sometime, Chappers and Dave style. Matt Edmondson started off doing the showbiz on Fearne's show so it's not totally out of the question.

He did the Radio 1 Stories "Body Image" show about a month or two ago, which was by himself.

I'm really looking forward to One Hit Wonder Day. I like the music Radio 1 plays but it's nice every once in a while to hear slightly older songs being played again.

Anybody remember the Ten Hour Takeover? They haven't done one in so long, newer listeners won't get the joke in the Ten Minute Takeover.

I'm currently listening back to Izzie Clarke from this morning - two links in, I've heard nothing special. It's all fairly bland and tad cringey. If this is the best female in student radio, then there's a serious lack of talent coming through. Preferred that Jordan North bloke from earlier this year.

She was more or less just back announcing and introducing records. Doubt she'll be invited back. Think Jordan North might have a chance though, maybe even Pete Allisson could still be given a show, he seems to be a rising star, and he's friends with Chris Sawyer, Matt Deegan and Dave Cribb, who are kinda all part of the same "Radio Clique", so they might be quite influential.

Dev is doing a double shift today apparently. He's on air now 4pm-7pm in for Greg and then in for Phil Taggart who is in for Huw who is in for Annie who is on tour. Confused? Me too! To add to the mix, DJ Target has been drafted in to cover for Huw who is in for Annie tonight from 7pm.

Izzie Clarke's idents sounded bloody ridiculous. I like Pete Allison, he sent me a Chrimbo card with a Capital pen, he's a bit of a geek and if he got into Radio 1 a little bit more, he'd be really strong I think. A key player.

Can I re-iterate that Gemma Cairney is ABSOLUTELY BLOODY AWFUL and anyone mentioned in this thread is far, far far better than anything she could do.

Phil said on his Twitter that as a result of an Easter mishap, he's concussed. Hence DOUBLE DEV! WOOOOOO! I'm listening, and it's weird hearing Dev in proper music mode, I'm wondering if he's ever heard of most of the music he's playing, but I'm quite enjoying it anyway.

If I were Izzie Clarke, I would have put in tremendous effort to that show - her (probably) one chance to get on Radio 1, blown (probably). Maybe that's not what she's in to anyway - she's doing some kind of physics degree, so maybe radio is just a hobby. If R1 isn't careful, they'll have another succession crisis in a few years - when Grimmy, Greg, Scott and Dev go, they won't be left with much. I'm thinking of Alice as a future breakfast show host perhaps, maybe Matt Edmondson drivetime? Can't see Phil Taggart ever doing daytime, so they'll be in need of more funny daytime people in 5-8 years time. Can't see Dev being on for more than 3-4 years unfortunately, and I'm slowly accepting that maybe he'll never see a weekday show again.

Originally posted by radioanorak

Can I re-iterate that Gemma Cairney is ABSOLUTELY BLOODY AWFUL and anyone mentioned in this thread is far, far far better than anything she could do.

Of course, it goes without saying, Cairney is always, consistently bad. She was really getting on my tits the other day when she was just scream-laughing whilst talking to Grimmy at nothing particularly funny. I do not enjoy her show. Also, don't think she's particularly target either - a large part of her show "content" seems to be reminiscing things from the 90s. I know her show demographic is 36 year old male truckers, but still - she could at least try to sound more target.

I think I've gone off on a tangent somewhat; in summary, One Hit Wonder day was great. One thing I've noticed though: doesn't Alice Levine say her name a lot and play name IDs a lot.

Peace out.