Unofficial Mills

Your Views: Alice Levine..

thebaileysface

Grimmy announced this morning that Ian will be leaving his role as Breakfast Show assistant producer and moving to producing Alice Levine on weekends.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04ybpxc

At 02:36:00

On the side note, I wonder if they'll fill Ian's role on BS with a silent assistant producer or someone who'll have a speaking role.

Aled produces the Internet Takeover show, so he'll have a lot on his plate. With regards to Ian, I didn't feel he brought a great deal to the plate.

I really like Alice, I thought her show with Phil was great 10-12, my favourite radio1 show apart from Scott when it was on. She's great when she does Real or no real or stuff like the Brits red carpet and is also good when doing the handovers, however as a solo radio presenter it doesn't quite work. I think it's because she's naturally funny and chatty but with no one to laugh or react it just feels awkward. It's like if Peter Kay recorded a stand up dvd with no audience, it wouldn't work.I don't think Alice is the problem, it's the show.

I'd really like to hear her cover for Scott when he's off next, I bet she and Chris would be great. Or maybe cover for Chris when he's off because even Scott doesn't sound as good on his own.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by niena viewpost-right.png

Grimmy announced this morning that Ian will be leaving his role as Breakfast Show assistant producer and moving to producing Alice Levine on weekends.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04ybpxc

At 02:36:00

On the side note, I wonder if they'll fill Ian's role on BS with a silent assistant producer or someone who'll have a speaking role.

Aled produces the Internet Takeover show, so he'll have a lot on his plate. With regards to Ian, I didn't feel he brought a great deal to the plate.

Try at 2:27 for getting the full conversation on Ian leaving. I think there is only one producer and one AP for weekend shows, so Aled will be leaving Alice as he is now a (much deserved) Editor, which I believe is the new title for Exec Producer. So with Ian is being promoted to Producer from an AP, I dont believe Aled and Ian will be doing it alongside each other...

I think the quality of her show might go down with Ian producing- Aled is probably the best producer they've got, and was a great choice to launch the show. I guess that now it's established, they can afford to take a few more risks, but based on the quality of production of The Radio 1 Breakfast Show it might get a bit worse, at least for a while. I genuinely believe that Alice is the true air to Coxy.

I hope Travis from Greg's show isn't moved to breakfast. It would be terrible to change that team now.

I think Grimmy is at an all time high at the moment, great guests and more entertaining than ever before! I think the 3 weeks off over Christmas made the show sound better when the returned.

I think it'll just be Matt Fincham and Fiona producing Breakfast from now on. Anyone remember LMC?!?!

And although I like Alice, nobody can beat Coxy.

I think Grimmy is at an all time high at the moment, great guests and more entertaining than ever before! I think the 3 weeks off over Christmas made the show sound better when the returned.

I think it'll just be Matt Fincham and Fiona producing Breakfast from now on. Anyone remember LMC?!?!

I totally agree with all this. Breakfast is sounding brilliant.

Nobody will ever beat Coxy.

Alices shows quality can only get better.

Congrats to Nick on his RAJAR increase. Breakfast is sounding fab at the moment and content is fantastic.. He is really silencing the critics. Hats off to Nick, Matt, Fiona and Ian!