Unofficial Mills

Is Scott sounding less slick as of late?

OohErr

I don't listen to the live show very often, but one thing that's struck me when I've been listening over the last few days is that Scott isn't sounding as slick as normal. He's rarely talking up to the vocal properly, or on occasion crashing the vocal. His backtimings also not the best at the moment.

At least, I think. Has anybody else noticed? After 17 years, the Heart slickness might be wearing off.

I don't listen to the live show very often, but one thing that's struck me when I've been listening over the last few days is that Scott isn't sounding as slick as normal. He's rarely talking up to the vocal properly, or on occasion crashing the vocal. His backtimings also not the best at the moment.

At least, I think. Has anybody else noticed? After 17 years, the Heart slickness might be wearing off.

I didn't notice any problems during today's show, maybe he saw your post lol

Just listening back to the podcast from yesterday when Scott and Chris covered breakfast. I loved the show, the Kathy from EastEnders, red eye and Snappy Snaps whooooooo's along with the waking up song mistiming were hilarious! Did anyone else notice that Scott crashed the vocal quite badly on Blonde & Melissa Steel track? It's not like Scott to be doing that at all.

Just listening back to the podcast from yesterday when Scott and Chris covered breakfast. I loved the show, the Kathy from EastEnders, red eye and Snappy Snaps whooooooo's along with the waking up song mistiming were hilarious! Did anyone else notice that Scott crashed the vocal quite badly on Blonde & Melissa Steel track? It's not like Scott to be doing that at all.

I'll check it out now

Could just be a bit stressed out at the moment with the contract ending and all? Maybe they haven't given him a verdict yet, or they have and it's not a good one :( Why is he covering for Grimmy on Friday, I'm getting all paranoid now...

well if he's still being used as cover on breakfast and the chart show (which he's doing on sunday week) he's probably not about to be sacked any time soon !

maybe hes just a bit upset abut Zane leaving. He did a handover wth him for 8 years after all...

well if he's still being used as cover on breakfast and the chart show (which he's doing on sunday week) he's probably not about to be sacked any time soon !

maybe hes just a bit upset abut Zane leaving. He did a handover wth him for 8 years after all...

No. That's not the case, he wouldn't be particularly upset about Zane leaving to the point where his broadcasts aren't as oily.

I think Scott's shows are still extremely slick. His timings with the news are mostly flawless and the silly elements of his show (Bamboleo Wednesday, echos on the "wwwwhhhhhooooooo"s, pulling the "Yaaaassss GaGa" clips on command, the list is endless) don't even sound like they need any skill in the studio because he is so flawless with that sort of thing. He also very rarely messes up Innuendo Bingo which, again, doesn't sound like a difficult element to run technically because he doesn't make it sound difficult. These things that take skill or "slickness" to do we don't even acknowledge half the time simply because he does it so effortlessly. I doubt a looming contract end or a leaving colleague are even on his mind when he is on air doing his job.

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

I think Scott's shows are still extremely slick. His timings with the news are mostly flawless and the silly elements of his show (Bamboleo Wednesday, echos on the "wwwwhhhhhooooooo"s, pulling the "Yaaaassss GaGa" clips on command, the list is endless) don't even sound like they need any skill in the studio because he is so flawless with that sort of thing. He also very rarely messes up Innuendo Bingo which, again, doesn't sound like a difficult element to run technically because he doesn't make it sound difficult. These things that take skill or "slickness" to do we don't even acknowledge half the time simply because he does it so effortlessly. I doubt a looming contract end or a leaving colleague are even on his mind when he is on air doing his job.

I'm pretty sure the "whos" and other SFX you mentioned are available on-demand through the touch-screen system directly in front of a presenter; which doesn't actually require much skill.

As for Innuendo Bingo, well, it's an amusing feature but I'm sure every host on Radio 1 (excluding Gemma) could pull it off quite well.

I'm pretty sure the "whos" and other SFX you mentioned are available on-demand through the touch-screen system directly in front of a presenter; which doesn't actually require much skill.

As for Innuendo Bingo, well, it's an amusing feature but I'm sure every host on Radio 1 (excluding Gemma) could pull it off quite well.

Watch the new Innuendo Bingo. 10:10 in. Proves the whos are live

Slightly OT, but how does the touch screen thing work? Can you play clips directly from it? When Matt Edmondson once hosted innuendo bingo it looked like he was only using the touch screen, but Scott seems to play the clips the same way he plays songs and jingles. What's the difference?